Why No Throwback Helmets

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Watching the miserable Thursday night game between the Bears and the Cowboys and the former is wearing throwback helmets. Why doesn't our organization do this with our all whites or blue/white combo?

James in PA

Reaction score
I posted this question weeks ago when I heard about this new helmet that the Bears were wearing. One of my fellow 12’s responded that it was just a decal and face mask swap. The helmet itself is the same one they’ve been wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2c6w6b7d said:
So why can't we swap decals and facemasks?
I suppose we could, but what would be the point? If we can’t have the silver helmets, it’s never going to feel like a true throwback.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
James in PA":wm9jfa5w said:
falcongoggles":wm9jfa5w said:
I suppose we could, but what would be the point? If we can’t have the silver helmets, it’s never going to feel like a true throwback.

You can easily wrap the whole helmet and then add the decals over it. My fighter squadron wraps our helmet in a matte black base and then overlays yellow teeth up the sides with the F-16 decal on the back. They are durable and fully cover the grey standard helmet underneath.

James in PA

Reaction score
falcongoggles":279dbxmu said:
James in PA":279dbxmu said:
falcongoggles":279dbxmu said:

You can easily wrap the whole helmet and then add the decals over it. My fighter squadron wraps our helmet in a matte black base and then overlays yellow teeth up the sides with the F-16 decal on the back. They are durable and fully cover the grey standard helmet underneath.
I know that your point has been brought up before on one of the many uniform threads. It would be a way to get around the league’s strict helmet rule for sure. Has any team done this though? I.e. keep the same helmet and change the overall color (not just the decal)? Hey, I’d be all for the Hawks giving this a try.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
falcongoggles":2x4qr702 said:
James in PA":2x4qr702 said:
falcongoggles":2x4qr702 said:

Sure, the Air Force can do that. Look at the money they have to blow on that sort of thing. We're talking about the NFL and NFL franchises here. They have to watch every penny so they don't go broke!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Would it be so bad if we went with silver helmets for an entire year so we could do true throwbacks? Or even if we did an entire year of throwbacks in a year of paying tribute to our history?

I remember someone saying that wrapping the entire helmet wouldn't work for some reason. I don't remember exactly what it was but I remember someone explaining that. So if that's the case and we can't wrap the entire helmet for one reason or another I say why not just make them silver for a year? It would be fun imo.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The rules state decal only. Not the whole helmet. But we would have to get rid of the greys before we could bring back the throwback.

We also have to wait ten years for a uniform change. Has it been ten years?

We would also have to change to a silver helmet. Not sure how that would look with the blues that we voted for.

Maulbert

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2xrwd18x said:
The rules state decal only. Not the whole helmet. But we would have to get rid of the greys before we could bring back the throwback.

We also have to wait ten years for a uniform change. Has it been ten years?

We would also have to change to a silver helmet. Not sure how that would look with the blues that we voted for.

Only 5 years, not 10. The Jags abandoned that God-awful two-toned monstrosity last season after they had adopted it in 2013.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I say no to ever wearing the loser uniforms ever again. Let the bad teams in the bad uniforms stay in the past

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
OrangeGravy":10iycv0o said:
I say no to ever wearing the loser uniforms ever again. Let the bad teams in the bad uniforms stay in the past

Or, and hear me out here, we could erase the stigma of being "bad" during those mediocre years by playing in them and whipping everyone's ass.

Every other team in the league seems to be able to do throwbacks no problem at all, but somehow "rules" and "safety" and other stuff gets thrown around whenever the Seahawks are mentioned doing it.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
New Release Seahawks Helmet Tattoo Design 1

6148836590_2bd00a5e47_o.jpg

6200406563_e7b6f9c9ce_o.jpg

08bb8d61c98df317eba3  best uniforms football fever

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wnbjqpv said:
OrangeGravy":1wnbjqpv said:

Or, and hear me out here, we could erase the stigma of being "bad" during those mediocre years by playing in them and whipping everyone's ass.

Every other team in the league seems to be able to do throwbacks no problem at all, but somehow "rules" and "safety" and other stuff gets thrown around whenever the Seahawks are mentioned doing it.

That's simply not true for throwbacks that require a helmet color change. The Patriots haven't worn their awesome Pat Patriot throwbacks since the rule change. Same with the Bucs and creamsicle unis. See the link below. They haven't worn them since 2012. The rule was enacted in September 2013.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=TB

seahawksny

Reaction score
James in PA":2sd0wf15 said:
I posted this question weeks ago when I heard about this new helmet that the Bears were wearing. One of my fellow 12’s responded that it was just a decal and face mask swap. The helmet itself is the same one they’ve been wearing.

Doesn't Dallas wear the white throwback helmets every so often?

There's your answer. Rules apply to every team except the beloved cowgirls

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":2h9dr3lt said:
James in PA":2h9dr3lt said:

Doesn't Dallas wear the white throwback helmets every so often?

There's your answer. Rules apply to every team except the beloved cowgirls

Nope. Not since 2012.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=DAL

kobebryant

Reaction score
I associate the current look with a whole lot of winning, not so much for any of the retro looks.

Latest posts