Why Sweezey should be our RG OTF

taz291819

Reaction score
Killa Kam":2tnmtq2a said:
Lol it amazes me how people think they can judge a players work ethic or heart from a random picture or 15 sec clip from the RRR. I don't blame Marshawn for doing zero interviews...

Yep. As I said earlier in another thread, people take the RRR way too seriously.

Off-season in full swing, and it's only been a day.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Well I have no doubts Moffitt loves beer, from his comment in RRR to his twitter posts, I know he has a crappy eating habits and likes to drink. He is not going to keep a starting spot in the NFL if he is not in tip top shape, so how about those of you who think you can't compile enough evidence to prove a guy is not giving 100% from social media to paint a semi accurate picture of how this dude is get a grip on reality. Go show me pictures and comments from any other OL or DL on this team that are half way as irresponsible as Moffitts over the last month and I'll shut up and apologize. This is playoff football time, not beer and ice cream sandwich time. I love Moffitt and I think he should have every op to start but at this rate and with what i have seen I can't blame Pete for dogging on Moffitt.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1sn7mhvk said:
Well I have no doubts Moffitt loves beer, from his comment in RRR to his twitter posts, I know he has a crappy eating habits and likes to drink. He is not going to keep a starting spot in the NFL if he is not in tip top shape, so how about those of you who think you can't compile enough evidence to prove a guy is not giving 100% from social media to paint a semi accurate picture of how this dude is get a grip on reality. Go show me pictures and comments from any other OL or DL on this team that are half way as irresponsible as Moffitts over the last month and I'll shut up and apologize. This is playoff football time, not beer and ice cream sandwich time. I love Moffitt and I think he should have every op to start but at this rate and with what i have seen I can't blame Pete for dogging on Moffitt.

Must admit, you're swaying me. And, I'm usually the first to defend ones lifestyle preferences.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There is no player on the Seahawks that would be more fun to party with than Moffitt. The guy is a total crack up, oozing fun personality.

As an OL? Hmmm. I do appreciate that he's the first to say (and he did on the Real Rob Report) that he doesn't know what on earth he's doing here. He's an every man's man fo sho...But like Sweezey, you want them to elevate their game to be worthy of the ridiculousness RW brings.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2rsv052l said:

He is an Olineman not a WR. have you ever been around OLineman on a regular basis? the Oline is a different kind of athlete than any other on a team. Many of them are trying to either keep weight on or add weight. The dietary/workout schedules for these guys is different than any other position on the field. They need the strenght and conditioning to play throughout the game but also need to have the beef on them. Eating/Drinking extra calories is actually part of the training regiment for them. Drinking or eating in excess before a game to where it impacts your performance is one thing but being a lover of beer and the diet that you need to keep the weight on is another. Just because he can joke about his drinking and diet does not mean he is not commited to the team. How often in the past couple weeks has anyone complained about Moffit's paly? I see more complaining about his RRR and twitter appearanceces than his play.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Folks, it's a proven fact that you can't be a good lineman and have a sense of humor. You also can't ever smile or be happy about anything. Geez, I thought this was common knowledge. Good insights, Wenhawk.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I think you guys are looking in the wrong direction when it comes to Moffitt being in the doghouse. I doubt he's in PC or JS's doghouse, but if someone is doggin on him it might be Tom Cable. Regardless, I think it's a legitimate possibility.

However, Moffitt CLEARLY outplayed Sweezy this season. While the offense seemed to thrive when Moffitt was in there, Sweezy failed to handle the blitz all season. We'll see how the offseason goes and which guy elevates his game to the next level, hopefully entrenching himself as starter, but Moffitt was the better player this season.

Hopefully someone steps up and pulls an Okung or an Unger and reaches their potential.

taz291819

Reaction score
Wiseguy":3bfpgx6s said:
He is an Olineman not a WR. have you ever been around OLineman on a regular basis? the Oline is a different kind of athlete than any other on a team. Many of them are trying to either keep weight on or add weight. The dietary/workout schedules for these guys is different than any other position on the field. They need the strenght and conditioning to play throughout the game but also need to have the beef on them. Eating/Drinking extra calories is actually part of the training regiment for them. Drinking or eating in excess before a game to where it impacts your performance is one thing but being a lover of beer and the diet that you need to keep the weight on is another. Just because he can joke about his drinking and diet does not mean he is not commited to the team. How often in the past couple weeks has anyone complained about Moffit's paly? I see more complaining about his RRR and twitter appearanceces than his play.

Exactly. There are plenty of videos that show what and how much lineman eat, it is not healthy by a normal person's standards.

