Webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
To be fair, I think you got banned for saying "And if I'm talking out my ass, It's because I know it's the only way you'll understand".

You were baited, no doubt, but if a Niner fan in here with like 10 posts said something like that there's a good chance they'd be hit with the ban hammer as well.[/quote]

But that was the response to me being told I was talking out my ass. Yes I agree, that's the post that got me banned, and I also agree I was baited. Sometimes you have to bite. Even the things they said to me were mild, I thought we were having fun, they did not...lol

And yes my first post was out of anger, I'm over it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":ts0iqtoa said:
TAB420":ts0iqtoa said:
So you are saying that my reaction from getting banned should have baring on why I got banned? Read my comments, I posted, there copy and pasted from the webzone. If fact, I was answering a question posted by one of their regulars, they just didn't like my answer because it didn't involve me kissing a Niners hairy bean bag.

To be fair, I think you got banned for saying "And if I'm talking out my ass, It's because I know it's the only way you'll understand".

You were baited, no doubt, but if a Niner fan in here with like 10 posts said something like that there's a good chance they'd be hit with the ban hammer as well.

Ehh, I think the mods will at least take notice if anyone shows up to any rival team's fan board and their first post is about how much better their team is than the rival fans team.

Here I think the mods are more apt to let those types of posters just punch themselves out, or to get enjoyment out of watching as they're subjected to death by a thousand cuts.

There I think they they're more apt to just quickly and surgically prune from the heard, or to get enjoyment out of banning that type of poster quickly and laughing about it rather than spending a week watching everyone pummel him. I mean, that board has way too many posters as it is, it's not like they need any more or have any incentive to let those guys hang around to drive traffic.

Also worth saying that the quick ban isn't just about bans, it's very much a part of a larger philosophy about the role of moderators there, and them acting quickly and efficiently to move threads, lock redundant threads, and drop new threads about players into the pointlessly gargantuan multi-year threads that they seem to favor for some reason. (e.g. why there's one hulking Seahawks thread there, and tons of shorter 9ers threads on distinct 9ers related topics here).

It's just a more heavily moderated board, which could be a matter or preference, or could be an effect of its size.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":37x9b9tx said:

You were baited, no doubt, but if a Niner fan in here with like 10 posts said something like that there's a good chance they'd be hit with the ban hammer as well.

But that was the response to me being told I was talking out my ass. Yes I agree, that's the post that got me banned, and I also agree I was baited. Sometimes you have to bite. Even the things they said to me were mild, I thought we were having fun, they did not...lol

And yes my first post was out of anger, I'm over it.[/quote]

That's exactly why I said you were baited. Nature of the beast.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1a1x110y said:
Popey and Marvin getting on the same posting cycle... almost like women and their... well, you know.

Seriously Marv, I'm starting to picture this when you two post in the same threads at the same time lately. Should we be worried?

TOTAL RECALL KUATO

Genuine LOL. :D

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1o7riw6f said:
Popey and Marvin getting on the same posting cycle... almost like women and their... well, you know.

Seriously Marv, I'm starting to picture this when you two post in the same threads at the same time lately. Should we be worried?

TOTAL RECALL KUATO

Doesnt seem likely, what Whiner is likely to have an open mind?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":aat5l5og said:
Laloosh":aat5l5og said:

TOTAL RECALL KUATO

Genuine LOL. :D

Wait, which one is the tampon?

HAHA. Trick question. They both are.

RedAlice

Reaction score
None of this is funny.

Both sites need to GTFOIF

Chip doing his best job in his mind, or UK H fan doing his best in his mind: All are wrong.

We really need some Football soon.

At least it's better than STL/LA hell though. So, um, thank you?

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3kshdyfc said:
Marvin49":3kshdyfc said:
TAB420":3kshdyfc said:
So you are saying that my reaction from getting banned should have baring on why I got banned? Read my comments, I posted, there copy and pasted from the webzone. If fact, I was answering a question posted by one of their regulars, they just didn't like my answer because it didn't involve me kissing a Niners hairy bean bag.

Ehh, I think the mods will at least take notice if anyone shows up to any rival team's fan board and their first post is about how much better their team is than the rival fans team.

Here I think the mods are more apt to let those types of posters just punch themselves out, or to get enjoyment out of watching as they're subjected to death by a thousand cuts.

There I think they they're more apt to just quickly and surgically prune from the heard, or to get enjoyment out of banning that type of poster quickly and laughing about it rather than spending a week watching everyone pummel him. I mean, that board has way too many posters as it is, it's not like they need any more or have any incentive to let those guys hang around to drive traffic.

Also worth saying that the quick ban isn't just about bans, it's very much a part of a larger philosophy about the role of moderators there, and them acting quickly and efficiently to move threads, lock redundant threads, and drop new threads about players into the pointlessly gargantuan multi-year threads that they seem to favor for some reason. (e.g. why there's one hulking Seahawks thread there, and tons of shorter 9ers threads on distinct 9ers related topics here).

It's just a more heavily moderated board, which could be a matter or preference, or could be an effect of its size.

So your saying we don't do enough moderating and knee jerk reaction here? Will have to bring that up at the next staff meeting, never thought we were sluffing off but apparently we are :p

I'm sure the rest of our members agree with you.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
RedAlice":2xeearok said:
None of this is funny.

