What does it take to get Bevell fired?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2drwtgb9 said:
Bevel is the worst red zone OC in the nfl. 1st and goal at the 4 yard line and he proceeds to call 3 straight pass plays. All incompletions. Touchdown instead of settling for fg that drive, the Seahawks win. The Seahawks were in fg range on the last drive. Pathetic red zone play calling again so far this season.

I don't have a problem with him calling pass plays considering we struggled running the ball all day. What I have a problem with were the plays he called. I told chat once we got to the four that we would probably kick a fg and what do you know? We did! I blame one of those plays on no one getting open and Russell not having a safety valve but other than that, utter trash.

chris98251

Reaction score
It took a back that could get yards on his own and break first contact tackles in the backfield for Bevell to have success, we need a traditional blocking system for our back to succeed, as of today that isn't something we can count on. Since Bevell and Cable co OC and Bevell calls the plays on game days it is on their shoulders to coach up or adapt to our current talent.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":3dgtf6x1 said:
Bevell's scheme is what it is regardless of personnel problems it seems. He's didn't seem adaptive at all to what was obvious.
Well, look at it this way, the Defensive Coordinators don't have to worry about being creative against Bevell, because he only seems to have one flavor to serve up.......... VANILLA.
Hey Bevell?, try throwing some CHOCOLATE at them for a change, it might just surprise the hell out of them.
Shit, I was calling the plays BEFORE they even snapped the ball, and my Wife asked, "How are you doing that", I told her that all I had to do was empty my mind out, and it would come to me......Probably how Bevel does it too.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He really isn't intelligent or competent enough to do that.

Bevell relies on Wilson to bail him out with hero plays. Unfortunately an injured Wilson means no bail outs.

summesm

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":cqsb5u5y said:
I truly believe Bevell is holding back what could be a historically great team.

I'm also not as convinced we will win more than one superb owl with PC at the helm.

I do believe Russell will win another one but it may not be with PC.

Calm down I love PC, just not a fan of him taking the fall for other coaches. If he's all about competition why doesn't it apply to the coaches under him as well. Seems like a double standard to me.
:ditto:

djb28

Reaction score
I bet that Bevels ears are ringing so bad right now he thinks he has Tinnitus.

Hendo66

Reaction score
It's time.
Through all the trials and tribs we still have a crap OC calling the plays.
At some point you would hope he started to evolve with the times, no such luck.
PC/JS need to step up and own this. Far lesser teams can move the ball at ease compared to the Hawks and that is a shame.
With the recent history of these two teams one would think PC would have his shit together and make sure we were prepared.
3 points! WTF? Punked again by the Rams.
Unacceptable.
So it is time! To make some changes before it is too late.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":rmcoa5ed said:
It took a back that could get yards on his own and break first contact tackles in the backfield for Bevell to have success, we need a traditional blocking system for our back to succeed, as of today that isn't something we can count on. Since Bevell and Cable co OC and Bevell calls the plays on game days it is on their shoulders to coach up or adapt to our current talent.
This, this and freaking THIS!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":2jxhgwvx said:
.......Seattle, cannot make it to the Super Bowl without home-field advantage. And you can't win home-field advantage by squandering winnable games during the regular season. It's as simple as that.
This, this and THIS! Today was exactly that, a very winnable game squandered.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":150zssu5 said:
I blame Bevel. But I'm also sick of Wison waiting until there are only 3 minutes left in the game to be great.

It's as if he's trying to recapture the magic of the Green Bay playoff game. Enough already! Be great for 4 quarters!

He has to stick with the gameplan. Only in that final minutes does he say screw the gameplan and start calling audibles. People keep thinking the players are to blame for slow starts, it is the coaches. Sure, mistakes are made, penalties commited that back us up, but we have the talent to overcome that. We don't have the talent to overcome a gameplan conceived by a monkey in the last 4 minutes. This problem starts at the top.