Will anyone be more surprised if 49ers lose MNF game

13thMan

Reaction score
Polaris":1wh1trg6 said:
MidwestHawker":1wh1trg6 said:
To answer OP: San Francisco loses tomorrow night's game like 2% of the time. I'll tune in and hope against hope, but it would be one of the most shocking results of the NFL season (possibly #1) and I certainly don't expect it to happen.

More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.

This is the most troubling aspect of the loss IMO... The fact that Carson Palmer did every bit his part to ensure a Hawks win and the STILL couldn't get it done... +3 in the turnover margin has a ridiculous winning percentage and now this team is on the ass end of that crazy stat... Not good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OK....

To address a few things I've read in this forum...

1) RELAX. Seahawks will be fine. They will still be the #1 seed because they will NOT lose to the Rams in Seattle.

2) 49er CRUSH far inferior teams and struggle against better teams. They do NOT play to the level of their competition. That whole stupid argument about the Colts and the fact that they were 7.5 point favorites is meaningless because it was freakin week 3 and nobody really knew who was really good and who wasn't yet. Those Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs this season. They have already won their division and will be playing in January. They were not a bad team.

3) Arizona is good. Particularly on Defense. If the Niners win tonight, they still have a tough task in Arizona next week. To you peeps saying "the QB threw 4 picks, they suck", you might want to take a gander at the standings. The NFC West has THREE teams with 10 wins with a week to play. The LAST place team in the division could still go 8-8 AND still has a shot at the 1st pick in the draft. There is no shame in losing to Arizona. The only thing that was really damaged yesterday was the aura of invincibility in Seattle....but I CERTAINLY don't see them losing there twice in 2 weeks. No freakin way.

Weadoption

Reaction score
This is just a classic aberration type game to me, let it sting, throw it out, and take care of biz next week.
RW is going to struggle at times, especially when the running game is stuggling. Thats true for every qb in the league.
He has been so solid overall that its easy to forget he is still a 2nd year player playing the most difficult postion in all of sports.
You didnt sustain any injuries and the clutch close wins that you earned early in the season afforded you the ability to make this loss meaningless with a victory over the Rams.
Beat rams, dont get hurt and in a few weeks this game is as meaningless as Sarah Palin.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Weadoption":2rhswhpu said:
This is just a classic aberration type game to me, let it sting, throw it out, and take care of biz next week.
RW is going to struggle at times, especially when the running game is stuggling. Thats true for every qb in the league.
He has been so solid overall that its easy to forget he is still a 2nd year player playing the most difficult postion in all of sports.
You didnt sustain any injuries and the clutch close wins that you earned early in the season afforded you the ability to make this loss meaningless with a victory over the Rams.
Beat rams, dont get hurt and in a few weeks this game is as meaningless as Sarah Palin.

Agreed....funny tho that its 2 Niner fans that are saying this game was no big deal. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2srpvunm said:
Marvin49":2srpvunm said:
OK....

To address a few things I've read in this forum...

1) RELAX. Seahawks will be fine. They will still be the #1 seed because they will NOT lose to the Rams in Seattle.

2) 49er CRUSH far inferior teams and struggle against better teams. They do NOT play to the level of their competition. That whole stupid argument about the Colts and the fact that they were 7.5 point favorites is meaningless because it was freakin week 3 and nobody really knew who was really good and who wasn't yet. Those Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs this season. They have already won their division and will be playing in January. They were not a bad team.

3) Arizona is good. Particularly on Defense. If the Niners win tonight, they still have a tough task in Arizona next week. To you peeps saying "the QB threw 4 picks, they suck", you might want to take a gander at the standings. The NFC West has THREE teams with 10 wins with a week to play. The LAST place team in the division could still go 8-8 AND still has a shot at the 1st pick in the draft. There is no shame in losing to Arizona. The only thing that was really damaged yesterday was the aura of invincibility in Seattle....but I CERTAINLY don't see them losing there twice in 2 weeks. No freakin way.

