Whiner's billboard message in Seattle being scrubbed?

KK84

Reaction score
Not surprised. No one would be interested in having to clean or fix it on a daily basis.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I kind of wanted our players to go past it every gameday up til the SB.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2i7q4qo9 said:
I kind of wanted our players to go past it every gameday up til the SB.

I am quite sure if this happened (however unlikely), it would be brought to the players attention.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Why would anyone in Seattle fight this? It would be tremendous motivation for the players and the 12th man.

Let it go up.

drdiags

Reaction score
I cannot believe ESPN had a topic on this. "Fair or Foul". Come on man! It is just a little one-upmanship. The whole back and forth is kind of whacky but I am sure similar type of stuff has happened in the old Packers/Bears rivalry, though the Seahawks/9ers rivalry is sorely lacking in tradition. 5 yrs from now, it may be a chuckle in sports convos.

drdiags

Reaction score
I say freedom of speech. If the 9ers fans have the cash as long as it isn't obscene they should be able to do as they want. Seems like a little college pranks stuff to me, long as no one is killing one another, I am a big boy. It wouldn't make me soil my shorts.

I think it is a silly argument to make when discussing your rival, but I admit I wouldn't mind having something in the trophy case (damn XL*).

OP
OP
HawkCop

HawkCop

Reaction score
DavidSeven":13ep9dn2 said:
Why would anyone in Seattle fight this? It would be tremendous motivation for the players and the 12th man.

Let it go up.

I agree. They're just throwing fuel on the fire!

HansGruber

Reaction score
I hope it goes up, too. Would be so hilariously awesome when we beat them here in the playoffs, and the players have to drive past that billboard in their bus. It would be the ultimate embarrassment. 49er fans rubbing their own team's nose in it. I guarantee not ONE of the players on that 49ers team could care less about those Lombardi's in the 80's. If anything, it just highlights their failure to win another one, yet again. It would be so demoralizing.

And all those Niner fans, running out of Seattle to go hide, they'd have to drive past that billboard. Can you imagine how embarrassing that'd be?

Plus, agree with others, it'd be awesome motivation for our team.

HansGruber

Reaction score
IDEA:

We need to get a group together to urge Clear Channel to put it up. Offer them another $7000.

That would be the most awesome thing ever. TOTAL backfire. I mean, think about what that says to the rest of the NFL and ALL those Niner fans. Ha ha ha ha, bring it you upstart punks. We LOVE your hate, we feed on it. After all that whining in SF about our crowd noise, about the brick, about the plane with the banner.

That would be the ultimate smackdown. WE PAID for your lame team to smack us, beeshiz.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I find it ironic that this board doesn't insult the Hawks or the Seahawk fans in anyway, but that it just states old news.

what is ironic however is that this sign takes a direct jab at the current 49ers and Jim Douchbuah for not being able to win another.

I would propose a follow up sign that states something like..

YOur next Jim..

Oh, wait, sorry.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
they should put it up. Plus I read that the extra 1000 dollars that the whiners fans raised was gonna go to Seattle's children's hospital. I think that this is win win.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
39er tears will be even more delicious come playoff time. I would love to see this thing go up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd like to see the chip on our players' shoulders when that billboard went up.

I was ok with it, since any extra money went to the Seattle Children's hospital. That's classy in a way....they're digging on us (the best they can, it's still weak) but donating to a Seattle area charity, which is classy.

I also think it ups the rivalry which is good IMO.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would pay a very good tagger to climb up and paint some cobwebs on the trophies. That would rock! Either that, or a caption below saying "Pre-cap. The best trophies money could buy!" Either way, I suspect some people will decide to use up their excess paint ball rounds on it. Or dye filled water balloons in a balloon launcher... Just suggestions here... Not personally endorsing anything... :mrgreen:

Seriously though, that thing is not gonna go unscathed in 12th man country... No way. We were smart using the plane 'cause it was out of range.