What does a Hawk say......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":36g9mo14 said:
I don't give a rat's behind who the commander in chief is or what the orders are.
I've got mad respect for THE TROOPS.
Exactly. You can hate the war, but still love the warriors.
Had lots of family serving at different points in time, have a very healthy respect for military folks.

Erebus

Reaction score
USAF 2003 to present.

Been stationed at Elmendorf AFB AK, Buckley AFB CO, and now Fort Meade, MD.

Its great that the military has gained a lot of popularity since the Vietnam War, but the agency I work at is experiencing low public opinion.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I also got a lot of shit for painting my stock car (race car) red white and blue in the 80s. Apparently that's a sure sign of a dumb redneck...

US Navy nuclear reactor operator, back when Jimmy Carter was a president and not a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. My career has now come full circle, as I have worked for the Navy as a nuclear engineer since graduating from UW with my BSEE in '11. Never really envisioned being back in the Navy, especially at my age!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well today is the day.
Again I'd like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to ALL of our military folks. This includes current military, ex military, those that have passed on and are no longer with us, as well as the families of all above. Families of our troops make great sacrifices as well.
Today if you see a Vet, please make a point to tip your hat or shake a hand in thanks and respect.
Again, I say, THANK YOU.
:{)

OrFan

Reaction score
Nice pic and post.

Thanks to all my fellow vets.

U.S. Army 1982 - 1989. Some fun times, some not so much, I'll leave it at that.

Many friends who were thought to be trash because they served when a few traitors that were loud mouths caused such a stink in the 60's and 70's. To those who put up with that, an extra salute.

I learned to love Honduras, and all of Central America during some of the not so fun times. I ended up buying a piece of property there a few years ago, and will end up retiring there eventually. Who would have thought that something bad would have ended up bringing along something I look forward to? Life is strange.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This 12 Hawk says Thanks!

It is good for us to remember all those who served to protect our liberty.

If it were not for the tough men and women who stand watch on the wall wherever that wall may be, freedom may not be something so easily taken for granted.

Hawks46

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1a5lqa3c said:
You're welcome. Woulda been nice to hear it in '79, but the Vietnam War was still too fresh I guess. I got a LOT of shit for joining up.

Yes, thank you. I served, but you guys ate a lot of shit that we didn't have to, and don't for a minute think we don't know who paved the way for us. After the 1st Gulf War, it wasn't a huge thing yet, but it got a lot better.