Amazing that it takes a goddamn niner fan (no offense) to be the voice of reason in here. Thanks Marvin. I think most of us are fine, but we all tend to get a little emotional after a tough loss, especially at home. I've seen you have to deal with it over at the webzone, too. I think we'll be more than fine - BUT - do you think this puts a wee bit more pressure on the niners tonight? I mean, if they lose to ATL, that means that Arizona have a great shot at making the playoffs in the wildcard spot if they can beat you all next weekend. Just looking for your thoughts on that, and the reason I ask is because I really think that the pressure got to our Offense yesterday, but thankfully they have another chance to clinch #1 again next week.

Not really. There was already pressure on them because this is the last game at Candlestick. They have 2 shots at securing their playoff spot. They also usually respond pretty well to these types of situations. That doesn't guarantee a win by any stretch because any team can beat you on any day. I just don't see the pressure getting to them.

Arizona is a tougher game. If the Niners win tonight, the Niners won't know if Seattle has won yet when they are playing...so I'd expect the Niners to go all out for 2 weeks here.

It doesn't matter though. I just can't see the Seahawks losing to the Rams. If they do though and lose a 3 game lead in 4 weeks....then they deserve to lose the division.

Weadoption

Reaction score
if the Niners lose to Atlanta tonight they should be banned from the playoffs for 5 years.
Thats how sickening of a loss it would be on the Sticks last night of relevancy.

HoRneR

Reaction score
I don't expect it being a Niner fan and all but the Falcons do have a shot. This being in all honesty prob the last game at the stick brings a fair amount of pressure on the Niners so they could come out flat but I hope not :).

chris98251

Reaction score
Many of us Seahawks fans didn't take Arizona seriously as a good team, many read headlines and think of what history has shown, the 58 - 0 drubbing was in many minds. We forget that they had a new coach and system when we played them, we also forget that as they got comfortable with it they began to chalk up wins in the division quietly as the Seahawks and 49ers were getting all the press. We forget that Palmer with a good supporting cast can be a serviceable QB.

Now with the last week on the horizon we have three dogs in the hunt with a 4th nipping at all of our heals.

I don't think as far as the NFC West any of us can take a division game for granted anymore. Take any one of these defenses and the other 28 teams in the league would cut off the arm of their GM to have them. Our offenses and special teams are the biggest difference between us now. That is scary based on the Rams picks coming up and the amount of picks the 49ers have, we seem to find diamonds in the rough and Arizona well they have different player assessment group and it will be interesting to see how they really operate going forward.

Enjoy and take advantage this year, because next year this division could be flipped upside down easily. Thats no insult it's just how good it is and a blown call by any ref could cost a team a win or two and drop them to 4th instead of 1st.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Falcons are licking their chops looking to spoil someone's Christmas, I think they'll play harder than people expect; but I'll be pretty surprised if the 49ers lose tonight.

chris98251

Reaction score
What have the Falcons got to play for, spoilers and to make the last regular season game at Candlestick a loss, it's Monday Night also and we all kow weird shit happens then, teams get abnormally pumped up, they want to try to salvage some self respect on National TV. 49ers could be looking past them and get wrapped up in the Nostalgia.

Like I said Stranger thngs have happened.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
a 49er loss tonight would be the best xmas gift. We get homefield and they potentially dont even make the playoffs :)...PLEASE...if theres one thing I want this regular season....

JesterHawk

Reaction score
It would be sweet justice if they put up their billboard (in Fife, lol) and then cement our #1 seed tonight and then miss the playoffs next week in Arizona.

If that happens, I think we need to redouble our efforts to raise money for the San Francisco Childrens Hospital. That and put up Kaepernick with his Dolphins hat on a billboard in Santa Clara. :)

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Reason and expectation have nothing to do with message board postings, sir.

GOOD DAY TO YOU.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I can't watch this slurpfest anymore. You wouldn't even know there any other franchises in the NFL if you watched this game. I didn't even see this much circlejerking when the Cowboys closed their stadium.

I've never wanted to see a franchise have a decades-long period of sucking more than I do right now.