Who do we open up with next year?

Subzero717

Reaction score
My vote is for Cowboys. Fairly easy opponent. Plus SF and GB are easy to be Sunday/Monday night games.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":125ctgx0 said:
I doubt it will be San Fran. The Niners open a new stadium next year so they'll be lobbying the NFL hard for a home game week 1.
Yeah, I have to agree that the 49rs and their fans, would much rather not have to come out of the gate ducking, bobbing, and weaving.
The 49rs were fortunate that they didn't have to face the same team that demolished the Broncos, HOWEVER, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Seahawks play their first game at another stadium when their new digs had just opened up?,
The 9rs won't be quite so lucky their next matchup with the Seahawks, because Percy Harvin was absent in THEIR so called "Super Bowl Game" in their NFCCG matchup with the Seahawks.
To start things off this Year though, I think Goody will give the Whiners their wish, and let them skate free for their Grand Opening. :49ersmall:

nategreat

Reaction score
Aros":djk1a5lq said:
It's most likely Denver @ Seattle. The NFL likes to have the two teams from the prior SB start the new season off in a rematch.

Nah, it's never both teams. Looking back at least the last 5 or 6 years, it's always been the Superbowl winner vs. a rival team of some sort, but never both previous Superbowl teams. Therefore, it's gotta be San Fran. Or I could even see Arizona. Either way, should make for a great opening night!

Baba Ganoush

Reaction score
scutterhawk":hcg20vj4 said:
SeatownJay":hcg20vj4 said:
I doubt it will be San Fran. The Niners open a new stadium next year so they'll be lobbying the NFL hard for a home game week 1.
Yeah, I have to agree that the 49rs and their fans, would much rather not have to come out of the gate ducking, bobbing, and weaving.
The 49rs were fortunate that they didn't have to face the same team that demolished the Broncos, HOWEVER, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Seahawks play their first game at another stadium when their new digs had just opened up?,
The 9rs won't be quite so lucky their next matchup with the Seahawks, because Percy Harvin was absent in THEIR so called "Super Bowl Game" in their NFCCG matchup with the Seahawks.
To start things off this Year though, I think Goody will give the Whiners their wish, and let them skate free for their Grand Opening. :49ersmall:

Thats funny, I could have sworn we played the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle for the NFC Championship. I do believe that the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl. Why don't you enjoy that versus complaining the Niners got lucky in their LOSS in what was the toughest game of the year.

warden

Reaction score
Two years ago we played the 49ers at home in December, last year we played the 49ers on the road in December, this year we should be seeing the 49ers at home late in thee season when the division title is on the line

I want it to be the Broncos, they need to be seeing us raising the Superbowl banner in our stadium

Anthony!

Reaction score
coolrde":2kdv3j9i said:
As Super Bowl Champions, we should be playing in the big National opening kickoff game on Thursday night. Who do we open up with that night at home? 49ers, Broncos, Packers or Cowboys would be my guess. Most likely a SB rematch against the Broncos is my guess.

I think it will depend If we are at home or on the rode. At home AZ since they beat us, on the rode SF.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":8emknq7b said:
It's most likely Denver @ Seattle. The NFL likes to have the two teams from the prior SB start the new season off in a rematch.

It's actually never been an out of conference match-up.

Denver-Seattle will be a night game for sure.. but it wont be the opener. I could see Denver being in play to open up the SNF schedule since they will play San Fran, Indy and New England in 2014.

We're opening against Green Bay or Dallas in all likelihood. I'd say the Packers bring the most pop for a "non 49ers rematch" game.. considering Rodgers will be healthy, Fail Mary rematch, etc etc.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anthony!":1c7iw28j said:
coolrde":1c7iw28j said:
As Super Bowl Champions, we should be playing in the big National opening kickoff game on Thursday night. Who do we open up with that night at home? 49ers, Broncos, Packers or Cowboys would be my guess. Most likely a SB rematch against the Broncos is my guess.

I think it will depend If we are at home or on the rode. At home AZ since they beat us, on the rode SF.

The game is at home. That's a lock.

And there's no way NBC puts Arizona in their season opener. They don't have National Buzz yet.. Especially compared to Green Bay, Dallas, San Fran, the Giants, or Denver.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3i510e6o said:
It will be Green Bay. If not it would be Dallas.
I wouldn't mind opening vs the pattiecake cowpokes! Game might be over in the first quarter with that cowpattie defense (or lack there of).

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Didn't Green Bay open up on the road at San Fran last year? Do they take that into account at all? I would be pissed if I was a Packer fan opening up on the road to two of the best teams two years in a row.

kearly

Reaction score
My preference would be a road game that would likely be a 10am start otherwise. Philly and Carolina would be good candidates.

But really, anything other than at SF would be fine with me. I'm sick of getting the 49ers road game on a short week and just barely losing.

rsm650

Reaction score
So SF has a new stadium, GB and Philly opened on the road last year, we played Carolina first last year, and Denver isn't going to be a good matchup to the NFL's taste...I'm going to go with Dallas. Perhaps a small chance for Arizona, yes they aren't a big market team like us, but they were the first team to beat Seattle at home in long time, and I think Arizona has a better chance of not being a blowout game as opposed to Dallas (can't believe 58-0 is a distant memory for me!).

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think it's going to be GB, which would be my preference. Don't want to open up with an interconference game, and I want to wait on SF.
It would also be a great storyline

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":3ilc4bo9 said:
My preference would be a road game that would likely be a 10am start otherwise. Philly and Carolina would be good candidates.

Doesn't the SB champ always get a big rematch home game in week 1?

I remember there was a big deal about the Ravens having to go on the road to Denver last year to open because the Orioles didn't want to move their playoff game or something.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
davidonmi":1ssy1r8l said:
I think it's going to be GB, which would be my preference. Don't want to open up with an interconference game, and I want to wait on SF.

I'm also hoping it's the Packers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":21wmi3qj said:
davidonmi":21wmi3qj said:

I'm also hoping it's the Packers.

I'm hoping to destroy the Broncos on National TV again.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
This year will be the first year since the league realigned and went to a relatively standardized schedule that the previous season's SB participants are scheduled to play each other. The last time the SB participants played each other the following regular season was in 1997, when the champion Packers went on the road to play the Patriots in Week 9.

So we really have no idea how this is going to shake out regarding the Broncos going to Seattle.

Latest posts