Was Drew Lock forced into the deal by Denver?

seabowl

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone thinks the Broncos wanted to rid themselves of Lock thus telling the Hawks he must be part of the deal? Nobody I know is excited by him.

Rat

Reaction score
We should be grateful that Lock was willing to waive his no-trade clause to be moved here.

Elemas

Reaction score
Rat":1d29kznu said:
We should be grateful that Lock was willing to waive his no-trade clause to be moved here.

Lmao!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Maybe he has some value as a backup. He can;t be any worse than Geno.

James in PA

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1iclygmx said:
Exactly. I bet the plan all along was to have him compete for the backup position. Geno isn't the answer.

The Hawks will not go into week 1 with Lock as their starter. They definitely have a plan. And if Lock is the week 1 starter, that means "the plan" is to get a top 5 pick the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
James in PA":1zp02bdc said:
Tusc2000":1zp02bdc said:
Exactly. I bet the plan all along was to have him compete for the backup position. Geno isn't the answer.

The Hawks will not go into week 1 with Lock as their starter. They definitely have a plan. And if Lock is the week 1 starter, that means "the plan" is to get a top 5 pick the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m more on board with getting a top 5 pick the year after.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Lock has upside - cannon for an arm with a good deep ball, good size. Decent athleticism, accuracy, and touch. Main downside is poor decision-making. Suffered from subpar coaching in college which has stunted his development in the NFL. Obviously he's not being counted on but he's not a throwaway either.

Jville

Reaction score
Reclamation project.

Fits the teams MO.

TAB420

Reaction score
It's a no risk situation. Let him and Geno fight for QB1 this year as a game manager. Build the D with our acquired picks and draft a QB next year if it doesn't work out.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think so. He has zero upside. I would of rather they thrown in a 7th rd pick.
Lock has huge upside. He's big, way more mobile then people give him credit for and has a huge arm. I'm not saying he'll every reach his ceiling but he has Josh Allen Lite type upside.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It's a no risk situation. Let him and Geno fight for QB1 this year as a game manager. Build the D with our acquired picks and draft a QB next year if it doesn't work out.
The main problem with this is that Geno isn’t part of the team right now. He’s a free agent. He’s also a free agent with a DUI added to his resume fairly recently. I see Geno mentioned all over the place. I don’t think they resign him. I also thought Wilson would be a Seahawk in 22. What do I know?!

getnasty

Reaction score
The main problem with this is that Geno isn’t part of the team right now. He’s a free agent. He’s also a free agent with a DUI added to his resume fairly recently. I see Geno mentioned all over the place. I don’t think they resign him. I also thought Wilson would be a Seahawk in 22. What do I know?!
I would be shocked if Geno was on the roster this year. DUI was not a good look for a journeyman backup.

TAB420

Reaction score
Okay...Lock and whoever. I still wouldn't be surprised it we got Baker.