Well it hurts a lot less than XL..

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I will be over this as quickly as the Atlanta loss from a couple years back. Especially cause we won a SB already with this group. We are young. Have a window of at least three more years and there is lots of great football in the future. Hopefully we can get another crack at it.

After XL, it was the culmination of the greatest season in Seahawks history with many older veterans playing significant parts to get us there. Also, having the refs play such a part made it much, much worse.

When we were robbed in that game, you could sense pretty quickly that we may not be back there for a long, long time. It was way more depressing.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
at least in xl blame was all on the refs...the blame in this one lies on our own team...nope this ones worse imo

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
My mind:

Kearse's miracle catch on the back: "Team of destiny!"

Beast plowing to the one-yard line: "We got this! We got this game!"

Russell throws pick: "There is no God, and I hate the United States of America."

I had my college Alma mater lose a shot at playing in the BCS Championship because our quarterback got cute and couldn't hold onto the ball. Still not over it. This hurts almost as much.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'm already mostly over it, honestly. Still don't understand the final playcall, but when all is said and done, our team was in its 2nd SB and had a chance to win right at the end. Usually, we take that chance and succeed. This time, we didn't.

We didn't lose to trick plays or to bad officiating. We lost to a dynastic team that played a very good game, and still needed a bad mistake by the Hawks to seal their win. They did what they needed to do, and at the end, we didn't. That's football, and I can deal with that.

I'll admit that I'm a little concerned about the relationships going forward between the team and Bevell. But there's a lot of time between now and next season for everyone to work on moving past that, however it happens. I'm hopeful that the team comes away from this game feeling like they did after Atlanta in 2012 - motivated to get back next year and finish the job.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'll probably get over this faster than XL for the reasons you stated, but this one feels much more like 'we should've had it' than XL did. XL always felt like we could've/should've won, but it was kept out of our reach the whole game.

This one we just have no one to blame but ourselves. The Patriots are a great team and played like it, and we didn't in the end. Hurts.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":3g50iyd6 said:
Disagree.

We had XL stolen from us, this game we gave away. This one hurts much worse, IMO

Oh, so you would rather the game was fixed against us from the beginning; to not have a chance even before we suited up? Yeah, you're right, I would MUCH prefer that over a hard-fought, entertaining contest. This may hurt a bit, but XL made me feel downright ill...and that feeling lingered for years. I seriously doubt this game will have such a lasting effect.

JonRud

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. XL was impossible to get over because it was stolen from us by the refs. they didn't even give us a chance to win. That pain lingered for a decade until last year when it got somewhat abated by XLVIII.

Last night was a very tough loss but there is nobody to blame but the coaches & players. We had terrible luck with injuries to Lane & Avril during the game. I can deal with this loss a whole lot easier than XL.

Plus there is a permanent Lombardi Trophy already in Seattle and that makes this a lot easier to deal with. No matter what happened yesterday the Seahawks have won a Super Bowl and that's what I always wanted them to do.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":wdww03e3 said:
I will be over this as quickly as the Atlanta loss from a couple years back. Especially cause we won a SB already with this group. We are young. Have a window of at least three more years and there is lots of great football in the future. Hopefully we can get another crack at it.

After XL, it was the culmination of the greatest season in Seahawks history with many older veterans playing significant parts to get us there. Also, having the refs play such a part made it much, much worse.

When we were robbed in that game, you could sense pretty quickly that we may not be back there for a long, long time. It was way more depressing.

This is a million times worse that SBXL

Decimation

Reaction score
Meh, I disagree with this.

When XL occurred at the time, I accepted the fact that we weren't going to win the game. It just didn't felt like our day.

This Super Bowl was the worst for me. We were dominating in the 3rd quarter and went up 24-14. My initial thoughts were we had this in the bag, and then everything started going their way after that big Kearse drop. Who knows how the game would have went if he caught that football.

Then that Kearse catch late in the game.. I felt like we had it at that point! That was an amazing catch. Then, instead of handing the ball off for the game winner, which I thought we would do, we pass it and we all know what happened from there.

This loss is sickening for me. It was such a tease and it felt like we were about to get our second ring and establish ourselves as a dynasty. Still love this team, but this will take awhile to get over and I refuse to watch replays of this Super Bowl.