Hawkfish

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch: Cut
Jimmy Graham: Get him ready for next season
Kam Chancellor: Trade/Cut
Michael Bennet: Pay him more money

irfuben32

Reaction score
Cut Lynch: I hate to do it. He should have gone out with a couple rings and a Superbowl MVP but it didn't happen. The Beast Era is over.

Cut Graham: I have zero problem with this one. If they aren't going to use him like NO then he isn't that valuable. I want that 9 million to retain some guys and improve that Oline

Keep Kam: Unless they find something medically wrong with him. I think he was a bit out of shape and not as hungry. I am willing to take the chance that he comes back next year better prepared.

KEEP BENNETT: Dudes a beast and his contract is a steal.

Try and retain Lane for sure

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
OkieHawk":339rz395 said:
farhat":339rz395 said:
Players Under Contract to Keep an Eye On

I will put the players I believe will be seriously evaluated and the cap savings if we release or trade them:

Marshawn Lynch: $6.5 Million
Jimmy Graham: $9 Million
Kam Chancellor: $4.1 Million
Michael Bennet: $3 Million

Lynch: Keep him if he wants to stay, I think he'd be a good bargain as insurance for Rawls getting hurt.
Graham: Keep. Without Lynch Graham would be a monster on our quick hitting passing game.
Kam: Trade. I love Kam, but his whole situation was detrimental IMO and his play this year wasn't stellar.
Bennet: Keep. I really shouldn't have to say why since he's one of the top D lineman in the league, and he's on the cheap.

Things I would do besides that, fire Bevell. The scripted plays are getting too annoying, and his inability to adapt in some crucial games has cost us, Carolina is proof of that.

Concentrate on the O-line. We need to fix that, like yesterday. If need be use Kam and Graham as trade bait for some good OL help. Russ can't keep getting beat up like that without getting put on IR at some point, it's insane.

Lynch is not a bargain. Schneider has already said that they need to rework his deal if he decides to come back. I really hope he doesn't replay the yearly drama, when Marshawn changes to Marsha by playing hard to get. The Hawks will not chase him this time. If he doesn't communicate by the time the combine starts, they need to cut the line. Enough of the Favre-like nonsense.

Boom84

Reaction score
Lynch is the obvious one to depart via release or retirement.

I would have a conversation with Chancellor and his representatives about playing out this contract with the possibility of a rework in the final year of it. Should they balk, I would seek a trade.

Next, I'd have a similar conversation with Bennett, but try to shift any money forward I can. I would not trade Bennett under any circumstances as he's too productive, too versatile, and handled his contract displeasure the proper way this offseason coming into camp in shape and again delivering a highly productive year. If it came to it, I would rework with years left only to maintain continuity and provide anyone else on the team a positive example of how to address a contract issue.

Now with Graham, 9 million is a might high number for a player who again is an explosive receiving target, but not the most willing or physical blocker in the run game. My personal belief is the team needs to get back to being the physical group that pushed teams around and went toe-to-toe with the 49ers equally physical group under Harbaugh. That has me wanting to explore if I can find a player who might be more well rounded who can bring a more physical element to the position. Possibly I could explore the draft or a trade for someone like Heath Miller, Scott Chandler, or even Jason Witten. So not trashing this player, I would look to more economical alternatives as saving some if not all of Graham's 9 million dollar salary can help me fill other holes on the team.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
For reals?? I'd be like,

1339131620 richbitchhp4

[mods. sorry if language is not acceptable. if needed please remove and just insert
something like 'heck, yeah, guys! We're gonna win the Superbowl!' thanks. ]

byau

Reaction score
farhat":3ij804lv said:
Players Under Contract to Keep an Eye On

I will put the players I believe will be seriously evaluated and the cap savings if we release or trade them:

Marshawn Lynch: $6.5 Million
Jimmy Graham: $9 Million
Kam Chancellor: $4.1 Million
Michael Bennet: $3 Million

Good question.

