Walker TD and cut.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
OMG.

This was a thing of beauty. No beastquake mind you - and even this video doesn't really super cover the angle with the shoulder dip.

Please don't get injured. Walker is a frikken STUD. Look at the lateral moves from the back. Lynch-esque. PC even mentioned it.

Geno for Prez. Walker for VP!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
SICK! Dude is SO elusive. There was one play where my friend sitting next to me says "that was the most spectacular run for no gain I've seen since Lynch"

Accurate
Side note, it would be fun to read the thread for the Walker draft pick now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SICK! Dude is SO elusive. There was one play where my friend sitting next to me says "that was the most spectacular run for no gain I've seen since Lynch"

Accurate
Side note, it would be fun to read the thread for the Walker draft pick now.

There was sooooo much whining about the pick

"you don't draft a RB in the 2nd round"

You do if hes good and you have a need. Check and check

The draft analytics have lead to those kind of ridiculous takes. Glad Pete and John ignored that nonsense and grabbed him

Having a difference maker at the position is such a boost for the offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it was clear that they not only knew that Carson wasn't coming back, but Penny's injury history. Also, this kid was a beast in college, so this wasn't some huge reach. Fans are experts every draft. Meh, let it play out. This kid is the real deal. GREAT draft pick. You don't just accidentally score 5 touchdowns against Michigan.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
KW3 needs to work on his pass blocking, he needs that bit to be a complete every down back. Otherwise, I am very happy with this draft, although at the time of drafting him, our front office was ridiculed by ALL national media experts for wasting a 2nd round pick on a RB when there were QBs to be had, and of course, in their opinions, we didn't have a functional QB on roster.

I can't think of any class 2022 QB that excelled at this point.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
His running style is a little like Barry Sanders... slippery, good base, quick and fast...with some power. What a game!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
There was sooooo much whining about the pick

"you don't draft a RB in the 2nd round"

You do if hes good and you have a need. Check and check

The draft analytics have lead to those kind of ridiculous takes. Glad Pete and John ignored that nonsense and grabbed him

Having a difference maker at the position is such a boost for the offense.
I wasn't a big fan of the pick because my comp for KW3 was Kamara, and he would be miscast in a Carroll offense that depends on a North-South power back. I was worried he would be like Jimmy Graham, and his talents wouldn't be utilized.

Seeing the way the offense is opening up this year, I suspect he will fit in better than I thought. I would live to have a well-utilized, Kamara type back.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of the pick because my comp for KW3 was Kamara, and he would be miscast in a Carroll offense that depends on a North-South power back. I was worried he would be like Jimmy Graham, and his talents wouldn't be utilized.

Seeing the way the offense is opening up this year, I suspect he will fit in better than I thought. I would live to have a well-utilized, Kamara type back.

That's fair
My criticism was more directed at the analytics people who put out a holier't than thou attitude about non trendy positional value picks...blah blah, even if they make perfect common sense

Your reasoning was sound and thought out at least :)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
OMG.

This was a thing of beauty. No beastquake mind you - and even this video doesn't really super cover the angle with the shoulder dip.

Please don't get injured. Walker is a frikken STUD. Look at the lateral moves from the back. Lynch-esque. PC even mentioned it.

Geno for Prez. Walker for VP!

That was a great play for sure!

For me, the play that really got me pumped was late in the game, when the Seahawks are trying to run down the clock, he breaks one up the near sideline and STAYS IN BOUNDS to keep the clock moving.

Unfortunately it was called back for holding and Pete went nuts, but that was the play where I realized this kid has both the physical and mental aspects to be a great back for this team going forward.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
That was a great play for sure!

For me, the play that really got me pumped was late in the game, when the Seahawks are trying to run down the clock, he breaks one up the near sideline and STAYS IN BOUNDS to keep the clock moving.

Unfortunately it was called back for holding and Pete went nuts, but that was the play where I realized this kid has both the physical and mental aspects to be a great back for this team going forward.
Yup. Lovin him right now.

Ghosts of ML.