Will anyone be more surprised if 49ers lose MNF game

nategreat

Reaction score
Like I said before, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Falcons won this game. Any given Sunday. And hopefully this lessens the blow of yesterday's game. At least the Cardinals are a playoff-caliber team who are playing lights out lately.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm so excited... even IF the 49'er win... this first half is a more fun than any part of yesterdays game!!!

HoRneR

Reaction score
HoRneR":15qwlpa9 said:
I don't expect it being a Niner fan and all but the Falcons do have a shot. This being in all honesty prob the last game at the stick brings a fair amount of pressure on the Niners so they could come out flat but I hope not :).

Damn I nailed it!

Polaris

Reaction score
Well the Niners won....by the skin of their teeth (and don't believe the final score). After seeing the last two minutes, the Niner fans forever forfeit any claim that Seattle is a "luckier" team than they are.

irocdave

Reaction score
Going to be a fun 4 hours starting at 1:00pm Sunday. Niners will have their hands full with the Cards, Hawks will be in a slugfest with the Rams, Saints might be choking away their playoff berth and Panthers will be playing with a ton of pressure on them.

irocdave

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, that was a gift wrapped win. Atlanta had all the momentum and the ball just bounced SF's way. Could have been called PI also but wasn't. Not taking anything away from SF just pointing out some times that what it takes to win. Hawks have had some of that this year also, that's what it takes to win sometimes. No reason to apologize for it. A win is a win.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tonight's game was much more competitive than I thought it would be. That was a great onside kick recovery. Harry Douglas has been spotty since he had to step up his game IMO. I would have kept feeding Gonzalez in the middle or White on the edge, plus that Davis dude. Bowman made a great play after getting stoned on the blitz, to pop outside and get that deflection.

Falcons played their butts off, they just need to get their defense better, replace Gonzalez and find a running back to go with Rodgers.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
irocdave":xfjh8zw5 said:
Could have been called PI also but wasn't. Not taking anything away from SF just pointing out some times that what it takes to win. Hawks have had some of that this year also, that's what it takes to win sometimes. No reason to apologize for it. A win is a win.
that was a flag????? are you joking? do you watch the seahawks play D?

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":k43xmdmk said:
irocdave":k43xmdmk said:
Could have been called PI also but wasn't. Not taking anything away from SF just pointing out some times that what it takes to win. Hawks have had some of that this year also, that's what it takes to win sometimes. No reason to apologize for it. A win is a win.

Ya...and lucky bounce? Did they not see the onside kick? LOL. No worries. A win is a win.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cokoz7j said:
SoHo9erFan":3cokoz7j said:
irocdave":3cokoz7j said:

Ya...and lucky bounce? Did they not see the onside kick? LOL. No worries. A win is a win.

Brooks had an unlucky bounce in the same way Buckner had an unlucky bounce. The luck part took place because you didn't get low enough like you should to touch the ball and just assumed it will follow the physics calculated in your head on the fly. So ya, a guy missed the ball due to a lucky bounce and not anything he did wrong.

If you want any luck from last nights game it would be the INT itself. Brooks was just running by when it fell into his hands. Brooks then housed it like a man.

** Also Side Note** Do all Niner's fans put LOL in every post? You guys seem to laugh so much at your own humor it is sad to see. I mean seriously.. lots of laughing out loud to your own "jokes". Kinda lets you know the age bracket of all these "long time" fans.

** Double Edit** I stand corrected you do not use it as much as I had previously thought. You use it nowhere near the amount of time Popeye does.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":2bny3cjq said:
Marvin49":2bny3cjq said:
SoHo9erFan":2bny3cjq said:
irocdave":2bny3cjq said:

Brooks had an unlucky bounce in the same way Buckner had an unlucky bounce. The luck part took place because you didn't get low enough like you should to touch the ball and just assumed it will follow the physics calculated in your head on the fly. So ya, a guy missed the ball due to a lucky bounce and not anything he did wrong.

If you want any luck from last nights game it would be the INT itself. Brooks was just running by when it fell into his hands. Brooks then housed it like a man.