LYNCH: Gone. I believe Lynch is gone unless he wants to rework a deal. I can't see that happening, but who knows, Lynch is his own character. At his current salary, he is released

GRAHAM: Keep him. Also would love if he will re-work his salary, not sure that happens. Yes there's the question of injury, that's my main concern because this is one that is difficult to get back from. But you do not get a player like this every day. He's one of a kind talent. Would love to see him and Wilson have another year of working together. I would take that risk.

CHANCELLOR: Gone. I don't think you see him here anymore unfortunately. Can't keep him, because if he did stay, I'm not paying him more which means whatever distraction he was last year, it's more this year. While even in a down year for Chancellor, you still won't find many better at that position. But as we've found distractions can be even more poisonous. Which means getting rid of him. In trade, would be surprised if we got a 4th rounder. But who knows, maybe JS works some magic and gets something amazing in return similar to the Graham/Unger trade.

BENNETT: Keep him. I love Wiman's idea of approaching Bennett and paying him. Seahawks do it on their terms, not the players' terms. We definitely have to keep him. Bennett was smart, make the noise early and then shut up and play your butt off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
byau":1uk2lax6 said:
CHANCELLOR: Gone. I don't think you see him here anymore unfortunately. Can't keep him, because if he did stay, I'm not paying him more which means whatever distraction he was last year, it's more this year. While even in a down year for Chancellor, you still won't find many better at that position. But as we've found distractions can be even more poisonous. Which means getting rid of him. In trade, would be surprised if we got a 4th rounder. But who knows, maybe JS works some magic and gets something amazing in return similar to the Graham/Unger trade.

I'd be OK with bringing Kam back for 4M next year, at least through camp to find out if his diminished play was due to the holdout and not being content with his contract over he just can't run and hit like he used to.

The issue with Kam is will he be a pain in the ass again like last offseason. Because even though he didn't play particularly well, that's a very possible distraction again.

My hunch is John and Pete are going to get that answer pretty quick. They're going to talk to Kam, and if he's still wanting a new deal? Traded or cut.

Largent80

Reaction score
No, I'm not the G.M. (see my paycheck). But if I were, Okung and Sweezy are gone. I sign Lane, I cut Lynch. I give Bennett a performance enhancement raise, I draft o line and get a f.a. left tackle.

firebee

Reaction score
I'm not resigning Okung... At the 7-8 million he's likely to ask for, you could get 2 younger semi-proven linemen like Ben Ilajana, Mike Adams or Keneche Osemele for the same price... if not less. I think letting Okung go makes a statement about what's expected from the offensive line. I'd also rather see us go after 2 younger semi-proven guys and let them slug it out for the start than spend big on one "big name" player that may or may not work well blocking for a scrambling QB like Wilson.

I release Jimmy Graham - We have Willson, who is very serviceable as a starting TE for us. You have a bunch of younger guys in free agency like Dwayne Allen, Gresham, Donnell, Paulsen and Ladarius Green that could be brought in for a fraction of the price and may be a better fit for our offense as blocking/receiving TEs. Under the circumstances, I just can't justify keeping Graham at his cost.

I renegotiate Lynch to a 1 year deal at 4 million dollars with light duty clauses in the contract. Rawls is our starter and we pick up a backup. We basically keep Lynch on as an active RB coach and 3rd option that can interject himself sparingly on a situational basis vs. having him as a starter and letting his status for a game be a distraction. If we release him, he's due 5 million in guaranteed money, so we'd clear an extra million by renegotiating him to him a 4 million dollar contract on the year and he gets another shot at a Super Bowl Ring. It's a win-win situation for both sides. We'd ultimately clear a little over 7 million in cap by renegotiating vs. clearing a little over 6 in cap by releasing him.

Resign Lane, resign Irvin, renegotiate Bennett, renegotiate Baldwin and renegotiate Chancellor with the extra cap money cleared with Graham's release and Lynch's renegotiated contract. Then we're looking great with the rest of our cap money to bring in a number of studs on the offensive line and fill in at other positions.

firebee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":150w3ek9 said:
byau":150w3ek9 said:

I'd be OK with bringing Kam back for 4M next year, at least through camp to find out if his diminished play was due to the holdout and not being content with his contract over he just can't run and hit like he used to.

