M. Lynch worthy of the ring of honor ?

Chawker

Reaction score
Is Marshaw Lynch worthy of the ring of honor ?

I'd say hell yah ! Lets do this. Show some love for a great RB and a good man. :2thumbs:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Is Russ Wilson too short? Yep Beastmode is in 0 doubt about it.

themunn

Reaction score
You can't put him in before Shaun Alexander though, who owns pretty much every Seahawks rushing record worth measuring:

Career yards
Single season yards
Career TDs
Single season TDs
Single game rushing record
Most attempts career, season, game
One and only Seahawks league MVP

The only rushing records he doesn't own are the ones reserved for rookies and QBs

So while maybe Lynch is worthy, he's not more worthy than Alexander and shouldn't go in before him

chris98251

Reaction score
themunn":1q19fh9q said:
You can't put him in before Shaun Alexander though, who owns pretty much every Seahawks rushing record worth measuring:

Career yards
Single season yards
Career TDs
Single season TDs

The only rushing records he doesn't own are the ones reserved for rookies and QBs

So while maybe Lynch is worthy, he's not more worthy than Alexander and shouldn't go in before him

How many Earthquakes did Alexander cause?

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":3n1a2gy4 said:
How many Earthquakes did Alexander cause?

I'm not sure, but if you want to put players in on the back of one game, or one play even, then Malcom Smith and Percy Harvin must also be in with a shout

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Beast Mode defined an era, not only in Seahawks history, but, to an extent, even in the NFL. It was more than one game, or one run.

Alexander had a body of work, but what NFL highlight reel features even one of his iconic runs? Lynch, with Beast Mode 1 & 2, will forever be enshrined in NFL film lore.

Alexander will always live under the shadow of having his path paved by one of the best lines ever assembled. Lynch never had that luxury, and singularly fought for every yard.

Lynch is almost a household name, drawing fans from around the league, and even non-NFL fans, alike.

I think there is a good argument for him to join the ring before Alexander, Wagner, and Wilson.

keasley45

Reaction score
themunn":2wogq0i8 said:

Career yards
Single season yards
Career TDs
Single season TDs

Just goes to show you that stats don't tell the whole story.

Lynch was far and beyond the better back. Shaun would have folded up in the offense Lynch thrived in.

I'd put him in ahead of Alexander 100/100 times.

Emmitt Smith > Sweetness? Nope. But he has better stats. He has better stats than almost everyone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is one of the craziest posts I have seen on here.

My opinion, longevity aside, is that Lynch should be in the Hall, not the Ring.

Lynch is one of the greatest after contact runners ever and THE greatest after contact of his era (not better than Campbell obviously)

Lynch may have carried us to at least one SB, and he likely would have been the MVP of the 2nd SB win but for the worst play call in SB history.

Of course, he should be in the Ring. Comparing him with Shaun is laughable. Prime Lynch was tiers above Prime Shaun.

Not only should he be in the RoH but an effing statue of him should be outside the stadium.

Rat

Reaction score
No question about it. You can compare career stats or whatever, but Marshawn's legacy is something that cannot be left out when discussing the history of this franchise.

Alexander absolutely needs to be there too; he scored 112 TDs in Seahawk blue and is our only league MVP.

I'll be shocked if either is left out.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Twisted is right; if I objectively heard someone talking about Lynch in the HOF I think it's a reasonable consideration. To even question whether he should be in the ROH? That's a wild angle to take.

He only had six career 1,000 yard seasons, two with Buffalo and four with Seattle. But those four in Seattle? Dude left an absolute wreck of a league behind him after killing the league. We all saw this: he was a one man wrecking crew in an era where the RB position had been deprioritized. This team doesn't hit it's great point without Wilson and the LOB, but Lynch was the catalyst for the entire thing and was a straight nightmare for opposing teams every down.

