Why is our offense not clicking?

seahawks08

Reaction score
I know it will be fine as we progress on, but just wanted to pen down some of what I was thinking

Sidney Rice is not 100 percent.
Penalties
Golden Tate trying too hard for contract year
RW not getting enough time, Line problems
Defense figuring us out
RW throws a little off (accuracy)
Play calling without taking consideration of the o-line health
Stephen Williams still recovering from concussion
Mike Rob being cut who was known for being a great leader
Zach Miller returning from Injury

and finally
NO Tanzania???

warden

Reaction score
Part of the reason our offense is struggling is they just played two defense that were top ten last year and have very good front sevens. Those defenses have been know to do that, that is how they are considered to be good defenses. Kind of like a good 49er offense struggled against our good defense. The other team makes plays too, the other team gets paid too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Probably bored with questions from fans who can't come to realize Wilson's 300 yard performance on the road or putting 27 offensive points against the second best D in the league.

Maybe give it a chance

Cartire

Reaction score
Well besides putting up 300 yards passing the first game, and scoring 29 points against SF the second week..... You know, and being 2-0.

Penalties are really the only issue. I expect that to get cleaned up.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Weren't Carolina and San Fran both powerhouse defenses last year? Don't defenses always start out better in the early weeks of the season? Didn't both teams have fearsome front 7's? Didn't Wilson put up over 300 yds passing the first game and didn't we rack up 29 points the second game?

The. Sky. Is. NOT. Falling.

lobohawk

Reaction score
With the offense dealing with two good front 7 defenses, the margin for error is a lot smaller. Missed blocks, penalties, missed passes, bad play call, etc. Normally they can make errors and move on, but not here. The offense has had enough of these added to the good plays by these defenses that you find them in poor down or field position. Rhythm, which is very important for the offense, has been off and makes their issues even more noticeable.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'd really like to see Kearse or Williams in Rice's spot, when they have been in, it seems to have opened up the whole offense.

Rice as is, needs to be 100 percent, I don't think he is.

Johnny

Reaction score
Week 1. vs the Panthers (top 10 defense last year and one of the better front 7's in the game)

Week 2. vs the 49ers (a very good defense that has been top five the past 2yrs)

What else has to be said?

Teqneek

Reaction score
Whats this stuff im hearing you guys say about Rice.. not 100 percent? The guy has some crazy knees.. always has.. Had the knees last year too, they didnt just develop. He went overseas for injections.. not surgery.. I think some people are making way to big an issue over this.. :mrgreen:

Sac

Reaction score
Our guards aren't very good, plain and simple. We give up way too much interior pressure.

Sharkahawkolic

Reaction score
I'm going to throw out an alternative theory, our defense. Our offense goes up against the most stifling defense this league has witnessed in years.....every freaking practice. Offense's are all about timing and it's difficult to get into any kind of rhythm when you are struggling every practice. I imagine our offensive prowess will pick up as the season progresses and we are able to get our timing down, much like last season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Why do some chime in to caution everyone to be patient? The OP only asked what the issues are, not whether or not they could be fixed. In fact, his first line after that is confidence it will get fixed.

Johnny

Reaction score
Teqneek":33xj8exb said:
Whats this stuff im hearing you guys say about Rice.. not 100 percent? The guy has some crazy knees.. always has.. Had the knees last year too, they didnt just develop. He went overseas for injections.. not surgery.. I think some people are making way to big an issue over this.. :mrgreen:

I think Rice's problems are not health related, but may just be mental errors. In the 49er game he dropped a couple passes that he should have had, and that stupid spinning the ball at the defender penalty was a mental error and had nothing to do with health.

Axx

Reaction score
Russell has been running for his life. I think he senses some pressure at all the times because he has been starting games slightly off target. He usually settles down alot in the 2nd half

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Penalties- seeding your foes offense with ~100 yards a game is just no bueno
Dropped balls- Not all are Wilson's fault. This cost us the game in SF1 last year. And it seems to be manifesting itself to some extent thus far. I think Pete should cup check the next guy to drop a ball and bench the one that coughs it up into a defenders hands! Its the pursuit of excellence after all.
Tanzania- Who makes a change like this in a championship year?
More Wolf Grey- A home game would be nice.
Bevell-This uber-conservative streak has to be spiced up. Its just not sexy!

warden

Reaction score
Sharkahawkolic":32pe2swu said:
I'm going to throw out an alternative theory, our defense. Our offense goes up against the most stifling defense this league has witnessed in years.....every freaking practice. Offense's are all about timing and it's difficult to get into any kind of rhythm when you are struggling every practice. I imagine our offensive prowess will pick up as the season progresses and we are able to get our timing down, much like last season.

I have been thinking about this theory for a few weeks now. I think it is a very sound theory. Holmgren used to force the defense to back off in practice while Pete pushes his defense to step it up and stop the offense in practice. A personally believe that Carroll's way in the long run will pay more dividends especially when it comes down to playing hard fought games on the road.