The issue with Kam is will he be a pain in the ass again like last offseason. Because even though he didn't play particularly well, that's a very possible distraction again.

My hunch is John and Pete are going to get that answer pretty quick. They're going to talk to Kam, and if he's still wanting a new deal? Traded or cut.

Kam's already due to make 6 million next year.. He'd laugh at your 4 million offer. He is underpaid. Even under his perceived diminishing play this year, other teams would happily pay him around 8 million a year on a 3-4 year contract. Eric Berry made 8 million last year... Eric Weddle made 10 million last year... To put things in perspective for some people in here... I'd take Kam over either of them. Renegotiate him to a 3 year deal that pays him around 8 million a year and quit screwing around. Their is no strong safety in the league that's made more big plays at clutch times than him. Also... If you don't pay him the money he deserves to get paid and try shortchanging him or trading him for nothing, you're sending a message to the rest of the team that you really don't want to send.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
firebee":3a2csci0 said:
Their is no strong safety in the league that's made more big plays at clutch times than him. Also... If you don't pay him the money he deserves to get paid and try shortchanging him or trading him for nothing, you're sending a message to the rest of the team that you really don't want to send.

He took a step back from that this year. He's still good, but this year's performance against good quarterbacks didn't do his position any favors.

firebee

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":qqrs9cy1 said:
firebee":qqrs9cy1 said:
Their is no strong safety in the league that's made more big plays at clutch times than him. Also... If you don't pay him the money he deserves to get paid and try shortchanging him or trading him for nothing, you're sending a message to the rest of the team that you really don't want to send.

He took a step back from that this year. He's still good, but this year's performance against good quarterbacks didn't do his position any favors.

Would you take Berry or Weddle over him??? or any Safety in the NFL for that matter?? I wouldn't, even in his off year like this year, he still played his position better than any other Safety could of. SImply put, their is nobody that can fill his role on this defense like he does. The difference between when Kam was on the field and one of our backups was on the field was a night and day difference. I think people would be foolish to write Kam off over last year and continue playing games with his contract. He's been underpaid and will be underpaid next year if his contract isn't renegotiated. JS and PC Need to take care of business and pay the man, so the LOB isn't the trainwreck it was last year when Kam was out. Pay him, get him into camp and get the LOB back.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
firebee":2v2co8so said:
MontanaHawk05":2v2co8so said:
firebee":2v2co8so said:

Would you take Berry or Weddle over him??? or any Safety in the NFL for that matter?? I wouldn't, even in his off year like this year, he still played his position better than any other Safety could of. SImply put, their is nobody that can fill his role on this defense like he does.

He really didn't. He actually gave up quite a few big plays this year, specifically in the playoffs, where he's always been known to do well.

A good strong safety worth $4-5 million? Yes. Top of the line? Can't agree after this year.

mrt144

Reaction score
firebee":3krqiq8o said:
I'm not resigning Okung... At the 7-8 million he's likely to ask for, you could get 2 younger semi-proven linemen like Ben Ilajana, Mike Adams or Keneche Osemele for the same price... if not less. I think letting Okung go makes a statement about what's expected from the offensive line. I'd also rather see us go after 2 younger semi-proven guys and let them slug it out for the start than spend big on one "big name" player that may or may not work well blocking for a scrambling QB like Wilson.

I release Jimmy Graham - We have Willson, who is very serviceable as a starting TE for us. You have a bunch of younger guys in free agency like Dwayne Allen, Gresham, Donnell, Paulsen and Ladarius Green that could be brought in for a fraction of the price and may be a better fit for our offense as blocking/receiving TEs. Under the circumstances, I just can't justify keeping Graham at his cost.

I renegotiate Lynch to a 1 year deal at 4 million dollars with light duty clauses in the contract. Rawls is our starter and we pick up a backup. We basically keep Lynch on as an active RB coach and 3rd option that can interject himself sparingly on a situational basis vs. having him as a starter and letting his status for a game be a distraction. If we release him, he's due 5 million in guaranteed money, so we'd clear an extra million by renegotiating him to him a 4 million dollar contract on the year and he gets another shot at a Super Bowl Ring. It's a win-win situation for both sides. We'd ultimately clear a little over 7 million in cap by renegotiating vs. clearing a little over 6 in cap by releasing him.

