We are spoiled .

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I live in Ohio, so there are browns fans everywhere. The browns haven't been good in forever, and their team always finds a way to lose a game. I went to the store in my seahawks gear and I saw a guy in a browns jersey. He said "tough loss today for the seahawks. How did you lose at home?" I then started complaining about how much the offense sucked and how our special teams was dysfunctional and how we were falling apart right before the playoffs. He just looked at me and said " you guys have 12 wins and a good team. Tons of other fanbases would kill to have a team that could win 12 games. Stop whining about one loss."

At first I was kind of offended, but on the way home I realized he was right. We have a great team and it will be great for years to come regardless of if we win the Super Bowl this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
12-3, playing for the #1 seed and the NFC West title on Sunday. Yet so many people act like they suck and/or the sky is falling.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't know that too many people here are worried about a single loss. Personally, and I don't think I am alone with this, I am concerned about certain trends that have followed us all season and are catching up to us. We aren't playing Houston, TB, STL and Carolina early in the season anymore where we could get away with playing like we did yesterday and win. We're only playing good teams that have learned how to win close games from here on out. I don't really care if fans of crappy teams are offended that we're worried - that just means we have high expectations. I'm worried because some of the flaws we could compensate for against weaker teams (or decent teams that hadn't quite put it together) are now being magnified against solid teams and it's cost us two of the last three games

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I saw this brought up previously, but did the niners team we best 42-13 last season look like a team that can make it to the Super Bowl? None of these games matter until the playoffs. How you play there is what's important

getnasty

Reaction score
Seattle sports fans are far from spoiled. Cleveland just has it worse then we do.

CANHawk

Reaction score
hear hear. Looking at some of us carry on, you'd think our history was something other than what it is. Like we have some kind of right to DEMAND better. If we beat the Rams on Sunday, we tie our best record in franchise history and seal up HFA. Last time we did that, we went to the Super Bowl. There's nothing too be overly gloomy about. Yeah, losing sucks. Losing in our house sucks, but IT HAPPENS! Teams drop games in the final weeks of the regular season and go on to win the Super Bowl ALL THE TIME!

So just chill. We still have the #1 D in the league. We're still #1 against the pass (in a passing league in a passing season). We still have TWO DPOY candidates. We still have 1st place in the division and we still have the inside track on HFA. Nothing to be down about.

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3jhwpyl5 said:
I don't know that too many people here are worried about a single loss. Personally, and I don't think I am alone with this, I am concerned about certain trends that have followed us all season and are catching up to us. We aren't playing Houston, TB, STL and Carolina early in the season anymore where we could get away with playing like we did yesterday and win. We're only playing good teams that have learned how to win close games from here on out. I don't really care if fans of crappy teams are offended that we're worried - that just means we have high expectations. I'm worried because some of the flaws we could compensate for against weaker teams (or decent teams that hadn't quite put it together) are now being magnified against solid teams and it's cost us two of the last three games

I've always thought this team in particular is strange, because they barely eek out a win against a subpar team, and then we destroy elite teams. Maybe they don't get as pumped or something, but whatever it is it seems to keep happening. It doesn't worry me though because as long as we win big games we will succeed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":26gb25gv said:
This. Damned good post man.

CANHawk

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":2g7kdoym said:
AbsolutNET":2g7kdoym said:

I've always thought this team in particular is strange, because they barely eek out a win against a subpar team, and then we destroy elite teams. Maybe they don't get as pumped or something, but whatever it is it seems to keep happening. It doesn't worry me though because as long as we win big games we will succeed.

I've thought that too. It's like they get some extra boost or something playing in big games or in primetime. They show up when it counts.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
CANHawk":1daka40k said:
seahawksfanatic000":1daka40k said:
AbsolutNET":1daka40k said:

I've thought that too. It's like they get some extra boost or something playing in big games or in primetime. They show up when it counts.

Clinching the division and the #1 seed isn't a big game? We've had two shots at the division and dropped them both.

So far, I'd argue the only elite team we've beaten is the Saints. I can't count Carolina in week 1 or SF week 2 - that may as well have been last season given how they are playing now. The playoffs are all about how a team is playing NOW, and right now the Hawks aren't giving me nearly as much confidence as they were a month ago.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksfanatic000":bf2wtlv7 said:
We have a great team and it will be great for years to come regardless of if we win the Super Bowl this year.

