What's your Food, Beverage & Jersey choice today?

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":wu7giw1u said:
As many of you know, in past seasons I've produced a game-day topic to highlight my Food, Beverage, and Jersey choices for the games. Last year, I encouraged others to do so in instances when I was unable to. Folks like Pmed and Sailor (and others) have come to the rescue, and I'd like to think we've got a cool little tradition going with it.

Since it seems our good friend Rainger has already begun a topic on the subject, I'll forego that post for today, (and with permission) will make a few alterations to add those historic components to his topic. Thanks Rainger!!!

That said, I think it would be awesome if any of you that are early birds out there, and you have some interesting plans for your game-day fare on lock, go ahead and take the driver's seat. Have fun with it. Let's make this something any of you that would like to, starts.

Due to the fact my act is far from being together this morning, here's mine:

Food:
- Fresh "I haven't figured it out yet", smothered in "I don't really know", and served over a bed of "we'll figure it out at some point". Delicious!

Beverage:
- Ice cold, roasted barley, hop, and malt beverage, carbonated and possibly distilled. Love that stuff.

Jersey:
- Whatever is left in my closet after having given pretty much all of my jerseys away to kind and deserving 12's. I do see a #30 jersey in there with my name on it though... :mrgreen:

Enjoy the game everybody, and...

Go Hawks!!!

:icon_new:
Thanks Houston, didn't try to usurp your weekly post, in fact I totally forgot about your posts from last year. I would love to merely participate in your thread next week. I didn't add that I will be wearing my 12 home jersey as well. Thanks again for improving my post. Now that I have posted this it is almost 8am time to open the champagne! :thirishdrinkers: Go Hawks!!

45Hawker

Reaction score
Drink/Food: Coors Light, chicken wings, Cheez-Its.

Jersey: Lynch home (with authentic Easley on standby if we need a rally)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'll be watching whenever NFL Game Pass puts up the rebroadcast. Some time soon after the game ends, right? In any case, it'll be late enough for proper football fixins.

Food:
- Baked chicken wings; half sweet barbecue and half fiery hot. Served with homemade garlic fries, vegetables with artichoke dip, and chips and salsa.

Beverage:
- Ice cold Roscoe's Pale Ale. Hoppy and crisp.

Jersey:
- Starting the year out right with #25 Richard Sherman. Here's to defensive domination today, mates, and go Hawks!

:thirishdrinkers:

slargent4ever

Reaction score
Smoking a breakfast fatty loaf. 4lbs of sausage wrapped in bacon, filled with pulled pork, hard boiled eggs, peppers, onions, and pepper jack cheese. Washing it down with red beers. Wearing my custom personalized jersey.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Half a bowl of HG White Widow. Tuber Tonic, cereal, meds., BloodyMary w/lemon, chips and salsa, and other stuff.

Go 'Hawks!!!! :les:

pmedic920

Reaction score
rainger":1s46xhoe said:
Thanks Houston, didn't try to usurp your weekly post, in fact I totally forgot about your posts from last year. I would love to merely participate in your thread next week. I didn't add that I will be wearing my 12 home jersey as well. Thanks again for improving my post. Now that I have posted this it is almost 8am time to open the champagne! :thirishdrinkers: Go Hawks!!

Actually, HoustonHawk didn't do it last year, it was myself.
Scott passed the torch the previous season.
At any rate, what is important, is that this thread gets done every week.

Rainger, You did a great job here, if you would like to assume the responsibility for the 2015 season, it's all yours. I'd be happy have you do it.

I thought I was going to have to work a 12 hr overtime shift tonight but that fell through, so on the way home I picked up a couple racks of baby back ribs. They have been rubbed down with olive oil and my made from scratch "dry rib rub" (say that 3 times fast") they are heading to the grill/smoker as soon as I hit submit.
Sides will be Hand dipped onion rings and corn on the cob that I'll toss on the grill just before the ribs finish.
They won't be done till well after the game, so we will be snacking on the standard stuff till then.

I'll be sporting my Home # 12

And drinking my 6 pack of Stone brewery's,Saison.
Actually it's a 5 pack, I drank one the other night.

I have Two 12 flags aflyin' in a beautiful Texas breeze. 1 in the front, 1 in the back.
GoHawks.

Edit: for pix.
6e0188aaf7276e3c4a80bf770eac0227.jpg

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OrFan":1fys6sgv said:
Coffee and go to work.

With the exception of going to one game last year, I haven't had a Sunday off for almost two years.
My sympathies my friend. I worked Sundays for 20 or so years and hated it.

Latest posts