Who are the Dawgs on our roster

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Literally didn't read any further.

I acknowledge I go over the top too often, but if you can't see how ridiculously stupid you decided to be opening with this drivel, there's no point in continuing further.

You're right bro, good discussion and good luck. 🙄
Again you keep name calling and being aggressive on the keyboard. If you acknowledge it, then be better. Otherwise me and others will bring up the childish way you debate.

I'll chalk it up to you having a bad day.

Enjoy the off-season my Seahawks brother.

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
Again you keep name calling and being aggressive on the keyboard. If you acknowledge it, then be better. Otherwise me and others will bring up the childish way you debate.

I'll chalk it up to you having a bad day.

Enjoy the off-season my Seahawks brother.

Deleted a post you definitely deserved, to be equally sheepish and say

I feel quite zero need to "be better", when responding to smarmy, passive aggressive, condescending posts. Emphasis on posts not posters, in case hypothetical people I respond to are idiots.

"be better", "I'm assuming you're a teenager", "the childish way you debate"

And smarmy condescending sign off

Yeah bro, you're the paragon of "debating" (amused you choose this word in particular for numerous reasons) in good faith

But it's cool, I don't want "you and others" to bully me, especially so passive aggressively, so I won't disparage seahawks legend AARON CURRY again 😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Deleted a post you definitely deserved, to be equally sheepish and say

I feel quite zero need to "be better", when responding to smarmy, passive aggressive, condescending posts. Emphasis on posts not posters, in case hypothetical people I respond to are idiots.

"be better", "I'm assuming you're a teenager", "the childish way you debate"

And smarmy condescending sign off

Yeah bro, you're the paragon of "debating" (amused you choose this word in particular for numerous reasons) in good faith

But it's cool, I don't want "you and others" to bully me, so I won't disparage seahawks legend AARON CURRY again 😂

My calling you out didn't come out of nowhere. You were being an aggressive keyboard guy. You have even admitted to going overboard. You are the keyboard bully, that doesn't like getting called out on it.

The aggressive and disrespectful way you debate on the internet is whatever. But I know you don't talk to other men like that in real life.

I debate like its a face to face debate. Knowing if I talked reckless in real life may lead to a fight, which I don't look for. You don't have that same filter. Which, IMO, means you just don't have a lot of life experience with situations that can lead to a fight.

bigcc

Reaction score
My calling you out didn't come out of nowhere. You were being an aggressive keyboard guy. You have even admitted to going overboard. You are the keyboard bully, that doesn't like getting called out on it.

The aggressive and disrespectful way you debate on the internet is whatever. But I know you don't talk to other men like that in real life.

I debate like its a face to face debate. Knowing if I talked reckless in real life may lead to a fight, which I don't look for. You don't have that same filter. Which, IMO, means you just don't have a lot of life experience with situations that can lead to a fight.
I dare someone to defend curry in my presence, because the vitriol I'll drop would make the pope square up.

In all seriousness, I hope you realize the irony in calling me childish repeatedly because I don't treat internet discussions like they could lead to immediate fights... I'd happily call Aaron curry a bum to your face and you wouldn't do a thing unless you're an unhinged menace to society.

But sure, saying something is stupid is much more likely to get you in a fight than telling someone they must be a child 😂

Get real dude good lord, yes I can go overboard, as I have even a semblance of self awareness.

But I don't pretend I'm some internet knight, trying to uphold the morality of discourse on the internet. Give me a break dude

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I dare someone to defend curry in my presence, because the vitriol I'll drop would make the pope square up.

In all seriousness, I hope you realize the irony in calling me childish repeatedly because I don't treat internet discussions like they could lead to immediate fights... I'd happily call Aaron curry a bum to your face and you wouldn't do a thing unless you're an unhinged menace to society.

But sure, saying something is stupid is much more likely to get you in a fight than telling someone they must be a child 😂

Get real dude good lord, yes I can go overboard, as I have even a semblance of self awareness.

But I don't pretend I'm some internet knight, trying to uphold the morality of discourse on the internet. Give me a break dude

olyfan63

Reaction score
Curry sucked, wasted draft pick, KJ Wright sent him to the bench and out of football. Nobody cares about Jim Mora Jr. Can we get back to the original topic?

Dawgs to me, are guys who show up and play at a high level each week, and provide leadership on how the game should be played.

