Why did we pass on Carter?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Luke Joeckel
aldon smith, Robert nkimdiche (sp)
Awesome! Thanks guys! I'd forgotten about Aldon Smith already, and I'll see your Luke Joeckel and raise you a Robert Gallery! I never even noticed Nkimdiche and thus didn't realize he was a high draft pick. We did get one huge game out of Clowney vs SF, and a few sacks out of Dion Jordan, IIRC Jordan had drug issues and/or his body (knee) failed him.

Father Flanagan Pete did have a success story with Bruce Irvin, but it wasn't an NFL scrap heap rehab project, so doesn't really qualify for this list. We could even count Brandon Browner's second tour with the Seahawks as an attempted scrap heap reclamation, but he was a UDFA, not a high draft pick.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Let's see... Dion Jordan, Jadaveon Clowney, what other high draft pick "redemption comebacks" has Pete undertaken?
Overall picks 2,3,5,6,11,13 of the 2013 draft. Am I missing any? Even if not, it’s still crazy how that worked out.

Edit: I was only focusing on the first round, but GENO, Eddie Lacy, Marquise Goodwin (& perhaps others) have been brought in from later rounds.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Overall picks 2,3,5,6,11,13 of the 2013 draft. Am I missing any? Even if not, it’s still crazy how that worked out.

Edit: I was only focusing on the first round, but GENO, Eddie Lacy, Marquise Goodwin (& perhaps others) have been brought in from later rounds.

I was just looking that up and noticing, and WOW, so many high picks in the 2013 draft that Pete and John wound up seeing down the road!
Don't forget RB Christine Michael, #62 in the second round, essentially a reclamation project from Day 1! Just cuz he didn't go to another team first, so what?

Fascinating trivia: Hawks took Christine Michael at #62, one pick ahead of #63, Travis Kelce! Imagine that, Kelce on the Seahawks! OK, so Hawks would have underutilized him as a mostly blocking TE...