Watching Baseball Games,

QWERTY

Reaction score
Regardless of Postseason or regular season.

How come black people don't watch them? I don't see black people in stands.

The only time I saw them was during a regular game, and they showed Russell Westbrook with James harden in a Astros game. I did see Durant in a New york game as well, but watching the playoffs and regular season, I don't see them attending games at all.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's a shame, watching the NL the Yanks and Indians, the M's only team they will have any issues with is the Astros. Not for the Astros, we could probably be and have a good chance of winning the WS. I don't see any team capable of beating the AStros, and strangely, We will probably have been the Astros toughest series, even if they do sweep us.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Black culture hasn't embraced modern baseball like football or basketball. It's one of those sports that is really isn't that fun as a non organized activity so it's lost a lost of popularity in general.

MLB has done a pretty poor job of promoting black players and the sport in general to the black community. Shit, MLB has done a pretty poor job of promoting any of its players.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
It's a shame, watching the NL the Yanks and Indians, the M's only team they will have any issues with is the Astros. Not for the Astros, we could probably be and have a good chance of winning the WS. I don't see any team capable of beating the AStros, and strangely, We will probably have been the Astros toughest series, even if they do sweep us.

The Braves/Phillies/Dodgers and even SD can beat the Astros.

The AL is weak.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Black culture hasn't embraced modern baseball like football or basketball. It's one of those sports that is really isn't that fun as a non organized activity so it's lost a lost of popularity in general.

MLB has done a pretty poor job of promoting black players and the sport in general to the black community. Shit, MLB has done a pretty poor job of promoting any of its players.
MLB hasn't promote any players, well they are kinda promoting Shohei only.

I'm just wondering why black people don't watch baseball, or attend games and you have these athlethes, Bonds, Griffey, Jackie Robinson. Heck theres a big list there and even guys like Aaron Judge, Acuna,etc.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
MLB hasn't promote any players, well they are kinda promoting Shohei only.

I'm just wondering why black people don't watch baseball, or attend games and you have these athlethes, Bonds, Griffey, Jackie Robinson. Heck theres a big list there and even guys like Aaron Judge, Acuna,etc.
Acuna is Venezuelean.

I answered it in my first response.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I don't get why anyone would care what color the skin is of people in the crowd.

I guess there is a such thing as a stupid question.
Also, talking about them as if they're some strange species. Bad thread.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The last time that America voted MLB as America's favorite/best sport was 1960. It's been dying for a long time. They should cut the total number of games in each season literally to like 25% of what it currently is at. You can go attend NINE MLB GAMES and the combined outcome of all of them is STILL less than that of a single NFL game. A four-game MLB series is meaningless, and a single game's outcome is whatever is less than meaningless. I find baseball fun to play, but boring as hell to watch, even in person.

Threedee

Reaction score
Regardless of Postseason or regular season.

How come black people don't watch them? I don't see black people in stands.

The only time I saw them was during a regular game, and they showed Russell Westbrook with James harden in a Astros game. I did see Durant in a New york game as well, but watching the playoffs and regular season, I don't see them attending games at all.
I always watch them. Since 2003, it's an opportunity to see what quality baseball looks like. Finally, the Mariners were actually a good team. My wife is from Sahn Diahgo, so, I'm watching the Padres try to close out LA.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The last time that America voted MLB as America's favorite/best sport was 1960. It's been dying for a long time. They should cut the total number of games in each season literally to like 25% of what it currently is at. You can go attend NINE MLB GAMES and the combined outcome of all of them is STILL less than that of a single NFL game. A four-game MLB series is meaningless, and a single game's outcome is whatever is less than meaningless. I find baseball fun to play, but boring as hell to watch, even in person.
What do you mean combined outcome? Why are you even comparing to an NFL game? Also if MLB changed the number of games to that low all records and history of its birth in 1890something would be chucked out the window. Everyone who currently holds a record would keep it forever.

Playoff baseball is fun to watch always you don't need to catch every single reg season game just check scores at least . MLB makes most of its revenue from the long regular season they need it to last all through summer to make profit.

Last edited:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
What do you mean combined outcome? Why are you even comparing to an NFL game? Also if MLB changed the number of games to that low all records and history of its birth in 1890something would be chucked out the window. Everyone who holds a record would keep it forever. Playoff baseball is fun to watch always . MLB makes most of its revenue from the long regular season they need it to last all through summer to make profit.
What I mean is, a single NFL game has a bigger effect on whether you make the playoffs than significantly more MLB games do. Every NFL game is WAY more valuable, and thus, more exciting to watch. The MLB needs so many games to make a profit because viewership continues to decline. They need to make people want to start watching baseball again - an absurd number of games each season prevents each game from being exciting. Also, you're wrong about stats; all you have to do is convert all the stats to be on a per-game or per-inning basis; that way it scales much better no matter what era of baseball you're talking about. Raw numbers are the easiest way to lie with statistics. People should refer to Babe Ruth averaging 11.76 at bats per home run rather than his total number of 714, it's a better metric. What about Hall of Fame players who retired early due to injury or other reasons, etc.?

On this topic, another way to present my argument is that NFL games have a WAY higher "effect on season per game" ratio than MLB games do. Imagine if the Seahawks could lose five games in a row and it barely affected their playoff odds. It's just stupid - I'm sorry, you enjoying watching MLB is perfectly fine, but the reality is there are so many MLB games that no individual ones ever really matter and that plays a big part in its current 60-year decline in popularity.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If mlb was 80 games it might be more entertaining. Teams take too many games off.
Again, the reason for so many MLB reg season games is revenue. The average fan attendence for the average MLB game is 20k which is about the same as an NBA game sold out. That's damn good there's no reason MLB would shorten the reg season.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
What? So now black people don't watch baseball? My god, seek therapy. What are you even talking about?
Black people don't watch baseball, and I'm wondering why they don't. It's not the same as hockey, 97% of white people play Hockey, and 3% are different races.

There are good black baseball players, and superstars also. I'm just wondering why they don't watch baseball @ the field. I'm not making shit up but you can google why black people don't watch baseball, and there are many stories about it.

Latest posts