Who is our next QB? 70 million would be useless with no QB?!

Tokadub

Reaction score
Who is our QB?

What in our infinite knowledge of Pete Carroll and John Schneider... who have they invoked to rise from the ashes and we MAGICALLY summon a QB?

If we don't have a QB we could spend $75 million of cap space on the best players available for EVERY other position and still have a losing record...

Someone explain to me who is our next QB???

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, something is brewing. Lock isn't gonna' be the starter in Seattle. Yes, it's just an opinion, but I doubt I'm the only one who thinks he will be traded.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m thinking they’ll go “low” salary wise. If Watson is cleared and traded, he’s going to cost around the same as Russ (I think…haven’t verified). Higher ceiling than Russ imo. Younger…

But, we’ve traversed down the path of having a high paid QB and there was non-stop moaning about it. To be fair, I believe PC shares the same sentiment.

I think he’ll aim for a rookie…diamond in the rough type kid…I just hope he’s patient enough to wait a year or two. You’re not competing against the Rams and Niners for at least the next two years. Where’s the harm in being patient?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have no idea, but I can tell you this.

It's HIGHLY unlikely John and Pete just traded the most successful QB in franchise history without already having targeted their next QB, and his name isn't Drew Lock.

My hope? Give Baltimore a 2nd and a 3rd for Tyler Hundley. Dude's perfect for how Pete wants to run his offense. Big, athletic, strong accurate arm, and a baller.

Go get him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Good god.

If Huntley is the best option for our future we are screwed.

You know he sucks, right?

And our QB has to be good enough to offset Carroll's horrific gameday decisioning. The list of QBs that can do that is very very short.

It has to be Watson.

Elemas

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ot2sa03 said:
I have no idea, but I can tell you this.

It's HIGHLY unlikely John and Pete just traded the most successful QB in franchise history without already having targeted their next QB, and his name isn't Drew Lock.

My hope? Give Baltimore a 2nd and a 3rd for Tyler Hundley. Dude's perfect for how Pete wants to run his offense. Big, athletic, strong accurate arm, and a baller.

Go get him.

If we nab him for just a 3rd, I’m digging it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1d1ohrqi said:
Good god.

If Huntley is the best option for our future we are screwed.

You know he sucks, right?

And our QB has to be good enough to offset Carroll's horrific gameday decisioning. The list of QBs that can do that is very very short.

It has to be Watson.

You must not have watched any Raven games last year. Dude had 1,000 yards and looked every bit the part of a NFL starting QB.

Sure he still needs some development, but he has all the tools.

Watson? Really? You giving up all the picks we just got and then some for the Watson bidding war once he's reinstated?

Then what, zero draft capital to rebuild the rest of the roster.

James in PA

Reaction score
Watson might be the plan, but Philly or Washington could be competing for his services too. Or maybe we roll the dice with a cheap rook like Willis, Pickett, or Strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
From a football only standpoint, if you can't get excited about having Watson, you just don't want to see the team win.
He is one of the best QB's in the league. And very young, with fresh legs and a chip on the shoulder.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Watched plenty of Ravens games last year, because if you love defense - they are a fun team to watch.

I also love John H as a coach.

Whenever I saw him, Huntley made a lot of bone-headed decisions and bad throws. I could be misremembering, but I saw him miss some throws where the target was running free uncovered.

He might be OK for a stopgap, he isn't going to be good enough to overcome Carroll's simplistic game plans.

Not even sure we would be a wildcard with him.

justafan

Reaction score
I'm really not worried about a QB until the D gets turned around. Build the team and hope you find the right guy when they are ready to win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":214suzk4 said:
Watched plenty of Ravens games last year, because if you love defense - they are a fun team to watch.

I also love John H as a coach.

Whenever I saw him, Huntley made a lot of bone-headed decisions and bad throws. I could be misremembering, but I saw him miss some throws where the target was running free uncovered.

He might be OK for a stopgap, he isn't going to be good enough to overcome Carroll's simplistic game plans.

Not even sure we would be a wildcard with him.

We're rebuilding, that much is obvious.

So if you're expecting playoffs next year, you're going to be sadly disappointed. This is a full tear down, it'll take a good 2-3 years, and IMO Hundley is a QB with a lot of tools and promise to build around, and most importantly a QB you don't have to give up all the picks you just got for him so the rebuild doesn't take even longer.

Watson on a bad team is Watson on a bad team.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Not that he's the master authority or anything, but Ian Furness on Q13 makes some sense by predicting the Hawks may have fallen in love with an under the radar QB at the combine. Could be; there is precedent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As long as said QB is in the 2nd round. NO taking a QB at #9 :pukeface:

They need a stud LT, CB or DE. WAY bigger need at #9, at least in a draft that is lacking heavily on good QB's.
Remember, this is the first time they have had a top 10 pick in over a decade. Really hoping they don't trade down. Get that Tackle position locked up.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Drew Lock isn't our QB of the future but he could compete with Geno and a rookie to be the tank commander this season.

Pete may not want to lose games but we're now missing over $50 million in cap room this year between the dead money and the void years. We're also going to have a lot of young players that need to get experience in NFL games and make mistakes along the way. This is our opportunity to get our books in great shape going forward and it would be a mistake to mortgage a bright future in order to boost the team by a couple of relatively meaningless wins this season.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
With Rodgers signed for 4 years....Jordan Love?

lukerguy

Reaction score
My picks in order based upon value to acquire:

D. Watson
M.Corral
G.Minshew
T. Huntley
M.Mariota

Latest posts