What an amazing win

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":288o1prs said:
Rat":288o1prs said:
Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

No, I'm talking about the 2010 game where they started Jay Cutler.

That was a helluva game. I remember the promise Okung showed in that game during his rookie year when he manhandled Julius Peppers.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":rprvzoky said:
I can agree that our road troubles might be somewhat overblown, but I don't know how anyone can say they're no big deal and act like they don't exist.

Easy: We faced all three division rivals on the road while Wilson was in training-wheels mode, and we allowed only 20, 19, and 13 points in those contests. Much easier wins if we had a developed offense, which we now have. We almost won all three right then.

Let's agree on "somewhat overblown". I'm not saying that our pass rush couldn't improve when we leave the Clink.

Claden

Reaction score
Good win and fun to watch. :D I know it's the jests but, still. Good way to go into the bye week.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Rat":daxe0y7j said:
MontanaHawk05":daxe0y7j said:
This team has won tough road games in Chicago and New York with far less talent than it has now.
Are you referring to the Chicago game where they were starting Caleb Hanie? Chicago looks much, much improved since then. They're shutting down a top 5 offense as I type this.

That "road monkey" is probably coming from the 1-3 road record, 6-14 since Carroll has been here. Hard to say it's not a significant problem.

Yep. That reality gets more out of focus, and understandably so, after another home win.

kearly

Reaction score
They beat Chicago in 2010 on the road- and that team went to the NFC Championship game. They beat the Giants in 2011, and they won the SB. I'm not really worried about this team winning on the road. They play better at home, but not that much better. Luck has been a huge factor in their road games so far this season. Turnovers and drops pretty much tell the whole story. And yet all four of the Seahawks road losses have been very close despite that. So I'm not worried.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
They just have to learn to finish these games out on the road like they have been doing at home (New England, Green Bay, Minnesota, and now the Jets). Instead of losing the game in the 4th like they have on the road, they need to start playing a complete 4th quarter. This is two weeks in a row now that they have done that, now let's keep doing it!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":j3yk5zls said:
Hasselbeck":j3yk5zls said:
Really.. this is what I expected to happen. Am I happy we won? Absolutely. But I also realize after the bye week.. we have two very big games that will define the rest of this season.

When this team can win a big road game, I'll be excited. Until then.. I'm held back in that department.

It must suck to be a fan when you cant get excited about blow out wins. I dont understand it.
This.

+1000