Why I think Brandon Coleman should be a priority for Seattle

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Hawkwow: although I'm a seahawk since birth I can admittedly be pretty brash In my evaluations of our players at times so that along with being surrounded by sf potatoes its quite understandable. I have been pretty hard on some of that crew, but my appreciation is growing for those guys as its hard to deny what they have to offer in the roles that they play.

I agree continuity with wrs and rw will be nothing but beneficial, that same logic is why I'm not all that worried about that oline yet either, although I'd be lying to say it's not a concern, I'm just trying to be optimistic that they have the potential to pull it together and for whatever reason I haven't totally given up on Carpenter yet either.

If you were expecting a decent answer you'll be disappointed ha. No Island connection although I'm envious of your life lol. Basically I'm just a wannabe meathead tool :th2thumbs: And I'm horrible with names so I use brah In place of dude/man/buddy ect. I just dig the vibes it gives off in informal settings. Plus we are all seahawk brahs. That's the best I could do. :16:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":vaw5h7hm said:
Ran 4.5....draft him at 32.

Martavis Bryant ran a 4.34, why not draft him a 32?

I guess it is nice to see a guy that tall run 4.5, but I still dont think he is worth a pick at 32, or that we will even pick him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Fantastic 4.50 from Coleman.

Showed exactly what he had to show today.

He will be an option at #32.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I now think of Colema as an option at 32. He showed his knee is fine and ran a great 40 and showed good hands. No way KB or Evans fall far enough for us to even trade up I doubt. Man I wish we could have Evans! He is a star in the waiting but Coleman looks to have a lot of potential as well.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":qdfwjael said:
ImTheScientist":qdfwjael said:
Ran 4.5....draft him at 32.

Martavis Bryant ran a 4.34, why not draft him a 32?

I guess it is nice to see a guy that tall run 4.5, but I still dont think he is worth a pick at 32, or that we will even pick him.
More size .

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Coleman's official 40 is 4.56, Kelvin's was 4.61 and Evans was 4.53... I liked how Moncrief looked today, 4.40 official 40 from him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Why not just use Willson in the same capacity as Coleman while drafting a real TE that can both block and catch?

Willson knows our system, has chemistry with Wilson and is already on the roster. Of course I understand the nuances between TE and WR, but in this context (Coleman vs Willson), I don't see that as an issue. Willson is more receiver than TE, he's 30 lbs heavier yet runs faster and can also slide inside when called upon. 2 birds, 1 stone and without using a pick on yet another project.

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report: Luke Willson, TE, Rice

Rice Owls tight end Luke Willson is a height and speed prospect. He ran a very impressive 40-yard dash time (4.46) at his Pro Day. Strength and blocking are the weaknesses. Lots of upside as a vertical threat. Must add more lower body strength. Can't hold the edge or anchor.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":1pjnu7my said:
Why not just use Willson in the same capacity as Coleman while drafting a real TE that can both block and catch?

Willson knows our system, has chemistry with Wilson and is already on the roster. Of course I understand the nuances between TE and WR, but in this context (Coleman vs Willson), I don't see that as an issue. Willson is more receiver than TE, he's 30 lbs heavier yet runs faster and can also slide inside when called upon. 2 birds, 1 stone and without using a pick on yet another project.

Rice Owls tight end Luke Willson is a height and speed prospect. He ran a very impressive 40-yard dash time (4.46) at his Pro Day. Strength and blocking are the weaknesses. Lots of upside as a vertical threat. Must add more lower body strength. Can't hold the edge or anchor.

Why not have them both on the field.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":duntw3cp said:

The skill set for Joker WR and Split end are so immensely different. They aren't the same kind of player by any measure.

Willson is perfect where he is at. He's going to be a very good one.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2txg4pmn said:
HawkWow":2txg4pmn said:

Why not have them both on the field.

That wouldn't do anything to improve our situation at TE. I'm a huge Miller fan but even if we restructure his contract, he will still be costly and we will still be light at TE...especially when considering the help required by our O line. Miller is a tough dude, but he has had injuries and he's not getting any younger. If he goes down, I think we are in trouble.

Bowie at TE? Big body that can block, but that's all he's going to do.

That and I am of the camp that believes Willson isn't being used properly when asked to stay inline. In fact, I think he's something of a liability in that role and the same goes for McCoy. Willson is a freak athlete and injury in his final year (IIRC) thankfully dropped his stock. His coach called him a "go to guy". He said "whenever we needed a play, we knew we could count on Willson to get it".

If I were Pete, I'd be converting Willson to WR. I doubt even now his route running is any worse than Coleman's. Draft ASJ and have him shadow Miller's every move over the next year. ASJ is a more than capable blocker now, and with MUCH better coaching, he has the potential to become the most complete TE in the league (IMO). Yes, I'm a homer, but that's not homerism talking. ASJ is a certified freak and guys like him don't come around that often.

I'm seeing this...the blazing fast and huge Willson on the outside, Harvin in the slot and ASJ releasing from the line. Harvin draws the double team and Willson and ASJ have man. How many defenders can handle the 6'6", huge bodied, athletic ASJ and Willson one on one? Both guys high point the ball and can go up to get it. 10'? Not a problem. Just throw it up there, RW. This will be a torturous couple of months for me.

Attyla: I wouldn't call Willson "perfect" as a TE. Far from it. What's funny to me is I see Coleman running more like a light TE and Willson running more like a huge WR. The differences in their games is more perception than reality, IMO. We've seen very little of Willson in the role I am suggesting and all reports suggest he's a great student, very coachable. If we have the choice between ASJ and Coleman at our pick, I think we'd be absolutely nuts to choose the somewhat ordinary Coleman (aside from his length) over the extraordinary ASJ. I respect your opinion, but I just don't see that happening at all.

General Manager

Reaction score
He has the measurable but so do a lot of other WR's in this draft and they all had better college production than Coleman.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
General Manager":1uik5kty said:
He has the measurable but so do a lot of other WR's in this draft and they all had better college production than Coleman.

None of them had the QB that he did. His QB was a joke.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":5hqcermc said:

Production in college =/= production in the Pro's.

This is where you need to learn to project.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
According to reports, Seahawks have met with Coleman, Mike Evans and Jordan Matthews, as well as TE Grimble... so there's a theme here.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
TheWebHead":38o7blfd said:
According to reports, Seahawks have met with Coleman, Mike Evans and Jordan Matthews, as well as TE Grimble... so there's a theme here.

This means they will draft O-line in the first round. :sarcasm_off:

Latest posts