Dawgs on our roster, IMO, include Spoon, Williams, DK, K9, Nwosu, and Mafe.
You could make the case for a few others, like maybe a healthy Abe Lucas, and Tyler Lockett.
Adams was supposed to bring that here, but hasn't for assorted reasons, including persistent injury issues.
We need to pick up a few more dawgs in the draft.

Compared to 2013-2014, we are at a dawg deficiency.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I almost mentioned DK because of his talent and ability to be a monster at times, but his mental breakdowns prevented it. If he can get his temper in check, then yes, he would also be a dawg.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I almost mentioned DK because of his talent and ability to be a monster at times, but his mental breakdowns prevented it. If he can get his temper in check, then yes, he would also be a dawg.
The dawg potential is definitely there. I am eager to see how the new staff does and what direction they go. The dude is huge, it’d be like having Derick Henry as a WR with Lynch’s F-U attitude and toughness. I mean… he’ll now I’m curious how he’d do at RB lol. Idk if I’d want DK Running at me jfc .. that’s a scary thought

Scout

Reaction score
My answer is we will find out based on which players the new coaching staff chooses to keep.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Curry sucked, wasted draft pick, KJ Wright sent him to the bench and out of football. Nobody cares about Jim Mora Jr. Can we get back to the original topic?

Dawgs to me, are guys who show up and play at a high level each week, and provide leadership on how the game should be played.

Dawgs on our roster, IMO, include Spoon, Williams, DK, K9, Nwosu, and Mafe.
You could make the case for a few others, like maybe a healthy Abe Lucas, and Tyler Lockett.
Adams was supposed to bring that here, but hasn't for assorted reasons, including persistent injury issues.
We need to pick up a few more dawgs in the draft.

Compared to 2013-2014, we are at a dawg deficiency.
Almost ANY team in the league would have taken Curry in that draft. He was a beast in college.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Almost ANY team in the league would have taken Curry in that draft. He was a beast in college.
You're absolutely right, and he absolutely sucked in the NFL.
Curry is a good pick to look back at and break down where things went wrong in the draft process. Probably some threads here on that topic. I hope the 'Hawks have learned whatever lesson is there to learn.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Kiper 2024 Mock 2.0 has this for the Seahawks:
16. Seattle Seahawks: Troy Fautanu, G – Washington

Does Fautanu fit the definition of "Dawg" we are using here, besides the obvious Husky nickname? I didn't really see UW play that much this year and most of the attention was on Penix, Odunze, and Bralen Trice in the games I saw. The draft profiles have good things to say. The Packers are rumored to have him as a top target.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're absolutely right, and he absolutely sucked in the NFL.
Curry is a good pick to look back at and break down where things went wrong in the draft process. Probably some threads here on that topic. I hope the 'Hawks have learned whatever lesson is there to learn.
That's not my point. They had NO way of knowing he was going to be a bust. MOST OR ALL teams would have taken him at 4.

And that was even before JS was here. He didn't draft Curry. Tim Ruskell did. JS came the next year. 2010

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd put DK in the Dawg category in spite of his hot-headedness and mental breakdowns that at times hurts the team. DK also seems to show up against tough opponents.
JReed should probably also be in that category as multiple people have mentioned; I might be guilty of paying too much attention to Edge guys and CBs and Safeties.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Kiper 2024 Mock 2.0 has this for the Seahawks:
16. Seattle Seahawks: Troy Fautanu, G – Washington

Does Fautanu fit the definition of "Dawg" we are using here, besides the obvious Husky nickname? I didn't really see UW play that much this year and most of the attention was on Penix, Odunze, and Bralen Trice in the games I saw. The draft profiles have good things to say. The Packers are rumored to have him as a top target.
Yes, Fautanu is a Dawg in every sense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That's not my point. They had NO way of knowing he was going to be a bust. MOST OR ALL teams would have taken him at 4.

And that was even before JS was here. He didn't draft Curry. Tim Ruskell did. JS came the next year. 2010
Sure, the only way to know is in hindsight. I get your point that Curry was a Ruskell pick, so JS didn't have the personal involvement in the pick, so there's not a process lesson to learn.

It's like the Hawks passing on Jalen Carter this last time. Could turn out to be Warren Sapp 2.0 or could turn out to be Malik McDowell 2.0.