Video of R. Wilson runs?

SF-Wald

Reaction score
HawkWow":1yn9utfh said:
I actually think Griffin will get that sorted out this year. Shanahan took a lot of heat over the injury and I sincerely believe he will do everything possible to limit Griffin's exposure.

Kaep, OTOH, I don't think will be available for the 9ers entire schedule.

What do you base that on? Kaep is quite a bit bigger than RGIII/RW and didn't take hits like RGIII (he is similar to RW in this respect). He slides before taking the hit. I don't really remember him getting hit that hard last season.

Stuje1

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":16p7ucet said:
I got bored yesterday, here is what the OP asked for...

[youtube]ZhyhLCTrHQg[/youtube]

Wow, awesome job, thanks for putting this together!

12evanf

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2jjh6bx1 said:
I got bored yesterday, here is what the OP asked for...

[youtube]ZhyhLCTrHQg[/youtube]

Thanks for this, really. Russell runs so much smarter than RGIII, :179417:.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that Golden Tate hit was just bad. Lee is so lucky he wasn't out for the season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You can clearly see the difference are vast between RGIII and RW. In most of those plays, RGIII was running all the way. In most of RW's runs, they were scrambles after the pass broke down. He was looking to pass first, with an eye on running if the opportunity opened up or else he simply was trying to get some yards out of a bad situation. It really highlighted how awful our pass pro is. RGIII runs like a RB. Wilson slides.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
That was around 95 plays (maybe 10% of total plays), and alot of them were pretty decent gains. If you put together every break down of pass protection throughout the entire year including playoffs for ANY team, they would look pretty awful IMO.

Jac

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":18gr9zwd said:
That was around 95 plays (maybe 10% of total plays), and alot of them were pretty decent gains. If you put together every break down of pass protection throughout the entire year including playoffs for ANY team, they would look pretty awful IMO.

Did you count those on your video reel? His official stats show 94 rushes, so your compilation is wonderfully complete. These two videos would make great material for a national columnist to draw upon.

mikeak

Reaction score
49er fans - do you have anything similiar?

I think Kaep and RW runs designated runs that are setup to put them to the wider areas of the field which are more open and they still have the option of passing / avoiding hits

RG3 ran a lot of plays pretty much up the middle.

I don't understand running your qb into plays designed to take hits. It is one thing to run the qb by design if they have options to avoid a lot of hits..........and yes I realize the original injury came from a relatively open field tackle where he turned back into the field instead of trying to avoid the hit

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Jac":10is0hrc said:
Did you count those on your video reel? His official stats show 94 rushes, so your compilation is wonderfully complete. These two videos would make great material for a national columnist to draw upon.

Just checked, I actually captured 96 plays and never looked at the actual stats before I started.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ I haven't gotten through the whole video but saw one flag on a play pretty early. Wouldn't be surprised if there are at least two flags on the seahawks which makes up the difference. Maybe a few more but either way it makes the video pretty damn complete which is awesome - nice job

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If they register an attempted run tackled behind the LOS as a sack, it won't show up in his "run" category either.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3qdkmxrz said:
No, per Football Outsiders, Russell Wilson ranked 3rd in the NFL in pass plays where the defense got pressure. Notably, he ranked 2nd in the NFL when under pressure. Despite the acquisition of Okung, this oline is still crap at protecting the QB. One of the worst in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... ys-offense

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":22xzqb9z said:
12thManHawkFan":22xzqb9z said:
No, per Football Outsiders, Russell Wilson ranked 3rd in the NFL in pass plays where the defense got pressure. Notably, he ranked 2nd in the NFL when under pressure. Despite the acquisition of Okung, this oline is still crap at protecting the QB. One of the worst in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a ... ys-offense
And the Niners rank pretty bad too.

And yet I don't think either line is , in your words, one of the worst in the league. The truth is probably more in the middle.

Kaepernick and Wilson were near the top of the league in attempting deep passes. That has a pretty big effect on those rankings. Deep routes take time.

It isn't as simple as large number of pressures=bad pass protection.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
True, Scotte, but watch that tape again and you see that line doesn't give Wilson a lot of times. He extends those plays in order to throw deep. They don't pass the eye test OR the stat test.

kearly

Reaction score
Scott is right. No QB in the NFL held the ball longer than Wilson last season. Not even Aaron Rodgers. Now, Wilson is probably the NFL's most elusive QB and that certainly factors, but Rodgers is no slouch either. And Rodgers is probably leading the NFL in sacks taken over the last 4-5 years, whereas Wilson's sack rate is around the NFL median. Wilson was also near the top of the league in deep ball percentage.

According to Sando, Wilson had the lowest sack-rate per dropback of any NFC West QB last season (6.3%). Seattle's pass protection isn't stellar, but it is under-rated by most and still improving.

mikeak

Reaction score
and either way Kaep or RW doesn't take many bad hits

RG3 - are you serious? They have designated runs straight up the middle for 2 yard gains.....