Why Do We Care How Dominate We Are?

652cHAWK

Reaction score
drdiags":2vl1ynqk said:
I don't expect domination, except maybe the Jaguars.....

On that note, I would imagine there are plenty of irate/worried 6-0 Bronco fans this am.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
For me personally, it was the sloppiness of our team's play yesterday that was the source of all my angst during the first half.

Thank goodness there was another half of football to be played.

And yes, to a degree, I care about how dominate we are but a win is a win is a win... and HFA is in the balance.

At the end of the year no one cares about how many points we beat each team. I know that I won't.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
djb28":19dn3m0m said:
I am just happy we find ways to win. Ways to win the close game. Ways to bounce back from the bad games. Isn't that all we ever wanted? Now that we got it, It doesn't seem to be enough.

Exactly. I'm enjoying the ride. The NFL season is a crazy rollercoaster and we're on the front cart this year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We almost lost to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Source of angst identified.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1pro7wa7 said:
We almost lost to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The defense gave up 6 points, so I don't understand that statement at all.

The thing that concerns me is I don't see Wilson trusting his receivers right now. Up on my loft perch in section 335, I saw guys downfield who looked open to my lay-person eyes. Especially, it just doesn't seem like RW wants to throw to Sidney Rice. Almost like there's a problem there.

Getting some o-linemen back will be huge, and I think Percy Harvin gives this offense the extra dimension it needs, but for right now, our passing game is not playing well enough to win games in January.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick had one of his usual games yesterday. He's a smart dude, makes good decisions, and is an average passer until he gets out of whack. Then he just gets stupid. The defensive focus on stopping the running game worked and gave Fitzpatrick some room to play. He still threw two picks, had a terrible average, and screwed up when it mattered.

The Titans are reasonably solid and stayed in the game on turnovers and a bizarre special teams disaster.

Also, the Seahawks won the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I knew as soon as I was leaving the stadium yesterday that I'd be hearing a bunch of whining on the radio etc. about how the Hawks didn't win by 4 touchdowns, so it's a bad win. blah blah blah
They are 5-1 with a patchwork O-Line and a ton of injuries, incredible.

strohmin

Reaction score
We are capable of playing better. Sidney didn't have to put the ball behind him and maragos didn't have to try to throw the ball away giving up easy fumbles.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, 5-1 and haven't played near the level they will get to. I'm having a hard time seeing why 5-1 isn't a great thing at this point.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dominant.

It doesn't bother me that we 'care'.

It bothers me that it takes the enjoyment out of having an incredible team.

Great teams win in every conceivable way. We have yet to blow the doors off of any team that matters.

But we will.

I saw lots of people hating on our players and coaches in the Gameday forum due toteir own silly expectations.

Didn't seem like they were enjoying an entertaining victory.

That's too bad.

5-1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, the Hawks are 5-1, in first place, and tied for the #1 seed in the NFC. Enjoy the fricken ride, ups and downs included.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I posted something similar in the Shack, but it comes down to the lack of perspective. People have already lost sight of 2012.

Namely, no one remembers a 4-4 team going on a 7-1 streak in the second half. No one remembers how sloppy and poor Seattle could
be in the first half of the season. People also think that Week 6 means anything when it comes to how the team is going to do in the playoffs. Ironically, people also accept that we're going to be in the playoffs, but they can't enjoy it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Several of us warned of the Titan defense during the week. I am not surprised although I picked us to score more points, which was dumb knowing their defense is good.

It seems that our schedule is ripe with good opposing defenses, and I expect most games to be close and ugly this year.

I also posted last week about the team allowing a blocked FG for a score and was shown the door with people saying "we have the best ST in the league".....Well for the 2nd week in a row I see the other team scoring on a FG attempt.

sutz

Reaction score
I think fans are trying to make up for 37 years of frustration in one season. ;)

drdiags

Reaction score
The fans also want to justify those tickets to New Jersey in February that they reserved. Worse thing that could have happened to the fanbase was the Super-hot hype coming off the encouraging finish to last season. The beauty of the NFL is that the season never plays out the way you expect it. Sure, the teams that are consistently good continue to be that way, but there are always teams that get it together.

The Seahawks were an organization coming off 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 7-9 and finally an 11-5 season. We as fans have seen the work PC/JS have put in to make this team respectable and being judged the leading contender in the NFC to make the Superbowl has folks in a frenzy. But things still have to be earned on the field and no amount of talk will change that. There have been many Superbowl worthy teams that didn't make it to the game.

The Seahawks just need to keep grinding, lick their wounds from any future losses and get themselves right. The rest will take care of itself.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Outside of Seattle the Hawks are a disrespected team. We are very passionate and confident that our team is a good team, and in this season a superbowl contender. When you're team is eeking out wins on the road, eeking out wins at home (where supposedly you have an unfair advantage of the 12th man) all it does is fuel the critics and non-believers. And as passionate Hawk fans we really just want to shut them all up. I hope we win out at home. I'm willing to take a close loss at home to the Saints IF it means we get to stomp the Falcons AND the (especially) the Niners at their Homes. Of course I'd prefer we just win/stomp all three.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I enjoy ending the game driving against the other team, whether they need an FG or TD or more, I don't care--I like watching us end the game in the victory formation. It means the other team isn't even getting a shot. So far we've seen that three times this season at least. That's what I enjoy, and as long as that is happening, I will be satisfied.

So many good points on here about peoples' perspectives and expectations. I totally want to blow teams out because it means I can stand to watch the national football news the week leading up to the next game. After losing to Indy, I didn't watch a single football related article until Sunday. The 'highlights' and commentary they show doesn't paint the picture of what the actual game was like and it drives me bonkers.

That said, a win is a win, and I don't take a single one of them for granted. We lost to ALL THREE division rivals last year. We still have an opportunity to win out in the division, and at this point, that is the most important thing to me. Let's do it!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
There is also, at least on my part (but I suspect on the parts of many others), almost a palpable desperation for the Seahawks to win it all this year. Not fair because the playoffs are a crapshoot in many ways and sometimes the best team doesn't win it all, just the hottest team, but I wasn't alive to see the only parade down Fourth that this city has ever had. I want to see that parade. I want to attend that parade. I want to lose my voice screaming at that parade.

2008 didn't help with this desperation, either. This is a great city and region, and what happened to us that year really escalated the desire for a championship around here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":34kdsm1o said:
2008 didn't help with this desperation, either. This is a great city and region, and what happened to us that year really escalated the desire for a championship around here.
I had thought 2008 was unremarkable from a Seattle sports perspective. Is this a Storm/Sounders thing? Are you talking about the Sonics leaving?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I don't mind close games but dumb turnovers and plays like Tate dropping simple slant passes are the things that could be this teams undoing in the playoffs.

5-1 is good but I know teams have to play better on offense to get it done in the post season. That's all, not complaining or throwing this team under the bus. In fact, our running game has been elite with Lynch and Russell, and the Dline pressure has been very consistent so far but the offense seems to be having trouble finding rhythm, so plenty of valid reasons for people to be concerned about this team. (Although, Okung, Miller, Breno, and Harvin might take care of this issue)