When did you know it was over?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When the injury report came in on Earl. I know it's hard to blame losing one guy, but with the offense so inconsistent I figured we weren't going to be able to rely on them to overcome the problems that would cause on D.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Crizilla":2oknf4af said:
I know not everyone will believe me. But I was really worried after week 1. I knew the o line would need work and need it FAST.
If we're allowed to go back that far, I'll go even further: when we lost Okung and seemed comfortable replacing him with other team's rejects and low draft picks.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkboi":2em1dpw4 said:
I knew it was over when we didn't take a timeout with 3 timeouts remaining and 48 seconds on the clock to end the 1st Half.... I thought somehow we knew we were defeated and threw the towel in at that time... I totally disagreed with not at least trying to move the ball down the field for at least a Field Goal Attempt... Right then I thought something is really wrong...

When they scored the on the 99 yard drive to make it 19-10.

Honestly, it was over then.

nash72

Reaction score
OpHawk":2gjggis8 said:
The Tampa Bay game. That's when I knew this team wasn't going anywhere.

Yep. This team isn't the same. Not only did we get blown out for the first time in the Pete/Wilson era, we got blown out twice and one of them was a playoff game. I also had no faith in the team making any kind of comebacks this season like they normally did.

Hawks46

Reaction score
When Atlanta scored on 4 possessions in a row after that safety. Our offense isn't good enough to win a track meet.

As for when I knew we weren't making the SB? That was when Thomas got hurt. Terrel is just had in every phase of his game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":2g84wn25 said:
When Hester's 90-yard return was called back, pinning us at the 5, and then the safety.

That series of events was the end of the game for the Seahawks.

Yep.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I knew we were in trouble When we lost to the Rams AGAIN on the road I think that was week 2.

I knew it was OVER when we lost to Tampa Bay.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I had my concerns after the first Arizona game. That was one of the worst football games I have seen. Usually if its a bad game at least one team does something well. I had hoped that we would catch fire at the end of the season, I think most did. Thought maybe we were even clicking after Detroit too.

I felt like this team was like the kid expecting As on his test but didn't read the chapters in the book.

This game, yeah, at the safety.

HawksnDawgs35

Reaction score
When they didn't run Marshawn at the one yard line.

I believe this team is fractured. No one is going to say it out loud, but I'm sure most of the defensive players from XLIX hold Bevell responsible for the fact that they don't have two rings.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":26p6m61d said:
I assume Pete was worried about Atlanta getting the ball back and scoring again, but given they were already ahead and would get another possession to start the 2nd half, it was no time to play conservative.
Yep...Go For The Gusto---Or Go Home, I had that feeling that they were playing those last minutes of the first half with some Quit in their demeanor.
Second half?, they played like they just wanted to get it all over with and get the hell out of there.
Needs to be some serious soul searching, and some bait to cut.

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawksnDawgs35":3hthlnxb said:

I believe this team is fractured. No one is going to say it out loud, but I'm sure most of the defensive players from XLIX hold Bevell responsible for the fact that they don't have two rings.

The same defense that gave up 30 points to that pats team? THAT is why we lost that game, not because of one offensive call.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
HawksnDawgs35":39uhzbum said:

This indeed is when the slide began and the overall philosophy of Pete came into question.

As for today, when Pete elected not to try to score with 53 seconds and 3 timeouts, knowing Atl was getting the ball to start the 3rd. Totally gutless and lacked logic trying not to score down by 9.

Latest posts