Who should be Washington's new coach?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Another 3-game losing streak, a defense that's regressing by the week, a complete inability to develop players, a stated lack of interest in discipline, it's becoming obvious that Sark is not going to get Washington over the hump and back into contention for Pac 12 titles (National titles are a pipe dream). When Washington finishes yet another season with 7 wins and a Vegas Bowl appearance Sark will be relieved of his duties and the search for his replacement will begin. Who do you want UW to look at to replace him?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just curious, as a Husky fan, would you want to stay with the uptempo spread offense? Or would you rather see them get back to the traditional Husky identity of playing pro style power run and throw the ball down the field football?

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":135io0x0 said:
Just curious, as a Husky fan, would you want to stay with the uptempo spread offense? Or would you rather see them get back to the traditional Husky identity of playing pro style power run and throw the ball down the field football?
Personally, I like the pro-style offense. But it doesn't matter what type of offense the new coach runs as long as he's able to recruit and develop offensive linemen to play it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
you guys ridiculed me for saying this last week and then I see this thread a week later. I would get angry at u guys for this but I'm happy this fanbase is finally off sark's balls. Welcome.
The answer is Jim Mora

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
davidonmi":1o2e3jgu said:
you guys ridiculed me for saying this last week and then I see this thread a week later. I would get angry at u guys for this but I'm happy this fanbase is finally off sark's balls. Welcome.
The answer is Jim Mora
Why would Mora leave UCLA for Washington?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":146nozey said:
The answer is Jim Mora

I think you're too late. Probably could have had Mora last time. Now he would be insane to leave UCLA. With all the true freshman talent that he has down there that could be a national championship team in a few years.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1stqga2p said:
davidonmi":1stqga2p said:
The answer is Jim Mora
Why would Mora leave UCLA for Washington?
it's probably a pipe dream at this point cause I'm still angry over not hiring him in 07 and 08

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd take a look at Charlie Strong from Louisville or James Franklin from Vanderbilt. Maybe Art Briles from Baylor, but he's an old timer and I don't see him leaving. Gary Patterson from TCU or Chris Peterson would be good options.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ef6mnd0 said:
pro style power run and throw the ball down the field football?

This^ was our identity and our tradition. We've always had the great O-lines, TEs and RBs. But now, we have no (desirable) identity and what was once tradition, like the purple and gold, has been kicked to the curb.

Reminded of the old Talking heads line "changed my hairstyle so many times now, I don't know what I look like".

This is ain't no party and this ain't Husky football.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I would take a look at our current DC. He has experience in college with Florida, and he is a hell of a DC.

That or Condalisa Rice, she's an expert on the game, so you can't really go wrong.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CPHawk":i5z0w6vu said:
I would take a look at our current DC. He has experience in college with Florida, and he is a hell of a DC.
A "hell of a DC" doesn't field a defense that gives up 500+ yards and 50 points in back-to-back games. He's good, but I think a lot of Husky fans have overrated Wilcox.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2wf2s0ft said:
CPHawk":2wf2s0ft said:
A "hell of a DC" doesn't field a defense that gives up 500+ yards and 50 points in back-to-back games. He's good, but I think a lot of Husky fans have overrated Wilcox.

Our as in Seahawks, not doogs. Wilcox was never UF DC.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CPHawk":24rwttq8 said:
SeatownJay":24rwttq8 said:
CPHawk":24rwttq8 said:

Our as in Seahawks, not doogs. Wilcox was never UF DC.
Oh, my bad. :)

CPHawk

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I was trying to provide real input here lol. Mora would be a great hire, but I don't think he leaves UCLA except for another NFL job.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am on the Sark needs to go bandwagon now.

He's great at taking a poor team and making them mediocre and that is what he's done for Washington. Expecting better than mediocre with Sark is a pipe dream.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well regardless of who the Huskies need to get back to evaluation and recruiting and SIGNING lineman, you prove you can stop an offense up front and dictate what and where you want to go on offense and skill position players will come, also you don't need a 4 star player to make a bad offensive line look adequete then either. No gimmicks, no slight of hand, just blow them up and let a back run and protect the QB. We have been missing that element since New Weasel was here, it has also been why we have stayed at best middle of the pack.

Also find Jim Lambright, get his recommendation on a Line coach, he was good with the Huskies and the Seahawks.

davidonmi

Reaction score
chris98251":168vnbl9 said:
Well regardless of who the Huskies need to get back to evaluation and recruiting and SIGNING lineman, you prove you can stop an offense up front and dictate what and where you want to go on offense and skill position players will come, also you don't need a 4 star player to make a bad offensive line look adequete then either. No gimmicks, no slight of hand, just blow them up and let a back run and protect the QB. We have been missing that element since New Weasel was here, it has also been why we have stayed at best middle of the pack.

Also find Jim Lambright, get his recommendation on a Line coach, he was good with the Huskies and the Seahawks.
the Oline recruiting has been a joke, and the "sark is a great recruiter" crowd points to a bunch of 4 star WR's and QB's and forgets he's leaving out the thing that made husky football so great. Dline recruiting has been better but not by much

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't think the last two games should overshadow how good Wilcox has been with the Huskies' D. Unless the Huskies continue to flop on D this year, I think Wilcox would be a great hire, would project a sense of stability about the program even in the wake of a coaching transition, and minimize recruiting fallout. Plus he, in his own right, is supposed to be a great recruiter. Yeah, the last two weeks tarnish it a bit, but I don't expect the D's 'regression' (as in, two-week slide, one of which was against the freaking Ducks) to continue. If it does, I'll change my tune, but if the D returns to form as I expect, I like him as a hire. He'll get a job somewhere, why not here?

Mora's a pipe dream. In retrospect, it would be phenomenal to have him at UW, but I doubt it happens. He has often said the UW job is his dream job, and he obviously has roots here, so the only chance we have is if he still wants to be in this area. Otherwise he has a very cush gig, and I don't see him leaving.

Maybe Sark turns it around, winds up at 9-3 and an Alamo or Holiday Bowl win for 10-3 and I forgive him. But right now, I'm with Tech. These 3-game slides and pathetic showings on the road won't cut it anymore. I excused them for several years amidst an overall improvement in the talent of the roster and given the return from 0-12, but it's time for this team to move beyond this.