NYCoug may be right, maybe Cable just doesn't like Moffitt. Maybe his personality rubs him the wrong way? I doubt that would be reason enough to bench a guy though.

And where did we hear that he's in the doghouse? I'm pretty sure someone on this board speculated that, and now it's spun into being a fact.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Vols, I don't really appreciate your samrt a$$ remarks, i'm just posting what I see and my opinion on this situation. The media does this stuff all the time with much less. Yes there is no facts liek Caroll comeing out and stating this is an issues, and I cannot prove anything, but there is many things you can question about this guy and when you have players like russell Wilson spending ever last moment improving himself there is more than enough evidence to questions Moffitt's offield actions. The guy is a goon and I agree that he would be hilarious to hang with, he is probably well liked as well. But if he is clowning around and not working to improve himself I just can't back him, I want players with 100% dedication. Again I don't have cold hard facts that he lacks work ethic or dedication, but there is way more to make a case that he does lack dedication than there is that he is a film junkie and is dedicated like many other are. It takes all kinds to make up great teams and Moffitt does contribute, but I will take a guy with less talent who busts his ass and is dedicted every time over a guy with more talent who wastes it because he doesn't give it his all.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Sweezy. He's got the whole off-season to work on his craft.

Carpenter tried to come back too early this season imo. He will be back starting at LG next year. That leaves McQuistan, Sweezy and Moffitt to battle it out for the RG position assuming no injuries.

Sounds good to me.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":25l59ado said:
Vols, I don't really appreciate your samrt a$$ remarks, i'm just posting what I see and my opinion on this situation. The media does this stuff all the time with much less. Yes there is no facts liek Caroll comeing out and stating this is an issues, and I cannot prove anything, but there is many things you can question about this guy and when you have players like russell Wilson spending ever last moment improving himself there is more than enough evidence to questions Moffitt's offield actions. The guy is a goon and I agree that he would be hilarious to hang with, he is probably well liked as well. But if he is clowning around and not working to improve himself I just can't back him, I want players with 100% dedication. Again I don't have cold hard facts that he lacks work ethic or dedication, but there is way more to make a case that he does lack dedication than there is that he is a film junkie and is dedicated like many other are. It takes all kinds to make up great teams and Moffitt does contribute, but I will take a guy with less talent who busts his ass and is dedicted every time over a guy with more talent who wastes it because he doesn't give it his all.

I don't care whether you appreciate them or not. I've made comments like that every single time I've seen someone decide they know what's going on in the mind or private life of a player based on one picture or a handful of appearances in an informal outlet like RRR. It's little more than character assassination based on your own opinion and nothing else.

You know who else was a prankster and spent a lot of time goofing around? Robbie Tobeck. And he still played fine for us. If you want to identify why Moffitt wasn't a 16-game starter for the Seahawks this year, you can probably find a lot of evidence other than "he likes to joke around." Maybe it was the aggressiveness Sweezy showed in his run blocking, which the team values. Maybe it was because he was injured to start the season and wasn't really 100% during stretches of the year. Hell, maybe it IS his work ethic. But you've got zero evidence of it.

pehawk

Reaction score
You know what Vols, I dont appreciate yor smarta$$ remarks either. It REALLY hurts sometimes. Really hurts. I'm glad Wen stood up to you, bully.

This is a dope thread, regardless if others believe wen's way offbase. Maybe he is way off, but he is making a few strong points.

I'll be monitoring this very closely.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I don't think the fact that Moffitt apparently enjoys celebrating Halloween should disqualify him from playing RG in the future.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":878w3jzj said:
You know what Vols, I dont appreciate yor smarta$$ remarks either. It REALLY hurts sometimes. Really hurts. I'm glad Wen stood up to you, bully.

This is a dope thread, regardless if others believe wen's way offbase. Maybe he is way off, but he is making a few strong points.

I'll be monitoring this very closely.

Bully!

teddy-roosevelt.jpg

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I see it as Carp at RG and Moffitt and Sweezey depth guys. Last year and this year I saw Carp blowing people up. He is not as good as a pass blocker but better than the other 2 and will get better.

pehawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":hprbk5g8 said:
I see it as Carp at RG and Moffitt and Sweezey depth guys. Last year and this year I saw Carp blowing people up. He is not as good as a pass blocker but better than the other 2 and will get better.

Here here....

Too many rip Carp because they see others do it. And, if you can critique offensive line play, well, you must "know your stuff" because its harder to evaluate than QB, RB, WR, etc. Most of the noise on Carpenter is people latching on to what others said to appear "smeart".

BASF

Reaction score
Maybe our new diva of a QB is backing his former NC State teammate over a guy he never played with at Wisconsin. </sarcasm>