Correction, we have a GOOD team. GREAT teams win divisions and Championships.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Denver lost to San Diego last week. Is Denver done for the season? No.

Keep calm and carry on.

chawx

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2nm5rg30 said:
AbsolutNET":2nm5rg30 said:
This. Damned good post man.

Eh. it's not that good. It's just okay.

Here's the thing, this team plays with a lot of emotion and gets up for teams when it needs to, we've seen that all year and the year before and when we've needed to win, we've won every single time except once (in Atlanta last year). Is that a flaw that we ease up and don't play at our full-potential unless we have to? Of course it is! You'd love to see a NE Patriots-style of play where no matter who the opponent, you step on their necks and you step on it HARD, but this team isn't built like that just yet. A lot of these guys are young and cocky and need these slaps in the face to wake up and play with that chip-on-the-shoulder mentality that got them these 12 wins so far.

It's frustrating as all hell watching it from afar, because doubt and speculation creep in. But, since we won the Saints game, we haven't really HAD to win a game as bad as we've needed to this week, and that is what's been the problem. This team and our coaches seem to sleepwalk at times in games that don't mean a whole lot to us.

Now it means something. Now we have to win. Does anyone who's followed this team, week-by-week, play-by-play, second-by-second, really think we're going to lay an egg against the Rams next week? Seriously?

Games like the one next week are what this team is built for, they're going to lay down the hammer on St. Louis and it's going to be a bloodbath! We want that bye and division title MUCH more than the Rams want to play spoiler...like the great Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes used to say, "If you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me"

This team and Russell Wilson only know how to win when it's all on the line.

Greenhell

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":w1dy4g6j said:

Keep calm and carry on.

Way to put things in perspective. :th2thumbs:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hb01dc5 said:
12-3, playing for the #1 seed and the NFC West title on Sunday. Yet so many people act like they suck and/or the sky is falling.

Because they have lost 2 of their last 3 and the offense has looked like absolute crap.

If you can't see that the team is not playing at a Championship level, you're blind. And we are playing a very tough Rams team that hates us. There is a very real possibility that we may be a wildcard team.

From where we were sitting a few weeks ago when we could have wrapped up the division and a 1st round bye in SF, that sure feels like the sky is falling.

CANHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":bz4x5fgp said:
CANHawk":bz4x5fgp said:
seahawksfanatic000":bz4x5fgp said:
AbsolutNET":bz4x5fgp said:

Clinching the division and the #1 seed isn't a big game? We've had two shots at the division and dropped them both.

So far, I'd argue the only elite team we've beaten is the Saints. I can't count Carolina in week 1 or SF week 2 - that may as well have been last season given how they are playing now. The playoffs are all about how a team is playing NOW, and right now the Hawks aren't giving me nearly as much confidence as they were a month ago.

Point taken.

Still, it wasn't quite 'do or die' yet. As much as we love the sound of "1-0 every week" and "championship opportunity", our guys are still human and as humans can at times fail to rise to the occasion. Next week, when the division and HFA actually DO hang in the balance of the game, I expect them to rise up and punch the occasion in the mouth. We still control our own destiny.

Actually... I kinda like it this way. I like having week 17 mean something and I like having our guys heading into the playoffs with their foot on the gas. Hopefully they can smash the Rams and carry that momentum right into the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
These are what set the worry wart in me off. Why I say nothing is gauranteed and you never take your foot off the gas. I would have included the Seahawks Superbowl but we did what we should have done that year and it was taken away from us.

1993–94, the SuperSonics had the best record in the NBA at 63–19, but suffered a first round loss to the Denver Nuggets, becoming the first #1 seed to lose a playoff series to an 8th seed.

The 2001 Mariners club finished with a record of 116-46, leading all of Major League Baseball in winning percentage for the duration of the season and easily winning the American League West division championship but went 4–6 in the playoffs.

warden

Reaction score
Talk about making the same mistakes over and over. Fans just are happier when they can try to act intelligent by complaining. Fans having their gloom and doom, fans not appreciating all the good things we have done, fans consistently not understanding how good the opposition is, fans not understanding how hard it is to win in this league, fans coming up with such strong opinions without access to all the facts, fans in general are stupid.

amill87

Reaction score
chawx":2zdt2hp9 said:
Eh. it's not that good. It's just okay.