Resign Lane, resign Irvin, renegotiate Bennett, renegotiate Baldwin and renegotiate Chancellor with the extra cap money cleared with Graham's release and Lynch's renegotiated contract. Then we're looking great with the rest of our cap money to bring in a number of studs on the offensive line and fill in at other positions.

Lynch as 3rd down back under that. Get my fainting couch, the vapors, the vapors!

firebee

Reaction score
mrt144":2q3i1bje said:
firebee":2q3i1bje said:

Lynch as 3rd down back under that. Get my fainting couch, the vapors, the vapors!

I know 4 million is a lot for a 3rd down back, but if we release him outright, he's due 5 million in guaranteed money, which means we'd essentially be paying him 5 million to walk. Saving a million and keeping him on as a 3rd Option/RB Coach is likely the best scenario I can see happening if he doesn't retire and we can't land a trade. It also seems l remember that he has a no trade clause in his contract... not positive on that, but it seems like I remember a no trade clause being a part of the deal, which means we could only trade him to a team he'd be willing to go to... really limiting trade options. The Raiders have Murray, so they're not likely to give up much for Lynch.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What would I do?

Marshawn Lynch: $6.5 Million ? I'd trade him for whatever the market will bear, or cut him as post June 1st cut. In doing so I'd be respectful and thankful for his contributions here. I do think he's done or close to being done as a top level RB, the cliff is very steep at his age for RBs, especially one with as much mileage as he has got. As a post June 1 cut the dead money hit of $5 mil would be spread over 2 seasons at $2.5 mil/yr.

Jimmy Graham: $9 Million ? I'd redo his deal to make it cap friendlier and keep him. This could free up some cap to allocate to another deserving player. Graham will recover from his knee issue and be a big part of the O going forward.

Kam Chancellor: $4.1 Million ? he needs to know his deal is his deal and there won't be any new money forthcoming until at least after this next season. If he complains I'd trade him to an AFC team.

Michael Bennett: $3 Million ? He's proven he's underpaid and I'd redo his deal.

Baldwin? Redo his deal he only has 1 year to go, he's a high quality WR.

Kearse? He is not a priority. Baldwin 1st year type money on his present deal if he wants to stay and no more as he is now a #3 or #4 WR.

Irvin? Let him shop make a competitive but a lower offer than the market, be prepared to see him leave.

Okung? Let him shop the market make an offer we think is reasonable and be prepared to see him leave. I'd be looking at trades and the draft for a replacement.

Sweezy? Offer a 2 year low cap deal to see if his pass protection skill improves and/or let him shop the market and be prepared to see him go.

Mebane? Make offer around $3.5-4.5 mill that is lower than his present cap number or let him leave if he wants more.

Ryan? Keep at close to present salary of $1.5 plus incentives based upon lowering return yardage on punts.

T. Jackson? Let him go, draft a rookie or bring back BJ Daniels if he's available. Daniel is the only QB I feel can run things as well as RW.

F Jackson? make vet min offer

Morgan? Let him shop the market, offer to match his present deal. Be prepared to see him leave.

Dobbs? Offer vet min deal.

Jeanpierre? Offer vet min deal.

Coffman? Offer vet min deal.

Lockette? It will depend on his health. Vet min. offer or RFR RFA tender.

Rubin? Try to keep at around $3.0 mill., be prepared to see him leave.

Shead? If he is an ERFA tender the contract appropriate, otherwise if a RFA some care will need to be taken with him as he is an experienced player valuable on ST and as both a backup CB and S.

McCoy? Vet min offer, he needs to prove he can stay healthy and his hands haven't turned to stone.

Bryce Brown? His contract depends upon what happens with Michael.

Michael? Make original round tender, then negotiate a team friendly deal.

Moody? Depends upon what happens with all the other ST players.

