Was the Rams-Redskins trade lose-lose?

Sturm

Reaction score
HawkWow":24xkk98c said:
That field is without question a killer. But let's not forget Griffin had a knee while at Baylor, too.

The Skins gave away the farm for a running QB with knee history (LMAO). If it didn't happen at FedEx, with his style of play, it likely would have happened elsewhere. That is not to diminish the point that FedEx is a POS, but you can't blame the Skins for his injury unless you are going to blame Baylor, too. Injuries come with the territory when playing running QBs.

Ok, I had no idea that RGIII had a history of knee injuries at college. I'm surprised the person who wrote the article didn't bring this up.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
RG3 is not a 100%. He will be fine as time goes on and he feels better with his surgical repairs. If any of you have had a significant injury it takes time not just physically but mentally to get used to playing on something that feels different and not,quite right. You learn to compensate, and your mechanics become a mess. He just needs time to trust his body again.

I agree about the coach in DC. When he was with SF he coached under the defensive wizard of the Walsh regime George Seifert. He said that during Shanahan's interview he would throw out defenses and ask him how he would attack. It was after that Seifert hired him to run the SF offense. He was never known for his defensive expertise; he works best when he has a a strong defensive coach he can rely upon.

I think PC gets it he is a defensive first coach. He was a great DB coach at SF and it shows in our D backfield. He relies a lot on the OC and Cable to run the offense and realizes what he does best. He delegates where he feels others are better suited without letting ego get in the way.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I still find it a win/win.

Washington was a sub par team for more than a decade. They'd gone through a litany of bad QBs. They needed a franchise QB in the worst way.

St. Louis was still in the 'we hope our #1 overall works out' phase. 2 seasons is too early to judge him.

Washington got what it hoped for when they made the trade. Becoming a team that matters within their division. St. Louis has added a lot of talent. And are in a position now, where if they determine that Bradford won't ever be that guy -- they can move to a succession plan with the picks they have.

The Redskins problem isn't the trade. It's the fact that they generally don't draft well outside of the first round. Alfred Morris notwithstanding -- they don't have a good player evaluation group there. They've been pretty fortunate on their day 1 picks, although they've mostly been in the first half of the rounds. Losing the 2 first round picks hurt them some, but I wouldn't say whomever they could have taken would have had better returns for them. Especially if they were reduced to starting Rex Grossman for another year.

St. Louis has started to draft well. That team is talented and is building rapidly. If Bradford is holding them back, they are in a position not unlike we were last year. A ready built team to compete but missing the QB element.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Answer will not be known this year.

Right now I think it's Shotty who is the issue, maybe Bradford. Either way....that will be fixed. Snead and FO will take advantage and draft picks won't be known for value for two or so years yet.

Go get your Lombardi this year. This topic does not affect you this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":2fieyv0y said:

Right now I think it's Shotty who is the issue, maybe Bradford. Either way....that will be fixed. Snead and FO will take advantage and draft picks won't be known for value for two or so years yet.

Classic deflection Alice...I figure you know elite quarterbacks? (Warner). Wilson is younger and BFF is coming soon......:)

Oh yeah, said BFF is his EXACT age,.,,,hmm. (If you fantasize Wilson being a FA let me educate you. Both Harvin/Wilson will be Seahawks for life). Interestingly Irvin is back and Bennett is ok.......

RedAlice

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1ctnfkcj said:
Any trade that keeps Bradford a Lamb is a win (for us). Especially if they insist he is starter material.

Wish so much I could disagree with you.

My Sunday morning dream is to see him benched.

RedAlice

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":c843stnp said:
RedAlice":c843stnp said:

Classic deflection Alice...I figure you know elite quarterbacks? (Warner). Wilson id younger and BFF is coming soon......:)

Not really deflecting. I'd like to see Bradford benched and Shotty fired.

Of course I miss Warner...

I have no answer for this mess. Still love the team, but just.....um. No clue.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":3th6h3vy said:
KCHawkGirl":3th6h3vy said:
RedAlice":3th6h3vy said:

Classic deflection Alice...I figure you know elite quarterbacks? (Warner). Wilson id younger and BFF is coming soon......:)

Not really deflecting. I'd like to see Bradford benched and Shotty fired.

Of course I miss Warner...

I have no answer for this mess. Still love the team, but just.....um. No clue.
I apologize Alice I like you and from what I have sern you are a level headed fan. But it's our year despite what Denver is doing (personally it's going to fun watching that Chiefs win in Arrowhead against them later this year...but what do I know? ).

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sometime this week I was asked right out bed my SB pick....

I said Denver, and um....well, I was sleepy, I said I thought would be SJAX team....now maybe Hawks? maybe....

I was sleepy. But he agreed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's ok, Denver is sexy....Seattle is brutal just ask my friend who insisted the Texans are serious players...while losing MONEY to me, real money to a person that NEVER bets unless the odds are in her favor.:)

(Hint, the odds ARE always in our favor as long as Russell Wilson is our quarterback.....yes?). He "tilts" the playing field. He just does. I can't explain it though. It's that Brady/Brees/Manning factor with Montana mentality. Just insanity.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gk6nz17 said:
When that time comes, Alice will be elated and giggling, and we'll all be like "Damnit."
Stop being Les dammit! These aren't the usual Seahawks. Alice, though I like her WILL be sad.:)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hey, I resent you calling me Les! We can admit the Rams will be tougher to beat when they move on from Bradford without being an old fuddy duddy expecting losses every week; there IS middle ground!