Why I think Harbaugh is a passing genius.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Chapow":33z8zkg3 said:
CandlestickBum":33z8zkg3 said:
Canuck49":33z8zkg3 said:
I've been saying all along that the Niners CAN fall behind in this game and still win. But they CAN'T fall behind by more than one score. Offensive balance is the key to the niners getting the W. Either team being forced to go one dimensional against defences of this calibre is a recipe for disaster.

In the NFC Championship game, the 49ers fell behind by three scores and San Francisco came back to win the conference and go to the Superbowl. The same thing happened in the Superbowl and San Francisco came within inches of winning the Lombardi trophy, against what was that year one of the better defenses in the NFL.

Neither of those 2 defenses were anywhere near as good as this Seahawks defense.

I think it would be difficult for either team to come back from a 2+ score deficit to win the game due to the quality of the defenses; however, I believe both teams are capable of such a feat. Seattle allowed the Buccaneers to score 24 points on them in the first half. Sure, it was an outlier, but if Tampa Bay can do it in the first half when the Seattle defense is fresh, San Francisco could do it in the second half when the defense is tired.

That being said, I think it will be a close game and if one team has a 10+ point lead going into the half, they have a really good chance of going to the superbowl.

Canuck49

Reaction score
I was at the Super Bowl last year. It was one of the single greatest experiences in my life. But also one of the most disappointing. If our defence had been healthy it would have been a different game. But, if if if. History is full of ifs.

You're right that either team has the talent to com back from a multi score deficit. But agains that's defence, in that stadium, it is going to be extremely hard for the niners. That's why he offence ends to be balanced and get six instead of three. I'm more confident if winning this game than I have been in a while. But, at best, it's a pick 'em.

Latest posts