Lane? Make him a 2 year offer at a low cap number, try to keep, but be prepared to deal with the reality that he will get paid elsewhere.

Lewis? RFR offer as he was undrafted, and be prepared to see him leave.

Terrell? Tender as ERFA.

Francis? Tender as ERFA.

Bailey? It depends upon the plan for the draft and what happens at LT tender him as a RFA with a RFR offer. if the team needed to keep him he'd command a $2.35 mil 2nd rd tender.

Seisay? Tender as ERFA or lose the 6th rd pick given for him.

Burley? Tender as ERFA or lose the 6th rd pick given for him.

Helfet? Tender as ERFA.

Pinkins? Tender as ERFA.

Williams? Tender as ERFA.

Clearly all these things can't happen but it is a starting point to keep the band together. I expect some significant OLine changes.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Let Beast go unless he'll take a significant pay cut.

I would've said keep Graham, but I'm now concerned about his health. I would let him go.

I would let Kam go unless he can take Irvin's position at his current salary.

Okung goodbye.

Sweezy goodbye

Irvin goodbye if we can replace him with Kam.

Renegotiate a deal for Bennet and Baldwin.

Keep Lane.

See if you can replace Ryan.

Would probably let Mebane walk and try to keep Rubin.

Want to see Glowinski start.

Let Clark compete with Avril for a starting spot

Draft a tight end who is a great blocker.

Replace Tarvaris with a draftee,

Let a draftee compete with Michael.

firebee

Reaction score
Alright.... You asked for it

Seahawks Salary Cap = 29,102,194

UFAs = Russell Okung, Brandon Mebane, Bruce Irvin, Ahtyba Rubin, Jermaine Kearse, JR Sweezy, Tarvaris Jackson, Jon Ryan, Michael Morgan, Jeremy Lane, Will Tukuafu, Demarcus Dobbs, Ricardo Lockette, Fred Jackson, Lemuel Jeanpierre, Anthony McCoy, Chase Coffman, Bryce Brown

RFAs = Alvin Bailey, Patrick Lewis, Derrick Coleman, Cooper Helfet, Nick Moody, Christine Michael

Renegotiate Marshawn Lynch to a 2 year deal
Year 1 – 2.5 Million Base, 1.5 Million Bonus; Year 2 – 2.5 Million Base, 1 Million Bonus
No Trade Clause and limited participation clauses. He's essentially an active RB Coach and a very limited situational back. Frees up 7.5 million in cap vs. releasing him, paying him 5 million and only freeing up 6.5 million in cap.
(Salary Cap = 36,602,194)

Release Jimmy Graham – He's due 9 million this year, none of it guaranteed. I think he's a great receiving weapon, but he's one dimensional, Luke Willson is solid and under the circumstances, I think 9 million would be better spent elsewhere. I just can't justify keeping Graham on at 9 mil. Under the circumstances. (Salary Cap = 45,602,194)

Renegotiate Michael Bennett – (4 Year Deal) A penalty clause that docks pay for every penalty he commits that leads to a 1st down by the opposing offense. No Trade Clause.
Year 1 – 6 Mil. Base, 3 Mil. Bonus; Year 2 – 6 Mil Base, 3 Mil Bonus,
Year 3 – 6 Mil Base, 2 Mil Bonus; Year 4 – 6 Mil Base, 1 Mil Bonus,
(Salary Cap = 43,602,194) we save 500,000 on the cap next year, It would be pointless to release him until the 3rd year of his contract because his guaranteed money would cancel out his Base salary and we wouldn't save anything, essentially guaranteeing him 9 million a year over the next two years + 3 Million guaranteed if we chose to release him in the 3rd year.