Here's the thing, this team plays with a lot of emotion and gets up for teams when it needs to, we've seen that all year and the year before and when we've needed to win, we've won every single time except once (in Atlanta last year). Is that a flaw that we ease up and don't play at our full-potential unless we have to? Of course it is! You'd love to see a NE Patriots-style of play where no matter who the opponent, you step on their necks and you step on it HARD, but this team isn't built like that just yet. A lot of these guys are young and cocky and need these slaps in the face to wake up and play with that chip-on-the-shoulder mentality that got them these 12 wins so far.

It's frustrating as all hell watching it from afar, because doubt and speculation creep in. But, since we won the Saints game, we haven't really HAD to win a game as bad as we've needed to this week, and that is what's been the problem. This team and our coaches seem to sleepwalk at times in games that don't mean a whole lot to us.

Now it means something. Now we have to win. Does anyone who's followed this team, week-by-week, play-by-play, second-by-second, really think we're going to lay an egg against the Rams next week? Seriously?

Games like the one next week are what this team is built for, they're going to lay down the hammer on St. Louis and it's going to be a bloodbath! We want that bye and division title MUCH more than the Rams want to play spoiler...like the great Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes used to say, "If you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me"

This team and Russell Wilson only know how to win when it's all on the line.

Now this is a damned good post.

I'd like to add, is there any team heading into the playoffs that doesn't have some sort of concern?
The Niners have played great against bad, mediocre, and on occasion good teams but they also have had their doors blowed off by teams.
The Eagles gave up 48 points to the Peterson-less Vikings.
We destroyed the Saints who went on to destroy the Panthers at home than lose to the same Panthers team away.
The Cardinals have Palmer who got one incredibly bad ass catch by his WR and otherwise made terrible decisions most of the day which he is known for.
The Bears are the Bears.
The Packers may be getting Rodgers back but their defensive coordinator still doesn't know that QBs are allowed to run.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Greenhell":jkx6en43 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":jkx6en43 said:

Keep calm and carry on.

Way to put things in perspective. :th2thumbs:

It really shouldn't be necessary but forever will this fanbase focus on the negative because its their history to.

With that said I now realize why 49er fans resort to shoving Lombardis in our faces... because their history allows them to.

Our history makes everyone, mostly everyone abandon hope, mope around after every loss, and be highly critical of each player and what they aren't doing right all the while generating more and more great expectations after each win because we are selfish and want that damn Lombardi in Seattle.

And many of us think the season is already over after a couple of sub-par performances on offense, a couple of losses the past few weeks vs great teams, with great defenses, teams we had embarrassed a couple times each that last games we played vs them, so they were coming in with every thing had to assure a different result. Yet, Seahawks were in both games vs both divisional rivals until poor execution, error, mishaps, questionable calls and perhaps two greatly awesome plays , 1 by Gore and 1 by Floyd allowed those games to slip away from us at the end.

Does that make us beatable? Yes, but every team is beatable.

The 9ers for instance has lost to every great team they played save for the Cardinals and Seahawks @ the Candlestick (games against Divisional rivals they should probably win)

Seahawks blew out the 49ers and Saints at the Clink, we won convincingly enough at UoP in Glendale, a place we hadn't won at in years, we held a good Panthers team in check in their home stadium, Season Opener, in a 10 am start, in 95 degree heat, and not in full health... games we've historically been bad in and we won. I'm certain the Saints would have took a 12-7 win over the Panthers in a heart beat. Cardinals are likely better than any of the NFC N OR NFC E teams in a vacuum (even though they couldn't beat the Eagles in Philly). Even the Rams, who at 7-8 is the best 4th place team in any division by a long shot. They would be 2nd place in the AFC South and in 5 other divisions they would be at least be tied for 3rd place.

Winning is hard in the NFL. To expect that on top of perfection each and every week is impossible.

Just because we struggle doesn't make us a bad team, unworthy and unable of going the distance.... it just means a rather young team, 4th youngest in the NFL to start the season, still has plenty of things to work on, plenty of room to improve upon and get better to be as successful as they want to be.

Latest posts