Alexander was awesome and took his opportunities. But Lynch was going to run like that no matter how bad the line was. Very few NFL fans will remember Shaun Alexander outside of Seattle, but Lynch won't be forgotten.

timmat

Reaction score
Absolutely yes. His running style and attitude set the tone for the era’s offense AND defense. Massive impact on the trajectory of the organization. Huge signature moments. But one of the things I’ll remember most - and I commented on this often at the time - was how incredible some of his 4yd runs were behind a sub par o-line. He masked so many deficiencies. Taking a handoff, immediately dodging a defender in the backfield, lowering his shoulder, and blasting guys back for 3 to 4 yd gains that should have been 5yd losses. This happened over and over, and he didn’t get enough credit for how many 3rd & 4 situations we were in because he turned tackles-for-loss into positive yardage. A true Beast, and not just for his memorable longer runs.

John63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":349877a4 said:
Beast Mode defined an era, not only in Seahawks history, but, to an extent, even in the NFL. It was more than one game, or one run.

Alexander had a body of work, but what NFL highlight reel features even one of his iconic runs? Lynch, with Beast Mode 1 & 2, will forever be enshrined in NFL film lore.

Alexander will always live under the shadow of having his path paved by one of the best lines ever assembled. Lynch never had that luxury, and singularly fought for every yard.

Lynch is almost a household name, drawing fans from around the league, and even non-NFL fans, alike.

I think there is a good argument for him to join the ring before Alexander, Wagner, and Wilson.

No, but Lynch will live under the shadow of knowing he had one of the best running QBs in the league during his heyday in Seattle.

As to Wagner and Wilson. An argument could be made for both over Much more easily

Wilson without Wilson there is no Murry or any QB under 6 foot being drafted #1 or even the first round. He changed the way people think about QBs. Let's add in He is #1 in every Qb stat in Seattle but he is also top 5 in rushing stats

As to Wagner, he was the leading tackler of one of the best defenses in league history.

Mind you I am not an alexander fan but his stats are way better than Lynch's, and you can make all the arguments you want about the line etc, But Lynch also had his advantages he was in a run-first system, he had a running QB that helped a lot. In fact, Lynch is 4th in rushing gues who is 5th...Wilson. Lynch played more years here but less everything than Alexander.

To me I agree Lynch should get in, as an RB but not before alexander. As of now before Wagner and Wilson since they are still playing.

John63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1hc2tg7l said:

No, but Lynch will live under the shadow of knowing he had one of the best running QBs in the league during his heyday in Seattle.

As to Wagner and Wilson. An argument could be made for both over Much more easily

Wilson without Wilson there is no Murry or any QB under 6 foot being drafted #1 or even the first round. He changed the way people think about QBs. Let's add in He is #1 in every Qb stat in Seattle but he is also top 5 in rushing stats

As to Wagner, he was the leading tackler of one of the best defenses in league history.

Mind you I am not an alexander fan but his stats are way better than Lynch's, and you can make all the arguments you want about the line etc, But Lynch also had his advantages he was in a run-first system, he had a running QB that helped a lot. In fact, Lynch is 4th in rushing gues who is 5th...Wilson. Lynch played more years here but less everything than Alexander.

To me I agree Lynch should get in, as an RB but not before alexander. As of now before Wagner and Wilson since they are still playing.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
keasley45":15uzya3h said:
themunn":15uzya3h said:

Career yards
Single season yards
Career TDs
Single season TDs

Just goes to show you that stats don't tell the whole story.

Lynch was far and beyond the better back. Shaun would have folded up in the offense Lynch thrived in.

I'd put him in ahead of Alexander 100/100 times.

Emmitt Smith > Sweetness? Nope. But he has better stats. He has better stats than almost everyone.
This....100% this.

Rat

Reaction score
Can we please have just one damn thread that John63 doesnt spam with his Russ ball-gargling?

schkoot

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is the best to ever wear the blue and green and absolutely no argument can convince me otherwise.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Rat":mhxgfqvp said:
Can we please have just one damn thread that John63 doesnt spam with his Russ ball-gargling?

I think you know the answer to that.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Absolutely - yes.

Lynch is 100% ROH.

Wagner is 100% jersey retirement. Russ probably too.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":3qj3ma2o said:

Well, I am not the one that brought up Wilson, so tell someone else. Can we have one where you don't come on here and whine about Wilson?

xray

Reaction score
That's the least should do ; after totally phuking him and the team , in SB49 ..... Give him the ball and he scores . He wins the game and maybe MVP , if they just gave him the phukin ball !! I hated the Hawks that night , I admit it I really did .