Renegotiate Doug Baldwin – (5 Year Deal) He's due to be a free agent after the 2016 season, so we're not likely to get him renegotiated to a shorter term contract. He's been durable as they come, tough and I see him producing at a high level for quite a few years. He's due 5.6 Mil next year.
Year 1 – 5 Mil Base, 2 Mil Bonus; Year 2 – 5 Mil Base, 2 Mil Bonus; Year 3 – 5 Mil Bonus, 2 Mil Base
Year 4 – 5 Mil Base, 1 Mil Bonus; Year 5 – 5 Mil Base, 1 Mil Bonus
(Salary Cap = 42,202,194)

Renegotiate Kam Chancellor – (3 Year Deal) – He's tied up on his contract through 2017. He's an 8 million dollar cap hit in 2017. Restructure with a performance based clause. Penalties for passing Tds by opponents, and a last year option to opt out of the contract.
Year 1 – 6M Base, 2.5M Bonus; Year 2 – 6M Base, 2M Bonus; Year 3 – 6M Base, 1M Bonus
(Salary Cap = 39,802,194) If he's seriously on the decline, we can clear 3 Mil on his release after next season. This is a your overall contributions and play have earned you top safety kind of money, but we can get rid of you if this last year wasn't a fluke year and a sign of things to come.

Resign Ahtyba Rubin – (3 Year Deal) – At 29 years of age, I'm still wary, so a 4-5 year deal just doesn't seem like a smart idea based on 1 year performance for us. I think you need a body of work to work with before you commit huge money or long contracts to a player.
Year 1 – 2.5M Base, 1M Bonus; Year 2 – 3M Base, 500K Bonus; Year 3 – 2.5M Base, 500K Bonus
(Salary Cap = 36,802,194)

Resign Jeremy Lane – (5 Year Deal) – He's still really young at 25, he's been in our system for 4 years and he plays his role extremely well. Get him locked up with the LOB long-term and solidify it. I'd prefer we don't risk experimenting with another unknown like we did Williams. Lesson learned. Give him an option to back out in the last year, so he can make another run at a contract in FA if he chooses to when he's 29. I think this would be the ideal combination of guaranteed money and salary to keep him in Seattle. Overall, doesn't knock down as much as Williams or Maxwell did, but he's guaranteed more and is guaranteed to be in Seattle for, at least, another 3 years before he'd realistically become releasable.
Year 1 – 3M Base, 1.5M Bonus; Year 2 – 3M Base, 1.5M Bonus; Year 3 – 3M Base, 1M Bonus;
Year 4 – 3M Base, 1M Bonus; Year 5 – 3M Base, 1M Bonus
(Salary Cap = 32,302,194)

Resign Brandon Mebane – (3 Year Deal) – Give him the opportunity to finish it out. He's been a cog in our defense and he's been consistent year in and year out. I think a lot of people vastly underestimate him because he doesn't put up huge statistics, but he mans the middle and while Rubin had a good year last year, it was only a year on a prove-it contract. Mebane is reliable and has been key to what our defense does up front.
Year 1 – 3M Base, 1.5M Bonus; Year 2 – 3M Base, 1.5M Bonus; Year 3 – 3M Base, 500K Bonus
(Salary Cap = 27,802,194)

Resign JR Sweezy – (2 Year Deal) Option on last year of contract. Still a work in progress, gets a little more on a short contract to prove he can turn the corner and negotiate for a bigger contract in the near future if he rounds out his game.
Year 1 – 1.5M Base, 300K Bonus; Year 2 – 1.5M, 200K Bonus
(Salary Cap = 26,002,194)

Resign Jon Ryan – (5 Year Deal) Their just isn't any other Punter like him. Statistically one of the best punters in the league and that's not even taking his physicality and toughness into consideration. He belongs in a Seahawk uniform. The offer would guarantee him a lot more, but would keep him at about the same overall pay as the last few years.
Year 1 – 1.2M Base, 400K Bonus; Year 2 – 1.2M Base, 400K Bonus; Year 3 – 1.2M Base, 400K Bonus
Year 4 – 1.4M Base, 100K Bonus; Year 5 – 1.5M Base
(Salary Cap = 24,502,194)

Sign Zach Line – (5 Year Deal) Young and he's a monster in just about every aspect of the game, and I'm still bitter about the poison pill contract Minny pulled with Hutchinson, so stealing Zach Line would make me that much happier and he is legitimately a much better FB than Coleman IMO.
Year 1 – 1.2M Base, 300K Bonus, Year 2 – 1.2M Base, 300K Bonus; Year 3 – 1.2M Base, 300K Bonus
Year 4 – 1.5M Base, 100K Bonus, Year 5 – 1.5M Base, 100K Bonus
(Salary Cap = 23,002,194)

