Which receivers make the roster?

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":18qk4fs8 said:
DomeHawk":18qk4fs8 said:
chris98251":18qk4fs8 said:
Well they are already giving DK 10 plus yards of cushion, that will be exploited at some point.

At times but I also saw them playing him tight on the line and he had a difficult time getting off. All the potential but he's got a lot to learn.

WOW that is interesting and based on some of you words I wonder. I never saw him have any problem getting off the line Huard even said that last night as well.
Neither did I, but the cameras were not always on him if the ball wasn't there on that side of the field. All receivers have to learn to deal with hand checking and bump and run though, since that's is a big part of our game on defense I am sure he is going to get a lot of practice learning how to disengage and beat it.

D

DomeHawk

John63":2xgny5jw said:
DomeHawk":2xgny5jw said:
chris98251":2xgny5jw said:
Well they are already giving DK 10 plus yards of cushion, that will be exploited at some point.

At times but I also saw them playing him tight on the line and he had a difficult time getting off. All the potential but he's got a lot to learn.

WOW that is interesting and based on some of you words it appears you have your foil. I never saw him have any problem getting off the line Huard even said that last night as well. goodbye

I was at the game, everyone around me mentioned it. Where were you? Watching it on TV where you only see half of the game?

olyfan63

Reaction score
The next Mike Williams? Wait, what about the SB49 near-MVP? Chris something, I think. Well, until NE put BBrowner on him.
Canada at last check.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":3vm7k83v said:
The next Mike Williams? Wait, what about the SB49 near-MVP? Chris something, I think. Well, until NE put BBrowner on him.
Canada at last check.

Mike Williams was great for Wilson that first year, then he ate himself out of the league again for the next season.

John63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2moddaus said:
John63":2moddaus said:
DomeHawk":2moddaus said:
chris98251":2moddaus said:

WOW that is interesting and based on some of you words it appears you have your foil. I never saw him have any problem getting off the line Huard even said that last night as well. goodbye

I was at the game, everyone around me mentioned it. Where were you? Watching it on TV where you only see half of the game?

Noe at the game and everyone around me did not see him have any problem getting off, and neither did Huard.

So to some up what you have said about DK'

Cant get off the line cant run routes

dropped passes that should have been caught

and he is prematurely-heralded

HMM

All those things that are not supported by what I saw, what those with me saw, what Huard said, what they said on the after show. So you have your opinion and we have ours.

D

DomeHawk

John63":2uh2kp2d said:
DomeHawk":2uh2kp2d said:
John63":2uh2kp2d said:
DomeHawk":2uh2kp2d said:

Noe at the game and everyone around me did not see him have any problem getting off, and neither did Huard.

HMM

All those things that are not supported by what I saw, what those with me saw, what Huard said, what they said on the after show. So you have your opinion and we have ours.

Look, I am rooting for DK, he is going to be here for sure but I am also realistic.

Quit trying to make it personal, you're acting like an idiot.

This article today pretty much sums up my thoughts, apparently I am not the only one: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ical-hype/

chris98251

Reaction score
Smith and Wilson throw a different ball, timing on those routes matter and trajectory, Smith and Metcalf may not have had a lot of reps together on those routes, we know Wilson spent a lot of time throwing to him. Jury still out I think, there was nothing in that article about getting off the line in fact it said he got separation.'

Also game speed and practice speed are different also, it's an adjustment.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2w88cxr3 said:
Smith and Wilson throw a different ball, timing on those routes matter and trajectory, Smith and Metcalf may not have had a lot of reps together on those routes, we know Wilson spent a lot of time throwing to him. Jury still out I think, there was nothing in that article about getting off the line in fact it said he got separation.'

Also game speed and practice speed are different also, it's an adjustment.

He did get off the line at times when they gave him room but I also saw him getting jammed early in the game. I guarantee you they will be working with him on that this week.

Hoping he's shows us something next game but for now I see him as a raw talent. I would LOVE to be wrong.

