Who do we open up with next year?

coolrde

Reaction score
As Super Bowl Champions, we should be playing in the big National opening kickoff game on Thursday night. Who do we open up with that night at home? 49ers, Broncos, Packers or Cowboys would be my guess. Most likely a SB rematch against the Broncos is my guess.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's most likely Denver @ Seattle. The NFL likes to have the two teams from the prior SB start the new season off in a rematch.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's gonna be the whiners. It's the better game. Blowing Denver out by 30+ points isn't Rog's idea of a "good game".

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I don't think there has been an interconference kickoff game since they started doing it with the defending SB Champ in 2004 (?), but sounds like it's a strong possibility:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... nfl-season

If it happens, I read that it would be the first time since 1970 that there was a Week 1 SB Rematch. Wow!

Also think the Packers would be a solid choice.

OP
OP
C

coolrde

Reaction score
I wonder if NBC would worry about late ratings for a DEN/SEA rematch. We beat them by 35 on a neutral field. It could get ugly at the CLink. SF @ SEA is the better matchup and would probably draw better ratings.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's going to be Packers or Cowboys. Opening week is going to get enough attention. Why waste rivalry game or a SB rematch on it? The NFL will be better served to save those for mid-season when there's nothing else to talk about.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I doubt it will be San Fran. The Niners open a new stadium next year so they'll be lobbying the NFL hard for a home game week 1.

cacksman

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3dhtmcoc said:
It's going to be Packers or Cowboys. Opening week is going to get enough attention. Why waste rivalry game or a SB rematch on it? The NFL will be better served to save those for mid-season when there's nothing else to talk about.

This. I would bet $$$ on Packers than any other matchup there is.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jpwnppd said:
I'm thinking it's gonna be the whiners. It's the better game. Blowing Denver out by 30+ points isn't Rog's idea of a "good game".

this^^.... it will be the 9ers or the Packers

Vetamur

Reaction score
I thought it would be the 49ers, but SeahawkJay has an excellent point..with the 49ers opening a new stadium they are likely going to get a home opener. Its always been in conference which makes me think the Packers. If they break that rule, then the Broncos start 0-1 and their fans whine endlessly about having to start the season in Seattle.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Packers.

They know the nation won't be arsed about seeing SEA/DEN after that Super Bowl, the 49ers games will be protected for later in the year and the Packers have the history around the Fail Mary.

Got to be Rodgers and Green Bay coming to Seattle.

OP
OP
C

coolrde

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Mariners are scheduled to play at home that Thursday night after Labor Day? Baltimore was forced to play on the road for their opener after the Orioles refused to move their game. I can't imagine that would happen in Seattle. The 12's own this town and would riot. Either that or Paul Allen would buy every seat in Safeco that night and shut the stadium down.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I think San Fran is the one everyone wants to see, but you've got a point about Levi opening up.

Penman96

Reaction score
Mariners are on the road that Thursday apparently, so the game should be OK at C-Link.

I'm hoping it's an NFC West game - those are the most important ones

Vetamur

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing the Cards.. they are poised for a playoff year..but I doubt the nation as a whole recognizes that..so, Packers is my guess, Dallas a distant second.

andyh64000

Reaction score
90% it will be the Packers.

9% chance it is the Cowboys.

1% chance it is the Redskins.

OP
OP
C

coolrde

Reaction score
Would say 0% for the Redskins as we play them on the road. 1% Giants as Eli tries to avenge his brothers massacre and his own.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm laying money down on GB as well. It's such a good storyline. Fail mary repeat. Maybe not as good if Tate is gone.