Waiver claims & practice squad announcements ......

SeaChat

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2mhdmnmn said:
warden":2mhdmnmn said:
Don't be surprised if the Seahawks resign Rubin for week two, the same could be said for Reece. If a veteran plays in week one his yearly salary is guaranteed. Cut him and resign them after week one then they only have to pay them for the weeks they are on the roster. It is quite possible to see Rubin back on our team for a reduced rate if he goes unclaimed. A similar thing happened last year with Tufuafu
True, similar situation but Tuba may be getting long in the Tufe..

What's the chance we bring Tony McD back in?

Nice bit of info, I wasn't aware. Makes sense why some of these guys get dropped and then picked back up in week two or three. I was a little surprised to see Rubin on the list, hope that's the way things fall for him. I'd hate to be the one making these calls. Only call I'm really bummed about is Jermaine, he's bailed our asses out of some really tough spots over the years, an I thought he was still looking pretty good this year. Oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Just trying to compile all of the known Practice Squad signings in one place. So far, I've got ...

WR David Moore
WR Cyril Grayson
CB Mike Tyson
C Joey Hunt
TE Tyrone Swoopes
DT Garrison Smith
RB Mike Davis
DT Jaye Howard

That look about right? Any others I missed?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well there is the missing DT so now we have a rotation back, seems Big Nasties is going to be what the D line is about this year.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3tz3tfzj said:
Just trying to compile all of the known Practice Squad signings in one place. So far, I've got ...

WR David Moore
WR Cyril Grayson
CB Mike Tyson
C Joey Hunt
TE Tyrone Swoopes
DT Garrison Smith
RB Mike Davis
DT Jaye Howard

No it doesn't.

The Jaye Howard tweet was a fake.

Your current list should look like this .....

WR David Moore
WR Cyril Grayson
CB Mike Tyson
C Joey Hunt
TE Tyrone Swoopes
DT Garrison Smith
RB Mike Davis

....... with three open spots yet to be filled.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jville":80tznc9n said:
Hawkscanner":80tznc9n said:

WR David Moore
WR Cyril Grayson
CB Mike Tyson
C Joey Hunt
TE Tyrone Swoopes
DT Garrison Smith
RB Mike Davis
DT Jaye Howard

No it doesn't.

The Jaye Howard tweet was a fake.

Your current list should look like this .....

WR David Moore
WR Cyril Grayson
CB Mike Tyson
C Joey Hunt
TE Tyrone Swoopes
DT Garrison Smith
RB Mike Davis

....... with three open spots yet to be filled.

Ahhh ... thanks for the assist there JVille. I can't help but notice the lack of a QB there. I'm personally wondering about Boykin and whether or not the Hawks will again attempt to sign him to the Practice Squad. I know that it's obviously not going to be Boykin's first choice (it could be quite humbling actually to have to sign back to the PS after having been the backup last year). Still, I'm wondering about that possibility. Anybody know if Boykin's still out there?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I hear silence with regards to Trevone Boykin. His preseason finish was a disaster. He failed such a fundamental test of trust in his final preseason appearance. It was a shocking outcome after an investment of a year plus a second training camp and preseason.

I'm thinking Boykin would benefit in reflecting and reviewing his time at the NFL level. He is still very young. And, he still has time to commit to a NFL program and prove he can be trusted.

I wish him well. But first and foremost, I'm "all in" with what is best for the Seattle Seahawks.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Pretty cool to get Mike Davis on the PS. He had a great preseason.

Next on my wish list is Darreus Rogers.

Mick063

Reaction score
Mike Davis is a better back than Lacy.

I never did like the signing of Lacy and after 3-4 weeks, you will start to see with your own eyes why.

two dog

Reaction score
Jville":1gomp2ft said:
I hear silence with regards to Trevone Boykin. His preseason finish was a disaster. He failed such a fundamental test of trust in his final preseason appearance. It was a shocking outcome after an investment of a year plus a second training camp and preseason.

