Which receivers make the roster?

chris98251

Reaction score
Jazz if not for the Character flag and if he would not have been dropped by LSU would have been a 3rd or better round receiver, his measurables are right there and he is a producer. He will stick, we are going to have two 6'3 plus guys that can fly and catch here. It took ten years but Pete has his big receivers. Now you have Lockett and I liked what I saw from Ursua tonight also.

Both Ursua and Jazz seemingly got open at will which is a good indicator they will be able to compete when more seasoned guys play against them.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Some very good receivers are going to be cut by the Seahawks this year and if Jazz continues that kind of play there is no way he makes it to the practice squad. I love what I saw from DK tonight. His 1st catch was against a top CB in the league. I just love his attitude.

John63

Reaction score
BigMeach":24d8t3wr said:
John63":24d8t3wr said:
mikeak":24d8t3wr said:
John63":24d8t3wr said:
Ferguson played well and I hope we keep him. Don't agree on showing up DK. Geno was bad and missed DK twice on what should have been TDs. To me I would keep ferguson over Mooe.

Guess I am confused

On the first one down the right side DK CLEARLY gets tripped. Looked inadvertent but his foot is taken away from underneath him on a nice deep ball. Bad luck all around

On the second one Geno gets hit as he releases it. DK should have located the ball better

Okay opinions vary, the 2nd throw was bad and even caught would have been out of bounds. Geno having been hot does explain the bad throw.

Might wanna rewatch that second one. That wouldn't have been out of bounds, wasn't even close to being out.
DK should have caught it, hell he should have caught both. But they were fingertip catches with the ball dropping down, not easy catches. I don't knock him for that though, if anything it's just nice seeing how open he can be and how easily he can get open.

Hmm I guess you need to call huard and the others who covered the game and the post game team them there wrong. In the meantime I will go with what they said, and I saw. Bad throws, one that would not have been able to be caught in bounds. Thankfully it will not be Geno throwing to him when it really matters.

John63

Reaction score
peppersjap":mbdw0tix said:
Some very good receivers are going to be cut by the Seahawks this year and if Jazz continues that kind of play there is no way he makes it to the practice squad. I love what I saw from DK tonight. His 1st catch was against a top CB in the league. I just love his attitude.

I think if Jazz keeps up he makes the team. I think Moore is not even close to a lock. There are only 2 locks Loxkett and DK.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":j7ce0lnw said:
Jazz if not for the Character flag and if he would not have been dropped by LSU would have been a 3rd or better round receiver, his measurables are right there and he is a producer. He will stick, we are going to have two 6'3 plus guys that can fly and catch here. It took ten years but Pete has his big receivers. Now you have Lockett and I liked what I saw from Ursua tonight also.

Both Ursua and Jazz seemingly got open at will which is a good indicator they will be able to compete when more seasoned guys play against them.

I agree those 4 could be a good crew.

BigMeach

Reaction score
John63":15hlhbd9 said:
BigMeach":15hlhbd9 said:
John63":15hlhbd9 said:
mikeak":15hlhbd9 said:
Guess I am confused

On the first one down the right side DK CLEARLY gets tripped. Looked inadvertent but his foot is taken away from underneath him on a nice deep ball. Bad luck all around

On the second one Geno gets hit as he releases it. DK should have located the ball better

Okay opinions vary, the 2nd throw was bad and even caught would have been out of bounds. Geno having been hot does explain the bad throw.

Might wanna rewatch that second one. That wouldn't have been out of bounds, wasn't even close to being out.
DK should have caught it, hell he should have caught both. But they were fingertip catches with the ball dropping down, not easy catches. I don't knock him for that though, if anything it's just nice seeing how open he can be and how easily he can get open.

Hmm I guess you need to call huard and the others who covered the game and the post game team them there wrong. In the meantime I will go with what they said, and I saw. Bad throws, one that would not have been able to be caught in bounds. Thankfully it will not be Geno throwing to him when it really matters.

Oh I agree they weren't good throws, just said he should have caught them. When you get your hands on the ball you should catch it at that level. But that second long ball wouldn't have been out of bounds.

