Why Sweezey should be our RG OTF

-The Glove-

Reaction score
volsunghawk":bfxwt0sl said:
Wenhawk":bfxwt0sl said:
Vols, I don't really appreciate your samrt a$$ remarks, i'm just posting what I see and my opinion on this situation. The media does this stuff all the time with much less. Yes there is no facts liek Caroll comeing out and stating this is an issues, and I cannot prove anything, but there is many things you can question about this guy and when you have players like russell Wilson spending ever last moment improving himself there is more than enough evidence to questions Moffitt's offield actions. The guy is a goon and I agree that he would be hilarious to hang with, he is probably well liked as well. But if he is clowning around and not working to improve himself I just can't back him, I want players with 100% dedication. Again I don't have cold hard facts that he lacks work ethic or dedication, but there is way more to make a case that he does lack dedication than there is that he is a film junkie and is dedicated like many other are. It takes all kinds to make up great teams and Moffitt does contribute, but I will take a guy with less talent who busts his ass and is dedicted every time over a guy with more talent who wastes it because he doesn't give it his all.

I don't care whether you appreciate them or not. I've made comments like that every single time I've seen someone decide they know what's going on in the mind or private life of a player based on one picture or a handful of appearances in an informal outlet like RRR. It's little more than character assassination based on your own opinion and nothing else.

You know who else was a prankster and spent a lot of time goofing around? Robbie Tobeck. And he still played fine for us. If you want to identify why Moffitt wasn't a 16-game starter for the Seahawks this year, you can probably find a lot of evidence other than "he likes to joke around." Maybe it was the aggressiveness Sweezy showed in his run blocking, which the team values. Maybe it was because he was injured to start the season and wasn't really 100% during stretches of the year. Hell, maybe it IS his work ethic. But you've got zero evidence of it.

You can't forget about Matt Hasslebeck...dude was hilarious

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":36pquuke said:
You know who else was a prankster and spent a lot of time goofing around? Robbie Tobeck. .

Pictures or it didn't happen :sarcasm_off:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
On Bob & Groz last week, amidst joking around about Crab-Fu and other things, Moffitt said he hopes people take what he says with a grain of salt. Specifically, he was hinting at the stuff about not working out. Like others have said, O-line guys (while not all alike) are a different breed. Moffitt is a different breed within a different breed, but it seems like his RBs like him, and if he wasn't taking his job seriously and he wasn't getting it done on the field the one group of players who would have the most problem with it are the RBs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
As far as the Real Rob Report valence, It's my oppionion that Moffett is just hamming it up for the camera because he enjoys that. If I were to go with who's available for LG right now, I would personally go with Moffitt because Sweezy is still a disaster when it comes to pass blocking (mainly blitz pickup).

With Russell's rapid and steady development, I would say QB has become the strongest position on our team and I want the team to do everything in its power to put RW in a position to win.

I can understand the concern about Moffitt's seemingly laid-back attitude during interviews with RRR, although a I feel judgement based soley upon that is somewhat flippant. Nobody can say for sure whether your conclusion is correct or incorrect, but that's not the part I disagree with most.

At present, It is my opininion that Sweezy is nowhere near ready to replace Moffit. Moffit is much better at pass pro, and, athough Sweezy will make occasional "ooo and aww" run blocks, Moffett is much more consitent in the run game as well.

I know the coaches are hoping like crazy to harness Sweezy's phyical prowess in the proper way, but if he can't prove he can handle reading the shifts and stunts, I hope to heck he never starts for any extended period of time. The last thing this team need is Russell Wilson sidelined with injuries. Especially with how strong the Niners and the rapidly rising Rams.

CFraychineaud

Reaction score
I think he has the measurables, and quickness to be a good RT.

We have great depth currently at G and Rishaw Johnson looks like he could be very good as a Guard as well. Sweezy's body type and good run blocking ability lend itself to being a RT... could eventually surplant breno.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am afraid that Sweezy reminds me of that guy we had a few years ago that was a converted D lineman. Good on run blocking but never could quite get pass blocking Mansfield Wrotto. They are eerily similar.

I still see Moffitt as somewhat a dark horse if he gets in great shape he could start. I know Carp will be after the job and is very strong and I see him as getting on track after his injury plagued first 2 years

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
This is potentially one of the most ridiculous threads in a long time.

There's some bits of great thought and discussion but seriously, to judge someone on openly joking comments regarding diet and appearance.. seriously? this is what the off season does?

cdallan

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":1a6x2tzx said:

There's some bits of great thought and discussion but seriously, to judge someone on openly joking comments regarding diet and appearance.. seriously? this is what the off season does?

We haven't even started yet. Just you wait.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":2urltlq2 said:

Yup, and it continues throughout the entire offseason.

You should have heard the experts here analyzing Earl Thomas' body language and facial expressions when they showed him getting the call when we drafted him. Had some people convinced he would bolt after his rookie deal because he didn't look excited enough to be drafted by us.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":2xpj4ah4 said:

I would say less judging and more so calling into question. His comments on RRR, his pictures and comments on Twitter, and the fact he was a 3rd round pick who has seen diminished playing time due to a 7th round DL converted to OL, are enough to make me wonder. If you are happy thinking everything is fine, that's great. But don't try and tell me it is rediculous to think anything other than it's all a facade he is just joking around, he's just an OL and really is one of the hardest working guys.

I'd love to read an article about how all his teammates look up to him and how he is watching extra film, or hosting offseason workout, anything like that, but I haven't seen anything. People are allowed to party and have fun, but at the same time I'd much rather have a guy who is all about his business.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2swvyahr said:
I'd love to read an article about how all his teammates look up to him and how he is watching extra film, or hosting offseason workout, anything like that, but I haven't seen anything. People are allowed to party and have fun, but at the same time I'd much rather have a guy who is all about his business.

Just curious. How many articles have you seen like that about any of our linemen?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wenhawk":128lng28 said:

Just wondering... are there any articles like that about Sweezy? Okung even? Unger? Those last two guys are Pro Bowlers and you rarely see any writeups on them, because they are O-Linemen and remain anonymous unless someone perceives there to be a problem. Just sayin.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Okung-
http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/29/thu ... -the-year/

"Left tackle Russell Okung announced on Twitter yesterday that he was voted the 2012 Seahawks Man of the Year, which is the award given annually to the player who represents stellar performance both on the field and in the community. Each player who has won has a photo hanging in one of the hallways at VMAC"

Sweezey-
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 73f277932b

"Cable said. “I think that stands out to me more than anything – he’s so tough mentally. He accepted his failures, but he grew from them."

" “Physically, he’s playing better than I was my rookie year. No question." said Max Unger,

McQuistin-

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 4c5872c799

“He’s kind of our glue, that’s the way I look at him,” offensive line coach Tom Cable said
"So he truly has been the glue in that room, without a doubt.”

“Paul is a great, great listener,” said Sweezy

pehawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk's putting the smack down on all of you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wenhawk has the tiniest of points. That is what his sister told me.

Sweezy left bad plays all over the Atlanta field. Moffit lefta couple out there too. Personally, I hope McQuistan takes both their jobs after Carpenter is the LG.

Latest posts