Why The Patriots Would Have Beat The Bengals

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":z5fxc4pw said:
Agreed. This team played with outright cowardice this weekend trying to just protect a lead rather than step on the Bengals' throats. They payed the price and I hope Paul Allen is asking Pete and co what Belichick and Brady would do in that situation.
Cheat and cheat some more?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
rcaido":hnauvbyi said:
I think Carol has too much respect for other coaches to run up the score...He also has a lot of confidence w/ Wilson & the D. This bit him in the ass. Teams doesn't seem to fear us anymore, probably because we always play to their level & doing just enough to win instead blowing them away. We dont put pressure on teams when we are on offense, just run & pound make the least amount of mistakes. We have too much talent to be doing this conservative play.

Pete's history has shown he doesn't have that much of a problem running up the score if the Offense gets going. That was not the issue.

When the Seahawks get ahead, they like to play the percentages. They think they have a greater chance to win the game if they play safe and conservative. It lowers the chance of game-changing turnovers, penalties, etc. and takes more time off the clock. They want to limit the amount of drives the opposition will have. They try to manage it.

Sometimes their game of chance doesn't pay off, like yesterday. You have to be able to convert first downs if you want to play that game, and the Seahawks weren't able to do it. Think about it: just one more first down in the 4th Quarter by our Offense and the Bengals wouldn't have time left for their tying FG drive. The Seahawks didn't even need to score. They just needed one more first down to take a minute and a half off the clock.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RunTheBall":13fyqdpd said:
Missing_Clink":13fyqdpd said:
Agreed. This team played with outright cowardice this weekend trying to just protect a lead rather than step on the Bengals' throats. They payed the price and I hope Paul Allen is asking Pete and co what Belichick and Brady would do in that situation.
Hey, if you can get away with it and win multiple championships, why not?! Lol.

If you can't beat them, use their tactics! Lol

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1zqch1do said:
Missing_Clink":1zqch1do said:

Meh. They used to call him Cheatey Petey for a reason. Not like we are cheering for a saint here in seattle.

And we all know that if the pats had been up by 17 going into the 4th they probably win by even more. That's just how they do it. Wish the hawks would do the same.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
For anyone that watched that Steelers game...guarantee we kick the FG and dont even try to score a TD

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":tor1j7he said:
RunTheBall":tor1j7he said:
Missing_Clink":tor1j7he said:

Meh. They used to call him Cheatey Petey for a reason. Not like we are cheering for a saint here in seattle.

And we all know that if the pats had been up by 17 going into the 4th they probably win by even more. That's just how they do it. Wish the hawks would do the same.
They also used to call him "Cheat Carroll." I think Russell Wilson's political correctness is affecting Carroll.

Goody too shoes Russell Wilson is annoying to me!

I wanna see some fire! Some arrogance! Some swagger!

Our quarterback has none of those traits!

drdiags

Reaction score
Besides the offense not keeping the foot to the pedal, this is an interesting point (small sample size):

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeDRobinson4/status/653894514948575232[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure Tom Brady has a hell of a lot more to work with than Wilson does. I bet his line blocks for him and stuff :lol:

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Tom has Gisele and Russ has his hand. Tom > Russell, Belichick > Pete, McDaniels > Bevhell, DeGuglielmo > Cable

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Pats would beat anybody right now. The Packers would have beaten the Bengals too. The Pats and Packers are the two best teams right now. However, the Panthers wouldn't have beaten the Bengals. So hopefully the Seahawks can right the ship against them this Sunday. The Panthers are 4-0 by playing the Texans, Bucs, Saints, and Jaguars. What a joke...if the Bears had that schedule they'd be 4-0 too. The Panthers are the worst 4-0 team on the planet. Way overrated just like their QB.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No Wilson isn't Brady but our fourth quarter issues are not limited to our offense either. We aren't scoring points in the fourth quarter and at the same time we are giving a bunch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Is it fair to compare our offense to the Pats?

The Hawks and Pats are about as polar opposite as you can get with philosophy and how the teams have been built.

The Pats are built to score, score and score some more, with the majority of cap space dedicated to the offensive side of the ball. The Hawks are built on defense and pounding the ball on offense.

So the question isn't "why can't Russell and the offense score more points"...........the question is why isn't our defense doing what they're suppose to do, hold leads and FINISH teams off.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":2kx2kppu said:
Besides the offense not keeping the foot to the pedal, this is an interesting point (small sample size):

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeDRobinson4/status/653894514948575232[/tweet]
This X 1000.
Would an offensive approach where the opposing defense doesn't run our WRs routes for them help? Sure. But this is by far the most glaring issue.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree. I thought to myself the same thing. Patriots actually know how to close. They don't play ANY different.

The Seahawks had been getting away with this for a few years, but it was always close.

The only time the Seahawks crushed teams was when Russell just started running the read option and Ds didn't know how to stop them.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bsqhuav said:

The Hawks and Pats are about as polar opposite as you can get with philosophy and how the teams have been built.

The Pats are built to score, score and score some more, with the majority of cap space dedicated to the offensive side of the ball. The Hawks are built on defense and pounding the ball on offense.

So the question isn't "why can't Russell and the offense score more points"...........the question is why isn't our defense doing what they're suppose to do, hold leads and FINISH teams off.

The spirit of which this thread was born was not to compare the two team's offensive style but more in their approach to play the game aggressively. The point is that while the two teams may be world's apart in style and scheme, they shouldn't be in an aggressive mindset from start to finish kind of way.

Our philosophy with a 17 point lead headed into the 4th was clearly to tighten in the reigns, play conservative and eat clock. That mindset caused us to lose a game we were clearly meant to win.

The Patriots would have kept playing aggressively with that 17 point lead in the 4th quarter to, wait for it...

Leave No Doubt.

Whatever happened to THAT mantra?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":7e6fc0ly said:
Sgt. Largent":7e6fc0ly said:

The spirit of which this thread was born was not to compare the two team's offensive style but more in their approach to play the game aggressively. The point is that while the two teams may be world's apart in style and scheme, they shouldn't be in an aggressive mindset from start to finish kind of way.

Our philosophy with a 17 point lead headed into the 4th was clearly to tighten in the reigns, play conservative and eat clock. That mindset caused us to lose a game we were clearly meant to win.

The Patriots would have kept playing aggressively with that 17 point lead in the 4th quarter to, wait for it...

Leave No Doubt.

Whatever happened to THAT mantra?

Oh I understand, but the problem with that sentiment is what you're talking about is not something you can turn on and off.

Russell and the offense have been coached up for four seasons to play conservative, run the ball, play for field position, don't make mistakes and let the defense do their thing.

It's why Russell looks tentative, it's why our offense looks inept in 4th quarters........cause they aren't used to, nor built to be explosive on a consistent basis like the Pats.

I'm just trying to get across that it's not the offense, they haven't played any different than they've ever played under Pete. It's the D that's not living up to their end of the bargain.

Latest posts