Was this game the nail in the coffin for ROY?

Rocket

Reaction score
Egypt.
Won't happen.
get used to it.

Ya'll are second-class fans in the east coast focused world of REVENUE.

chawx

Reaction score
mikeak":2h3ek8vh said:
Pretty sure the NFL is a corrupt league. Voting is done envelope is still open :)

^ This. Voting ended—but they'll give it to Wilson because of this win.

#3elieve

kearly

Reaction score
It's going to be awesome when Wilson is on the eve of just the second rookie QB playing in a SB ever, and Luck gets the award. Calling it.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I remember when David Robinson won NBA MVP just to be smoked by "Hakeem the Dream" in his own building the same day ...and out of the playoffs.

OP
OP
hawker232

hawker232

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1c7u1xj1 said:
Not knowing that voting was over doesn't make you a dumbass. Now, double-posting on the other hand... :mrgreen:

Lol give me a break, I'm a rook! I post from my completely over rated phone. I'm learning. :)

okaydo

Reaction score
hawker232":2vahn026 said:
Damm, now I feel like a dumbass. I think they should hold ROY voting to the end of the postseason. Because that's when you get to see just how good they are against the top teams in the NFL.

It's a regular season award, not a postseason award.

They announce it the day before the Super Bowl, when all the media is gathered in one place.

If they wait till after the Super Bowl to vote, then it'll take a week to count up all the votes and announce it.

By then, nobody will care, as the NFL season will be over.

That's why it's a regular season award.

Also, if you expand it to the playoffs. Then voting will be skewed toward playoff performances. So, then, what would be the point of playing the regular season? And what about those really great players who didn't make the postseason?