Who are the Dawgs on our roster

Chevy

Reaction score
We need more Dawgs on our team! What Dawgs do you want to add to our team in the draft or free agency? Also, do we have Dawgs on our current roster?

xray

Reaction score
Dawgs ? Doesn't Adams have a teacup poodle ?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
This question reminds me of the alpha male question. What does it mean to be a dawg? Like cables dirtbags but with slightly more ethics?

CactusJack

Reaction score
DK, Spoon, J-Reed, Leonard, Nwosu.

Jamal is a dawg. But he takes it to an extreme degree. Supreme Jackass.

D-Hall & Charbs have some dawg like traits.

Basically, this team doesn't have enough of them. That's for sure.

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
DK, Spoon, J-Reed, Leonard.

Jamal is a dawg. But he takes it to an extreme degree. Supreme Jackass.

D-Hall & Charbs have some dawg like traits.

Basically, this team doesn't have enough of them. That's for sure.
Based on his play so far d-hall is far from a dawg. I don't know if I'd use it for charb yet, or Reed either.

Mafe is closer than hall is, nwosu when healthy, Lucas could get there but not yet, I agree 100 percent with everything else you said though

CactusJack

Reaction score
Based on his play so far d-hall is far from a dawg. I don't know if I'd use it for charb yet, or Reed either.

Mafe is closer than hall is, nwosu when healthy, Lucas could get there but not yet, I agree 100 percent with everything else you said though
You either have it or you don't. The Dawg that is. ;)

I mentioned Hall because he has some alpha like traits. Both on & off the field. But his play hasn't taken off just yet. It took Mafe a year to adjust to the league as well. So, we'll see how far Hall comes along in year two. I'm expecting a jump.

Jarran Reed is a dawg. Nwosu is another.

Does Charb have that mentality? Not sure. But his physical style of play would suggest it.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
This question reminds me of the alpha male question. What does it mean to be a dawg? Like cables dirtbags but with slightly more ethics?

I think Jim Mora Jr said he wanted "drit bags". So they drafted Aaron Curry and Mora neutered Curry for being to physical on the field. Mora killed Curry's development. Dirt Bags sounded so lame when Mora said it and its just weird thing to say as a trait for players.

bigcc

Reaction score
I think Jim Mora Jr said he wanted "drit bags". So they drafted Aaron Curry and Mora neutered Curry for being to physical on the field. Mora killed Curry's development. Dirt Bags sounded so lame when Mora said it and its just weird thing to say as a trait for players.
Mora had literally nothing to do with taking curry, and he had nothing to do with curry being ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS at football.

Curry was a pussy, blaming a coach for that is beyond stupid, and I am first to say mora sucked.

bigcc

Reaction score
Michael penix and I know it won’t happen but I love odunze
Honestly, if odunze is available I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him at 16.

Cost to extend/resign dk is going to be astronomical after chase/jj get new contracts, I wouldn't be opposed to freeing his already massive salary for a bevy of picks and the huge amount of cap created by going from dk to rookie contract wr.

Wr salaries are VERY QUICKLY moving to the same caliber of discussion for rookie contracts as QB's.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Honestly, if odunze is available I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him at 16.

Cost to extend/resign dk is going to be astronomical after chase/jj get new contracts, I wouldn't be opposed to freeing his already massive salary for a bevy of picks and the huge amount of cap created by going from dk to rookie contract wr.

Wr salaries are VERY QUICKLY moving to the same caliber of discussion for rookie contracts as QB's.
Pretty soon all salaries sans rookies and their 4/5 year deals are going to be insanely stupid. Which is why building young growing your own and going from there makes sense. A system type mentality to plug and play talent (young cheap talent) - which is what JS has in mind with Mike and the 6 year plan.

bigcc

Reaction score
Pretty soon all salaries sans rookies and their 4/5 year deals are going to be insanely stupid. Which is why building young growing your own and going from there makes sense. A system type mentality to plug and play talent (young cheap talent) - which is what JS has in mind with Mike and the 6 year plan.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I know people will say it was Pete and not John, but there is quite literally no proof of that, and that's that the seahawks have been doing their absolute best the last like 7 years to squander any potential comp picks they'd get, by lame ass signings in FA.

If we're going with that kind of system, we need enough draft picks to replace the guys we end up letting walk.

It's the reason 9ers traded a 3rd for chase for example.... If it works, great.... If it doesn't, he'll likely add a 3rd or 4th at worst round comp in return for that 31st pick in the 3rd this year.

