We're still kind of thin at OT

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
For the record - McQuistan was not good depth and was a bad player everywhere on the line he played. I think his only possible position that he would be average at was RG where we already had Sweezy.

Bowie looked great at RT and Breno, in addition to having some injury issues, was a very average lineman who was prone to penalties. I did not want to pay him.

I think our right side is average with some upside and LG is the only position up for grabs. We picked up a couple interior players to compete and I suspect a versatile OT will be taken in the first four rounds but offensive line is not dire.

Keep in mind, in those horrific games earlier in the season our starting left side of the line was McQuistan and Carpenter. That is just about the most horrible left side of the line one could imagine. Okung played injured the entire year as well. You could see his toe bother him in how he pass blocked. When everyone was there - in the Super Bowl - they looked fine. Even the NFCCC - they did well against a very tough defensive line.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3rm8ity8 said:
and whats the plan if Okung's toe still hurts next season?

I think Bailey or a rookie would appear to be the options, assuming they draft an OT. Or maybe they pickup one of the remaining washed up veterans to boost our depth . . . Charles Brown, Winston Justice, Levi Brown, Tyson Clabo, David Stewart, etc. on a one-year deal.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
then we need some plays designed to get the ball out of Russell's hands in less than 2 seconds.