John63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":mkdwemdk said:
John63":mkdwemdk said:
DomeHawk":mkdwemdk said:
John63":mkdwemdk said:

HMM

Look, I am rooting for DK, he is going to be here for sure but I am also realistic.

This article today pretty much sums up my thoughts, apparently I am not the only one: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ical-hype/

LOL I am not making anything personnel. Though you calling me an idiot makes it clear who is trying to make it personnel. That article does not really support you, it makes it clear he had no issue with separation, that at least 1 of the throws was bad, and while the other hit his finger tips and even Metcalf said he thought he could get it, it does not say it was a good throw. The article really supports what most of us are saying not you. But I will give you the one pass that while I still think it would have been a stretch for even Julio Jones to catch it, if DK thinks he could have perhaps he could have. The article even says what most of us are saying if it were Wilson and not Geno it is probably caught. So this article does not really support your very scathing opinion of his night at all and in fact supports what most of us are saying

D

DomeHawk

John63":1jt89bgu said:
DomeHawk":1jt89bgu said:
John63":1jt89bgu said:
DomeHawk":1jt89bgu said:

HMM

LOL I am not making anything personnel. Though you calling me an idiot makes it clear who is trying to make it personnel. That article does not really support you, it makes it clear he had no issue with separation, that at least 1 of the throws was bad, and while the other hit his finger tips and even Metcalf said he thought he could get it, it does not say it was a good throw. The article really supports what most of us are saying not you. But I will give you the one pass that while I still think it would have been a stretch for even Julio Jones to catch it, if DK thinks he could have perhaps he could have. The article even says what most of us are saying if it were Wilson and not Geno it is probably caught. So this article does not really support your very scathing opinion of his night at all and in fact supports what most of us are saying

You make it sound like it is just me, plenty of people with far more expertise on the subject have questioned his abilities. All I am say is that he has a lot to learn AND there has been far too much hype surrounding him. You have apparently bought into that hype and I would like to also, BUT he has to do something first. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... -to-happen

Edit: my post is NOT "scathing" I was referencing what his draft profile was saying about him (not a good route runner, drops balls etc). He caught one pass for eight yds, Locket and Baldwin would probably caught at least one of those deep balls, especially the last one.

BigMeach

Reaction score
John63":12enwaxs said:
DomeHawk":12enwaxs said:
John63":12enwaxs said:
DomeHawk":12enwaxs said:

HMM

You keep using Huard as your example but not giving any actual quotes.

Rarely do you get to see a player get jammed at the line and play all the way through unless the ball ends up going to them. There was one play specifically this happened, I believe it was our very first drive. DK was unable to get separation at the line or thereafter and when the ball was passed to him, it was incomplete. This doesn't mean he can't get separation, he's a rookie and was playing against starting DB's in his first preseason game. He'll get better.

John63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":z9vqcaz3 said:
John63":z9vqcaz3 said:
DomeHawk":z9vqcaz3 said:
John63":z9vqcaz3 said:

HMM

You make it sound like it is just me, plenty of people with far more expertise on the subject have questioned his abilities. All I am say is that he has a lot to learn AND there has been far too much hype surrounding him. You have apparently bought into that hype and I would like to also, BUT he has to do something first. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... -to-happen

Edit: my post is NOT "scathing" I was referencing what his draft profile was saying about him (not a good route runner, drops balls etc). He caught one pass for eight yds, Locket and Baldwin would probably caught at least one of those deep balls, especially the last one.

So now we are to assume they would have caught one of them as your example. Look you not changing what I and those with me saw. I am. It changing what you feel you saw so let's agree to disagree and move on.

John63

Reaction score
BigMeach":z6abl9o6 said:
John63":z6abl9o6 said:
DomeHawk":z6abl9o6 said:
John63":z6abl9o6 said:

HMM

Rarely do you get to see a player get jammed at the line and play all the way through unless the ball ends up going to them. There was one play specifically this happened, I believe it was our very first drive. DK was unable to get separation at the line or thereafter and when the ball was passed to him, it was incomplete. This doesn't mean he can't get separation, he's a rookie and was playing against starting DB's in his first preseason game. He'll get better.