Free agency is a TERRIBLE place to build unless you truly see a diamond in the rough,can find a plug and play on a 1 year deal, or a legitimate team changing superstar

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Mora had literally nothing to do with taking curry, and he had nothing to do with curry being ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS at football.

Curry was a pussy, blaming a coach for that is beyond stupid, and I am first to say mora sucked.

You being dismissive and with a definitive response from you does not make you right. If you were on the coaching staff or in the scouting department with the Seahawks during that time, then I could take your response seriously. But shouting down others opinions is a weak stance.

So, Jim Mora Jr was the Seahawks head coach in 2009 and Curry was drafted in the 2009 draft. Mora Jr did make the statement that he wanted dirt bags. Head coaches and GMs tend to work together as far as how they want to build the team. So Mora Jr probably had some sway as far as what type of players he wanted to be drafted for his style of team. Yes, Mora did real in Curry, when Curry was being extra aggressive during and after plays. Mora had said it in press conferences.

bigcc

Reaction score
You being dismissive and with a definitive response from you does not make you right. If you were on the coaching staff or in the scouting department with the Seahawks during that time, then I could take your response seriously. But shouting down others opinions is a weak stance.

So, Jim Mora Jr was the Seahawks head coach in 2009 and Curry was drafted in the 2009 draft. Mora Jr did make the statement that he wanted dirt bags. Head coaches and GMs tend to work together as far as how they want to build the team. So Mora Jr probably had some sway as far as what type of players he wanted to be drafted for his style of team. Yes, Mora did real in Curry, when Curry was being extra aggressive during and after plays. Mora had said it in press conferences.
Except that ruskell famously did NOT work directly with coaches, straight from holmgrens mouth. Is parroting his opinion a weak stance, or are you more likely correct, from your own reasoning?

And by reel in curry, he meant that the idiot was jumping offsides and over pursuing plays frequently, forcing his own inept ass out of position to impact the play.

Are you trying to tell me with a straight face, that one year under mora neutered curry to the point where carroll sent his ass off after seeing he was useless the next year?

Get real dude, curry is the biggest bust in seahawks history, and considering how UNANIMOUSLY he was considered a "can't miss ready to play day 1" prospect, and the MASSIVE yet to be set (new cba was following year) rookie contract he got, he's one of the biggest busts OF ALL TIME AT ANY POSITION

**** curry, anyone who defends him needs a reality check

GemCity

Reaction score
Eskridge.

“Doggonnit…I’m injured again”
“Dognabbit, should’ve took Creed”
“Hot diggity dog…we wasted a pick”.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Except that ruskell famously did NOT work directly with coaches, straight from holmgrens mouth. Is parroting his opinion a weak stance, or are you more likely correct, from your own reasoning?

And by reel in curry, he meant that the idiot was jumping offsides and over pursuing plays frequently, forcing his own inept ass out of position to impact the play.

Are you trying to tell me with a straight face, that one year under mora neutered curry to the point where carroll sent his ass off after seeing he was useless the next year?

Get real dude, curry is the biggest bust in seahawks history, and considering how UNANIMOUSLY he was considered a "can't miss ready to play day 1" prospect, and the MASSIVE yet to be set (new cba was following year) rookie contract he got, he's one of the biggest busts OF ALL TIME AT ANY POSITION

**** curry, anyone who defends him needs a reality check

You are talking reckless! There is a respectful way to debate. I'm assuming you are a teenager with the way you talk aggressively on the keyboard. We are all Seahawks fans with different opinions, so lets be respectful.

You did not mention that Ruskell did not work with coaches in the post I quoted you on. Had you put that in your initial post, then that is legit facts/statements. But for whatever reason you didn't include them in your initial post.

Curry was extra physical to the echo of the whistle which had Rams RB Steven Jackson complaining. He was complaining because he was not used to getting bullied on the field.

Yes, coaches can cause serious doubt for a player on how to play the game. It usually is attributed to QBs, but like you had said Mora Jr was bad. Biggest bust thanks, in part to Mora Jr.

bigcc

Reaction score
You are talking reckless! There is a respectful way to debate. I'm assuming you are a teenager with the way you talk aggressively on the keyboard.

Literally didn't read any further.

I acknowledge I go over the top too often, but if you can't see how ridiculously stupid you decided to be opening with this drivel, there's no point in continuing further.

You're right bro, good discussion and good luck. 🙄