Whitlock on Cowherd

Ozzy

Reaction score
Whitlock just said if the refs call the game the way they have all year the Seahawks are going to KILL Denver and it won't even be close. Cowherd basically agreed. Finished by saying it could be a 20 point blowout smokeshow.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
In case folks don't know, Jason Whitlock wrote a scathing column that was a complete indictment of the NFL and the officiating after XL* basically saying the Hawks got screwed in the game. KCHawkgirl may have well seen it because he was in KC at the time. It ran nationally as well.

GCrow

Reaction score
You literally never know what you're gonna get with that guy.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2d88v1pc said:
GCrow":2d88v1pc said:
You literally never know what you're gonna get with that guy.

His brutally honest opinion.

Key word "opinion." As a Kansas native, and a K-State graduate, I never enjoyed his knob-slobbering of the KU Jayhawks. When my Wildcats finally beat them after a long streak being the Jayhawks personal bitch, Whitlock wrote a column trashing US, not the losing team. When KU's "best team in years" fell to lowly UNI in the second round of the NCAA while K-State advanced to the Elite Eight, he still couldn't get over State's "good luck" and KU's "bad luck."

Still, I did see his column about XL, which was spot on. Well, maybe others might not find it spot on (Stealers fans still throw out the ol' "a truly good team can overcome bad penalties" line), but I agreed with him. Glad to see him in the Seahawks' corner.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
People seem to forget how Denver receivers get open: Pick plays, pick plays, pick plays. I doubt we can blow out Denver by 20. Manning is too good and too smart. I would take a 1 point win.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
austinslater25":24w254be said:
Whitlock just said if the refs call the game the way they have all year the Seahawks are going to KILL Denver and it won't even be close.

That's the part I'm not so confident in.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1xr8pii6 said:
People seem to forget how Denver receivers get open: Pick plays, pick plays, pick plays. I doubt we can blow out Denver by 20. Manning is too good and too smart. I would take a 1 point win.

Don't the Niners run those plays a lot as well? They didn't so much against us. And one time they did, Sherman played it perfectly (ref: Cian Fahey)

Largent80

Reaction score
We are going to blow out Denver regardless of Whitlocks, Leavys, Mannings or anything else.

This is an old fashioned beatdown.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
I have a feeling Manning will be picking his butt up off the turf all day. Seems to me that he was only hit once in the playoffs against lessor defenses.

marko358

Reaction score
HawkFan72":h3esns0y said:
austinslater25":h3esns0y said:
Whitlock just said if the refs call the game the way they have all year the Seahawks are going to KILL Denver and it won't even be close.

I couldn't imagine a Super Bowl littered with a crazy amount of flags. I think they'll let 'em play.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
Can't imagine a SB littered with flags? Neither could I, until XL, unfortunately

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":t4yo2cs3 said:
In case folks don't know, Jason Whitlock wrote a scathing column that was a complete indictment of the NFL and the officiating after XL* basically saying the Hawks got screwed in the game. KCHawkgirl may have well seen it because he was in KC at the time. It ran nationally as well.
I did and for that I generally like him even if he goes off the rails sometimes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkFan72":97llxcuh said:
austinslater25":97llxcuh said:

The pundits have mentioned that the NFL doesn't want alot of flags and have told the referees to let them play. This very well may be a make up for that travesty in Detroit because even the NFL admits it was bad, let alone anyone not living in Pittsburgh.

Smellyman

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1kadx2dc said:

yeah. they run a ton of pick plays

but it is the grabby seattle DB's that are the cheaters.

/sarcasm

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkFan72":zwszgsnu said:
austinslater25":zwszgsnu said:

The Pundits have mentioned that the NFL doesn't want alot of flags and have told the referees to let them play. This very well may be a make up for that travesty in Detroit because even the NFL admits it was bad, let alone anyone not living in Pittsburgh.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Watching soundfx a big part of demvers game is that guys have a hard time matching the size is demaryus
no so here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":22seuqjs said:
We are going to blow out Denver regardless of Whitlocks, Leavys, Mannings or anything else.

This is an old fashioned beatdown.
Man just the thought of this makes me all warm and fuzzy. :179417: You were right that we'd beat the Whiners and I am seriously hoping you're right about this too Rob. My blood pressure would be so thankful.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If we get a ton of flags early, I would expect our team to pick up the intensity, rather then roll over. There is no way in hell the NFL wants its showcase to turn into laundry day. I'd expect a phone call to the refs at halftime tell them to swallow their whistles in the second half.

Latest posts