Hm. I was at the game, I recorded it and rewatched it's well as the post game. I did not that specific play happen the way you describe it. As to huard rewatch the game he said it during the game. As ti getting better I agree with that.

D

DomeHawk

BigMeach":3jl66z64 said:
John63":3jl66z64 said:
DomeHawk":3jl66z64 said:
John63":3jl66z64 said:

HMM

That's exactly what I was referencing. It was plain to see.

BigMeach

Reaction score
John63":24l5d3fp said:
BigMeach":24l5d3fp said:
John63":24l5d3fp said:
DomeHawk":24l5d3fp said:

HMM

Hm. I was at the game, I recorded it and rewatched it's well as the post game. I did not that specific play happen the way you describe it. As to huard rewatch the game he said it during the game. As ti getting better I agree with that.

If you have it recorded re-watch our first drive (could have been second but pretty sure it was first). Huard even talks about it right after the play. It's a throw to DK on the left, maybe 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I'm not knocking him for it. Unfortunately we rarely threw the ball to him short again so there was very little actual footage without the All-22 to say whether he improved throughout or not. I want him to do well in all aspects of the game, but I can't ignore something that did happen.

Also, you have the game recorded and can go back to watch each of the long balls to DK... with that said you think those were both uncatchable and the second was out of bounds? It's either one way or the other, you're recalling from memory or you can visually watch it now. I can tell you for a fact neither was out of bounds and both were catchable. Just re-watch them. They could have been much better throws sure. But part of what makes a guy with that size and arm length great is you just need to get it near them.

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":10frymr4 said:
I had him as a draft pick when we were doing some pre draft posts in the draft forum, many shot it down because of small school and competition but did not read his history and that he was playing at LSU first. Then he was shot down because of character issues by many more. I really hope he makes others swallow that crow in whole both across the league and those here that would not even give the kid a chance.

From a draft perspective they were right. You could sign him without having to spend a draft pick on him....

mikeak

Reaction score
BigMeach":2ppzlcs6 said:
John63":2ppzlcs6 said:
BigMeach":2ppzlcs6 said:
John63":2ppzlcs6 said:

HMM

If you have it recorded re-watch our first drive (could have been second but pretty sure it was first). Huard even talks about it right after the play. It's a throw to DK on the left, maybe 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I'm not knocking him for it. Unfortunately we rarely threw the ball to him short again so there was very little actual footage without the All-22 to say whether he improved throughout or not. I want him to do well in all aspects of the game, but I can't ignore something that did happen.

Also, you have the game recorded and can go back to watch each of the long balls to DK... with that said you think those were both uncatchable and the second was out of bounds? It's either one way or the other, you're recalling from memory or you can visually watch it now. I can tell you for a fact neither was out of bounds and both were catchable. Just re-watch them. They could have been much better throws sure. But part of what makes a guy with that size and arm length great is you just need to get it near them.

Seriously? How is the first deep ball catchable when he gets completely tripped up by the defender? Look at it his fot gets taken out from underneath him

Second one we agree 100% that is on DK

John63

Reaction score
BigMeach":3fd6nmsd said:
John63":3fd6nmsd said:
BigMeach":3fd6nmsd said:
John63":3fd6nmsd said:

HMM

Look I rewatched I don't agree with you. Agree to dosagree

JPatera76

Reaction score
Seems someone’s just salty that NE has a receiver that they wanted the Hawks to get. And instead of just getting over it they’d rather cut down DK.... and Praise NE and bellicheat.

John63

Reaction score
JPatera76":n88d2icm said:
Seems someone’s just salty that NE has a receiver that they wanted the Hawks to get. And instead of just getting over it they’d rather cut down DK.... and Praise NE and bellicheat.

Yup