Sign Nigel Bradham – (4 Year Deal) My gut feeling says Irvin is going to end up in Atlanta. Enter Nigel Bradham, a guy that's been doing well for the Bills and, as Lynch eluded to, who wants to play for the Bills in Buffalo? They're a great farm league team for the rest of the NFL and Bradham has done pretty well there. I think he'd fit in well with our linebacking corp. Danny Trevathan is another intriguing option, but I think he's going to be in high demand with the Broncos Defense in consideration.
Year 1 – 2M Base, 1M Bonus; Year 2 - 2.5M Base, 1M Bonus;
Year 3 - 3M Base, 500K Bonus; Year 4 – 3M Base
(Salary Cap = 20,002,194)

Sign Chris Hairston – (3 Year Deal) Okung is gone, so let's address the OT position. Hairston has experience with some spot starts in the NFL at LT, he's big and physical, he's young, he's had experience blocking for Manuel when he was in Buffalo, so he's familiar with blocking for a scrambling QB and he's been durable so far. No major injury concerns I'm aware of.
Year 1 – 1.5M Base, 750K Bonus; Year 2 – 2M Base, 500K Bonus; Year 3 – 2M Base, 250K Bonus
(Salary Cap – 18,752,194)

Sign Ben Ijalana – (3 Year Deal) Another young guy with tons of upside that can compete for the start at LT. Has been stuck behind Ferguson in NY on the depth chart. Landed on the PUP this year, so that needs to be checked out. Still love the upside with this guy. Had to block for Geno Smith in camp, so he should also be a little familiar with blocking for a scrambling QB.
Year 1 – 1.5M Base, 500K Bonus; Year 2 – 2M Base, 500K Bonus;
Year 3 – 2.5M Base
(Salary Cap – 16,752,194)

Sign Tyler Polumbus – (4 Year Deal) He's been here before, he was versatile and somewhat efficient for the most part when he was plugged in at whatever position. He's on the older end, but his experience and familiarity with our schemes is valuable. With, most likely, a lot of young guys being brought in to compete on the line, having someone that can help them along with the schemes would help in itself.
Year 1 – 1M Base, 500K Bonus; Year 2 – 1M Base, 250K Bonus, Year 3 – 1M Base, 250K Bonus
Year 4 – 1M Base
(Salary Cap – 15,552,194)

Sign Senio Kelemete – (3 Year Deal) A young Washington native that's fared relatively well in spot duty for the Saints. I like bringing him in to compete for the start at guard here.
Year 1 – 1M Base, 250K Bonus; Year 2 – 1M Base, 250K Bonus; Year 3 – 1.5M Base

Sign Stefen Wisniewski – (5 Year Deal) He's just spent a number of years with Bradley in Jacksonville. Theoretically, a lot of the same terminology and schemes are probably getting used in Jacksonville under Bradley as here. Jacksonville's line did pretty damn good this year. Thank you for grooming our next Center Gus.
Year 1 – 3M Base, 1.5M Bonus, Year 2 – 3.5M Base, 1M Bonus, Year 3 – 3.5M Base, 1M Bonus
Year 4 – 4M Base, 1M Bonus; Year 5 – 4M Base, 500K Bonus

(Salary Cap – 11,002,194 left)

The rest goes to the draft, matching RFA offers on players we want to keep, like Shead, Michael, Helfet and Lewis; and signing lower tier FAs we want to keep around like Coffman and Morgan.
Maybe resign Kearse at a bargain or sign another receiver that wants a shot at playing a huge part on a team that has a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl, like Travis Benjamin, Marvin Jones, Muhammad Sanu, Rueben Randle... Alshon Jeffery maybe? Not a good year for Kearse to try holding the Hawks over a barrel. Too many receivers that have, pretty much, the same skillset as him.

Latest posts