Btw, I'm talking about (and assuming you're talking about) the attempted catch to DK where he slammed the ground after and then they cut to a replay of PCs reaction. Pete was excited at first cause he thought DK was gonna make the catch, but then he didn't. This would have put them not far from the end zone on the left hash mark.

This is a direct quote from the first article I found on DK's night. It's a Seattle Times article by Larry Stone entitled "Quiet Night From Seahawks Rookie DK Metcalf..."

"Later in the first half, Smith threw an accurate-enough long ball to Metcalf after he once again got separation from the defensive back. This time, Metcalf simply was unable to haul it in. He extended fully, only to have the ball go off his fingertips, causing Metcalf to slam the ground with his fist in frustration."

"Asked if he thought he should have caught the latter ball, Metcalf replied, “Yes, sir. It was the second time it was close and off my fingertips. But I knew we’re going to go back to practice and work on it and we’ll get better after that.”"

Not sure what more can be said when the player himself is in agreement.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Certainly after the first preseason game Ferguson and Ursua improved their chances of possibly getting a roster spot.

McGruff

Reaction score
Lockett has been coaching DK up.

Lockett's secret skill, the key to his bizarre success, is late route ball tracking. Her doesnt look up until the last possible moment, not tipping off the DB that the ball is coming.

DK was trying to do that on the 2nd deep ball, but failed to track the ball until too late.

Some of that is practice, but some is innate. Lockett is probably the best in the league at it.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’m glad DK didn’t get injured attempting to catch Genos garbage throws. My biggest fear was seeing DK try and Catch an underthrown ball, and getting injured like Jimmy Graham. I bet with Wilson and Lynch he catches them with little issues

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":1h22x14y said:
Lockett has been coaching DK up.

Lockett's secret skill, the key to his bizarre success, is late route ball tracking. Her doesnt look up until the last possible moment, not tipping off the DB that the ball is coming.

DK was trying to do that on the 2nd deep ball, but failed to track the ball until too late.

Some of that is practice, but some is innate. Lockett is probably the best in the league at it.

Technique Jerry Rice used a lot also, he knew when he was getting the ball and sold every route hard so when he ran it he never tipped when he was a primary guy.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
David Moore better be watching his back. He's in trouble.

Our WR corps could be Lockett, Jaron Brown, DK, Jazz, and Ursua... leaving Jennings, Wright, Moore, Turner, Reynolds and Darboh fighting for potentially the #6 spot.

Reynolds would likely have the inside track at this juncture.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Our WR draft this year could prove to be crazy good. I really like what I saw last night, and I cant wait to see what DK does with a real QB, and not the trash we saw from Gino.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well they are already giving DK 10 plus yards of cushion, that will be exploited at some point.

chris98251

Reaction score
I had him as a draft pick when we were doing some pre draft posts in the draft forum, many shot it down because of small school and competition but did not read his history and that he was playing at LSU first. Then he was shot down because of character issues by many more. I really hope he makes others swallow that crow in whole both across the league and those here that would not even give the kid a chance.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It's just nice to see the potential of having a couple really good tall receivers. So hard for us to even find one, now we're looking at 2 (if things play out in our favor).

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":3selj8n8 said:
Well they are already giving DK 10 plus yards of cushion, that will be exploited at some point.

At times but I also saw them playing him tight on the line and he had a difficult time getting off. All the potential but he's got a lot to learn.

chris98251

Reaction score
BigMeach":5986cs66 said:
It's just nice to see the potential of having a couple really good tall receivers. So hard for us to even find one, now we're looking at 2 (if things play out in our favor).

Yeah ten years looking for the next Mike Williams and they may have two that are much faster now. With the difficulty finding one I don't think either gets away if they improve and keep performing.

John63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2ynk1v7n said:
chris98251":2ynk1v7n said:

At times but I also saw them playing him tight on the line and he had a difficult time getting off. All the potential but he's got a lot to learn.

WOW that is interesting and based on some of you words it appears you have your foil. I never saw him have any problem getting off the line Huard even said that last night as well. goodbye