What am I missing here?

BamKam

Reaction score
So scoring 24 and 26 points on the 32nd and 21st respectively ranked defenses (By football outsiders) is this crazy unstoppable high octane offense - but scoring 23 points on both the 10th and 13th ranked overall defenses is a struggling unit that will ultimately be the downfall of the Super Bowl?

kidhawk

Reaction score
BamKam":n9i3uxbc said:
So scoring 24 and 26th respectfully on the 32nd and 21st ranked defenses (By football outsiders) is this crazy unstoppable high octane offense but scoring 23 on both the 10th and 13th ranked overall defenses by the same place is a struggling unit that will ultimately be the downfall of the Super Bowl?

I don't think you're missing anything. You've hit the nail on the head

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but could you be a tad more specific about your examples? Who did what against who and where?

OP
OP
B

BamKam

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3zo73zjm said:
I get what you are saying, but could you be a tad more specific about your examples? Who did what against who and where?

That is what the Broncos scored against the Bolts/Pats and the 2nd part is what the Seahawks scored against the Saints/49ers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He's talking about Denver vs. SD and NE. SD is a divisional rival, just like SF and ARI is for us. Familiarity with eachother makes it harder to move the ball on guys that know your tendencies.

Then us against NO and SF. Same thing; NO faced us once this year (as NE did with Denver) and SF is a divisional rival that knows us well.

The comparisons are actually really close. Denver and Seattle have both played one divisional rival in the playaffs, and one playoff team they've played once already this year. Both teams also had a bye.

We ran well against both defenses, and both defenses were higher ranked against the run than Denver's. Denver's run defense is also scewed by the amount of passing other teams have to do to catch up to them. Seattle will run the ball on Denver.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
BamKam":1vxh91zs said:
BlueTalon":1vxh91zs said:

That is what the Broncos scored against the Bolts/Pats and the 2nd part is what the Seahawks scored against the Saints/49ers.

You had a typo in there that was confusing, I think I cleared it up

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
My favorite Broncos posts so far have referenced the Seahawks being a lousy road team. LOL

CANHawk

Reaction score
OP, what you're missing is...

Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning......... :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :dummy:

drdiags

Reaction score
Style points.

One looks like a exciting, high octane sex machine. The other looks like plodding, old family car. The second one is probably safer and more reliable, but it just doesn't spark the imagination. America loves a winner, but they also want to be amazed and have their socks blown off. The first one delivers, the second won puts them into a coma.

Inspector

Reaction score
That's how it goes for a team in Southern Alaska.

We're going to run Denver over.

Axx

Reaction score
This is why DVOA > SKIP BRAINLESS

HeatEquation

Reaction score
This Broncos offense has been trending downward for a few weeks now, much like the 2007 Patriots offense trended downward towards the end of the season.