** Also Side Note** Do all Niner's fans put LOL in every post? You guys seem to laugh so much at your own humor it is sad to see. I mean seriously.. lots of laughing out loud to your own "jokes". Kinda lets you know the age bracket of all these "long time" fans.

First, it was Bowman, not Brooks.

Second, I was referring to the way the ball bounced up to Snelling and he was able to grab it with one hand and get two feet in. Are you seriously going to argue that the INT was all luck and the Onside kick was all skill?

Third, LOL. - wrote that before your double edit :)

Peeps on here talking about "lucky bounces" really makes me laugh considering the way the Seahawks have won several games late this year (Schaub-Sherman anyone?). To paint this game as "the Niners get the breaks" is laughable. Every good team get some lucky breaks and the 49ers have been on the wrong end of those breaks on many occasions this year. Hell...the flag on Whitner was ridiculous in THAT game.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":394gyvmv said:

Second, I was referring to the way the ball bounced up to Snelling and he was able to grab it with one hand and get two feet in. Are you seriously going to argue that the INT was all luck and the Onside kick was all skill?

Peeps on here talking about "lucky bounces" really makes me laugh considering the way the Seahawks have won several games late this year (Schaub-Sherman anyone?). To paint this game as "the Niners get the breaks" is laughable. Every good team get some lucky breaks and the 49ers have been on the wrong end of those breaks on many occasions this year. Hell...the flag on Whitner was ridiculous in THAT game.

Corrected Bowman not Brooks.

Every year there are lucky bounces I agree.

Whitner's was a legal hit I agree.

I never claimed the Niners get the breaks and no one else does, but in this instance I said the Niners got the break to win the game. Also never said it was all luck or a negative win in anyway or form, I said it was lucky he was running by at that exact moment *Then proceeded to house it like a man* Notice how I even mentioned how great the whole play was? Unlike some who felt the fumble in CAR caused by Thomas and Sherman was just all luck, with no skill involved. You seem to be the one wanting to fill in the blanks as negatives.

Snelling put himself in a position to make the play on the bounce, Bowman put himself in a position to not make the play on the bounce. Two different efforts put forth.

As far as Niner fans go I enjoy you Marvin, I just feel you put the spin on things a little to hard sometimes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":2q82is0w said:
Marvin49":2q82is0w said:

Corrected Bowman not Brooks.

Every year there are lucky bounces I agree.

Whitner's was a legal hit I agree.

I never claimed the Niners get the breaks and no one else does, but in this instance I said the Niners got the break to win the game. Also never said it was all luck or a negative win in anyway or form, I said it was lucky he was running by at that exact moment *Then proceeded to house it like a man* Notice how I even mentioned how great the whole play was? Unlike some who felt the fumble in CAR caused by Thomas and Sherman was just all luck, with no skill involved. You seem to be the one wanting to fill in the blanks as negatives.

Snelling put himself in a position to make the play on the bounce, Bowman put himself in a position to not make the play on the bounce. Two different efforts put forth.

As far as Niner fans go I enjoy you Marvin, I just feel you put the spin on things a little to hard sometimes.

No worries...my response was more to others than to you even though I quoted you. I bunch of peeps in here saying stuff like "they get all the breaks" etc.

No question, it was a lucky bounce that got the ball into Navorros hands, but it was also an outstanding play by Reid to put a hit on Ryan and force that short throw, it was an outstanding play by Brock to recognize the route and break directly to the ball and prevent the catch, and it was an outstanding play by Bowman to first blitz the A Gap, realize he wasn't going anywhere, end his rush and run to the ball simply to be in place to take advantage of that lucky bounce.

IE, good teams and players put themselves in a position to take advantage of "lucky" bounces. :)

Seattle has done it several times this year. They themselves have been "lucky" at times, but inferior teams wouldn't have been in a position to take advantage of that Luck if they were less talented or didn't play as hard as they do.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Yes we got a "break" and used it to our advantage, happens every Sunday, Monday night, and Thursday night in the NFL. I don't mind people saying we caught a break, I do mind when people say it was luck when it happens to a team other than their own.

Latest posts