Why didn't Wilson play last night??

Sign37now

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere and couldn't find the reason and I didn't hear the announcers say why..??

sutz

Reaction score
Because Pete Carroll told him not to.

Nothing weird going on, many teams are restricting the amount of game time veterans play in pre-season. Besides, Pete and Schotty wanted to get a good long look at the backup QB candidates in camp.

No injury involved, just a coaching decision.

Late add: This was discussed in the pre-game shows pretty extensively. Wilson may not play the 18th in Minnie, and I'd expect the backups to both play, but in reversed order.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but maybe it was because Carroll felt that Wilson isn't ready for the NFL. I think the plan is to have him ride the bench this year and learn from Lynch, and maybe in the near future, he can start.

But again, I could be wrong. :S

Fade

Reaction score
A couple of reasons.

In the 1st pre-season game it is now SOP around the league to not play your established QB in the first game, and also any starter or key reserve that has a hangnail as well for that matter.

Injuries are the #1 thing that they are trying to avoid.

Flacco for example didn't play in the first game, and only played 1 series in the 2nd game, and he is on a new team.

The other reason as mentioned is they are trying to get an evaluation on who the backup is going to be.

Geno got to start a game with the 1st unit, and didn't look good. His injury is probably going to cost him the gig, unless Paxton is an utter knucklehead in the meetings and the locker room. Paxton is the more physically talented player.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I think Jermaine Kearse's injury should explain why you don't want your #1 QB involved in a meaningless 1st drive of the preseason.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
sutz":2paafolm said:
Late add: This was discussed in the pre-game shows pretty extensively. Wilson may not play the 18th in Minnie, and I'd expect the backups to both play, but in reversed order.

I believe Smith is having a cyst removed or something. If Wilson doesnt play that means we have 1 qb.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":tz4bgiwa said:
acer1240":tz4bgiwa said:
Injury protection.

Or not black enough.

Wtf... please ban for racism ASAP

It's not racist, just not funny. It's a call back to a trope that was cast on Wilson in his early years. For some reason some posters still use it in an attempt to be funny now.

xray

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":t1k30un1 said:
Uncle Si":t1k30un1 said:
therealjohncarlson":t1k30un1 said:
acer1240":t1k30un1 said:
Injury protection.

Or not black enough.

It's not racist, just not funny. It's a call back to a trope that was cast on Wilson in his early years. For some reason some posters still use it in an attempt to be funny now.
Racist.

The " racist card " has been overplayed so much that it now resembles childlike name calling . This is Seahawks forum .

TreeRon

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":12ij65zy said:
acer1240":12ij65zy said:
Injury protection.

Or not black enough.

Not racism. The poster is actually making fun of the rumor of racism from Wilson's fellow players. (IMO)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1rvpq1ll said:
Uncle Si":1rvpq1ll said:
therealjohncarlson":1rvpq1ll said:
acer1240":1rvpq1ll said:
Injury protection.

Or not black enough.

Racist.

Don't tell anyone

RiverDog

Reaction score
There were a lot of starting QB's that didn't play in their first preseason game. Even Nick Foles, who is playing for a new team (Jacksonville), didn't play in his first opportunity.

It is unusual for Russell, though, as it was the first preseason game of his career that he didn't play in.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Plus a big let-down for fans at the game. Russell Wilson is of course the biggest draw for the team.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Palmegranite":3ogivjm4 said:
Plus a big let-down for fans at the game. Russell Wilson is of course the biggest draw for the team.

Only for those fans that are uninformed as to the purpose of preseason games.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would expect Lynch to get quality snaps with first team players next game to balance his evaluation, as far a cyst it depends how deep and big, Smith probably just needs time for surface stiches to close up and not tear from movement if it is in a location with a lot of flexation. Have had a lot of them moved also, only one that took time to come back from was on my wrist where it was deeper and it was a couple weeks.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks are protecting the most expensive QB in the universe ; at least for now. I don't want to see his uniform get dirty before Sept. IMO

OP
OP
Sign37now

Sign37now

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. was just scared there was an injury I was unaware of..

Latest posts