Way to step up there on that last drive Defense

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":37wva64p said:
If I was to try and post some blame it would be on our punt team. Besides the blocked punt which lead to 3 points, we also lost the field position war; IMHO.
Good point.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":pfl0du5i said:
LymonHawk":pfl0du5i said:
If I was to try and post some blame it would be on our punt team. Besides the blocked punt which lead to 3 points, we also lost the field position war; IMHO.
Good point.

Yep missed timeout sack goes for block punt.

dradee

Reaction score
By the skin of their teeth!

Almost a good thing to get that loss out of the way..... we will be hungry to the end!

GO HAWKS!

kmedic

Reaction score
When the game is this close as PC always says one play can magnified. The Gore run stands out the most, penalties as well. It's hard to pin this loss on one bad play though IMO. SF won a close one, that's it. Move on.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Hey Sea I saw the Browns lose today you must feel bad.

scakfan

Reaction score
I am not so sure Kap actually had a first down but no replays were given from the side just from behind. My first thought when the played finished that his knees were down with the ball short of the marker. Fox did not offer any sideline replay as is always the case when a play finishes close to the markers. Maybe the Fox booth saw something that had been shown would have brought out a PC red flag.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Penalties were bad, officiating was bad but the defense had a chance to stop them and didn't. Embarrassing sequence of plays for the defense in that spot. Not sure why some are afraid to just call it like it is. As bad as the officials were especially when extending 3 San Fran drives, the defense was still in a spot to win the game and didn't.

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
scakfan":u4rauab4 said:
I am not so sure Kap actually had a first down but no replays were given from the side just from behind. My first thought when the played finished that his knees were down with the ball short of the marker. Fox did not offer any sideline replay as is always the case when a play finishes close to the markers. Maybe the Fox booth saw something that had been shown would have brought out a PC red flag.

What?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well, you can get off the train and take a long walk back to whatever hole will have you.

Kaiser

Reaction score
this just in, SF isnt that bad a team. too many dumbass penalties committed to beat them.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3j5xnskm said:
unlike some of you, I think I will wait a bit before I book MY flts to the Super Bowl- it s still a long road to go.

especially when you lead the league in penalties and the refs start watching you for them, cause ya'll know IF they want to find one, there is one out there EVERY play

Disgusted

-You just won your Super Bowl

-We used a basic Game Plan so as not to give to much game tape

-You are still #2 in the Division.

-Short week

I think I covered some of the Niner's fans excuses last year, guess we should use them also?

You played a great game and won, even your little sister can get up for a game now and then props.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anybody who thinks our defense let us down is out of their mind. If you blame the refs or have conspiracy theories about outcome, you need to go back and watch it again. SF finished the game out. Something we've done in other games but not tonight. Both teams (and everybody watching) have a legitimate gripe about the refs but it was equally bad for both sides imo.

Was a great game. It's too bad the refs tried to get in the way but all things being equal, SF got the yards when it mattered most (at the end of the game).

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Shades of Atlanta for me. Thank god it was not the playoffs !!

ceej22

Reaction score
Came on here for the classic "sky is falling" post after a loss. Thanks for not disappointing me.

11-2 with an average margin of defeat 3 points. Remind me how many perfect teams there have been? That's what I thought. We still taking this thing all the way to the Super Bowl.

ceej22

Reaction score
scakfan":m55v8y2b said:

Wut? You don't seriously believe the guys upstairs rely on the TV broadcast to determine if Pete should throw the flag.