I'm thinking Boykin would benefit in reflecting and reviewing his time at the NFL level. He is still very young. And, he still has time to commit to a NFL program and prove he can be trusted.

I wish him well. But first and foremost, I'm "all in" with what is best for the Seattle Seahawks.

I read somewhere, and I can't tell you where, maybe Davis Hsu's blog, that the Saskatchewan
Roughriders had put dibs on Boykin for the CFL. That might be the best thing for him. Other QB's
who are marginal for the NFL have helped their game in Canada. Thinking of John Collaros from
Cincinnati who is now a pretty good QB. At least for the CFL.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
two dog":29k4ymlv said:
Jville":29k4ymlv said:

I read somewhere, and I can't tell you where, maybe Davis Hsu's blog, that the Saskatchewan
Roughriders had put dibs on Boykin for the CFL. That might be the best thing for him. Other QB's
who are marginal for the NFL have helped their game in Canada. Thinking of John Collaros from

The CFL would be an excellent alternative for Trevone Boykin. It fits his style and would provide the opportunity to accumulate live snaps and experience. If he grows and proves he can be trusted in the CFL game, who knows how far he can take a football career.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
two dog":t48u6u8t said:
Jville":t48u6u8t said:

On Friday after the Seahawks last Preseason game against Oakland, I wrote the following about Boykin in the QB Poll thread ...

[youtube]WkqgDoo_eZE[/youtube]
I was ... wrrr ... I was wrrrr ... I was NOT RIGHT in what I said about Trevone Boykin before. His overall decision making just looked bad and he looked like a guy who is just flat out not ready for the NFL. I said it earlier, he's a young guy who just flat out needs to play consistently somewhere and learn. He is exactly the kind of QB that in years past would go to a place like NFL Europe, play for the London Monarchs, gain some experience, and try it again with the NFL in a couple of years once he's got some experience under his belt. Right now, I'd say he looks like he's more suited for the CFL or even Arena League football.

I was never IN LOVE with Boykin and the idea of him as this team's backup ... I just thought that we could win with him. Not sure I have that same level of confidence anymore ... and I'm wondering if Pete and John feel the same way.
Source:
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137968

I stand by those words and feel that the CFL could be the very best thing for him in all honesty.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Don't bother taking down the fake tweet. It is a good reminder ...... that those clowns are out there. Happen to me once. :229031_shrug: It's no big deal.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":23i2hjfa said:
Don't bother taking down the fake tweet. It is a good reminder ...... that those clowns are out there. Happen to me once. :229031_shrug: It's no big deal.

Agree completely. You have to learn from mistakes as well as others mistakes. There are fake news sources all over. We can learn from us as well. I have fallen into fake sites as well....not a great feeling. :?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2cq5cvsd said:
Hawkscanner":2cq5cvsd said:
Just saw this courtesy of Hawkblogger's Twitter ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/904757729364934656[/tweet]

Some of the particulars on Jarron Jones ...
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jarron-jones?id=2557864

Another Cable conversion project perhaps? Hmmm ...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-convert-jarron-jones-to-offensive-tackle/
Perfect!

"Former high school basketball player with exciting athletic traits."

LOL. You know, personally, I know this guy is available. I think that the Hawks should honestly give him a call ...
1024x1024

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1tsnt8yi said:
LeftHandSmoke":1tsnt8yi said:
Hawkscanner":1tsnt8yi said:
Just saw this courtesy of Hawkblogger's Twitter ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/904757729364934656[/tweet]

Some of the particulars on Jarron Jones ...
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jarron-jones?id=2557864

Another Cable conversion project perhaps? Hmmm ...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-convert-jarron-jones-to-offensive-tackle/
Perfect!

"Former high school basketball player with exciting athletic traits."

LOL. You know, personally, I know this guy is available. I think that the Hawks should honestly give him a call ...
1024x1024

He died seven years ago. And he didn't have exciting athletic traits; he wasn't a very good athlete. He was a really tall dude with long arms with really good footwork.