Both sites need to GTFOIF

Chip doing his best job in his mind, or UK H fan doing his best in his mind: All are wrong.

We really need some Football soon.

At least it's better than STL/LA hell though. So, um, thank you?

You had me until "Chip doing his best job"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just read the Jimmy Graham thread. Many laughs were had.

In typical Webzone fashion, most of those Niner fans are flippin clueless :lol: :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":og7vp0ws said:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
You had better send that VHS to Neon.
image: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/image ... /rulez.gif

@Chip:

Are you trying to have conversation in the NFL Talk forum? Or do you just want NIner suckups?
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... AVdRGR0.99

Not sure how he will respond, but I think one of the big (and not necessary) difs is that the Hawk forum allows and encourages discussion about other fb teams, while Chip is trying to be a thug like Hitler in his NFL forum.
You're a very solid opposing fan. If they are too stupid to see that, that's on them, their loss.

The denialzone is the toilet of all fan forums. Like others have said there are other 9'er forums where they are not as delusional.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2e2pegwo said:
RedAlice":2e2pegwo said:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
You had better send that VHS to Neon.
image: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/image ... /rulez.gif

@Chip:

Are you trying to have conversation in the NFL Talk forum? Or do you just want NIner suckups?
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... AVdRGR0.99

Not sure how he will respond, but I think one of the big (and not necessary) difs is that the Hawk forum allows and encourages discussion about other fb teams, while Chip is trying to be a thug like Hitler in his NFL forum.
You're a very solid opposing fan. If they are too stupid to see that, that's on them, their loss.

The denialzone is the toilet of all fan forums. Like others have said there are other 9'er forums where they are not as delusional.

We made up! I actually don't hate the Zone. And, contrary to many many many stated and over stated opinions about me: I Love and am hopelessly hapless in love w my Rams. I just also refuse to hate other teams in the NFC W.

I like to HATE where it is earned. Like Pats or such.

This is still the standard for NFL Nation talk. I wish and hope that one of the Rams boards would allow it. Not sure it will happen until they are winning again though. IF you base your internet enjoyment on the win of your team and the loss of other teams, then: well. then you are the kind of internet poster that I wish to not interact with.

Rams have some very very GOOD fans and posters. They also have a huge percentage of the just described.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice, I went to the Hawks game out at St. Louis when they fumbled on the 1 yard line on 4th down. The Rams fans were very cool to us. In fact, they pretty much all told us that people in St. Louis only care about the Baseball team.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12xgr0m7 said:
RedAlice, I went to the Hawks game out at St. Louis when they fumbled on the 1 yard line on 4th down. The Rams fans were very cool to us. In fact, they pretty much all told us that people in St. Louis only care about the Baseball team.

Yes, I have been there many times to see Rams play and me being me I always ask everyone everything and get a conversation going no matter where I am.

In STL, it's always what you just expressed.

I had a layover in STL about 2 weeks ago, drank and ate at a bar - asked all abut the Rams. Answer: We don't like the Rams who cares about a stadium for them. We are a baseball town, we like the Cardinals. Not making this up: is just a fact.

Been doing it for 3 years now.

STL Fans tell me I'm stupid, but that is my personal experience and it breaks my heart. I like the Rams more than almost everyone in STL except the fanatics.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I want to post this on every board. I am banned on some and hated on other Rams boards.

My crime: enjoying other NFC W teams and even rooting for them when not playing my Love. I REFUSE to be dictated to who I should hate.

All of you should take a week now, 7 days to stop hating on Webzone. Maybe they can be good.

They do have some good posters. Hell, even the STL weird board has some.

We need like a neutral zone thread. Homers stay home. Smart fans....come play: quote now on my WZ post:

OK, I will take back my one bad history statement becasue I can recognize when I am actually wrong. Sorry.

Attitude is kinda well, let's just say like someone who judges all by what he thinks with no opportunity for other to exist. That is a made up personal fictional person I am correlating you to. No history.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... b2wbttO.99

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":1zizbw2y said:
Popeyejones":1zizbw2y said:
Marvin49":1zizbw2y said:
TAB420":1zizbw2y said:

So your saying we don't do enough moderating and knee jerk reaction here? Will have to bring that up at the next staff meeting, never thought we were sluffing off but apparently we are :p

I'm sure the rest of our members agree with you.

Nah, I really like the modding style here and really dislike it there.

It's one of the major reasons why I post much more here.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
We made up! I actually don't hate the Zone. And, contrary to many many many stated and over stated opinions about me: I Love and am hopelessly hapless in love w my Rams. I just also refuse to hate other teams in the NFC W.

I like to HATE where it is earned. Like Pats or such.

This is still the standard for NFL Nation talk. I wish and hope that one of the Rams boards would allow it. Not sure it will happen until they are winning again though. IF you base your internet enjoyment on the win of your team and the loss of other teams, then: well. then you are the kind of internet poster that I wish to not interact with.

Rams have some very very GOOD fans and posters. They also have a huge percentage of the just described.[/quote]

You mean you apologized? You had nothing to apologize for.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
What's the normal ban time?

Last Post:Mar 12, 2015 at 8:14 AMPosts:120 (0.3 per day)
Warning:BANNED

I've been banned for 15 days.... :49ersmall:

Status
Not open for further replies.