Veterans stepped up in 4th quarter

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Veteran players like Geno, Lockett, Metcalf, Meyers, I’m sure there’s probably more, stepped up in the 4th to win game against Commanders.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. All 4 of them were nails when it counted. Especially DK. I suspect many people didn't like how well DK played :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, idk what happened to the defense in the 4th quarter. The Commanders attacked our defense on one side with the run and had success, or so it seemed… running away from #54.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yep. All 4 of them were nails when it counted. Especially DK. I suspect many people didn't like how well DK played :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hey now..... you got YAC? You're my friend.

I sure liked the effort on at least 3 of his big plays yesterday -

I just love the fact that 14/16 were a full 33% of their yards YAC. That makes me happy. If the universe was interested in making me happy - which, is becoming abundantly clear that it 'does not care' ;)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
If only veterans like Williams, Jones or Reed had stepped up in the fourth quarter, it wouldn't have been close.
Totally agree. I think it is going to take a few games to get those guys all working together perfectly. Pete mentioned that Jones will be able to see more time on the Edge vs the Interior, which is where he plays his best ball. Williams was solid yesterday overall. That wide open Mafe sack was testament to what Williams can do for us once he is fully integrated and working well with his teammates.

BASF

Reaction score
@Lagartixa can I get an explanation on the wow react please? Did our defense not give up 144 yards and two touchdowns on a ten and eight play drive in the fourth quarter? Did our lack of interior pressure from the aforementioned D-Linemen play no part in those two scoring drives? So many people want to focus on Geno as though we should have scored forty plus points on the Commanders, but our defense collapsed in the fourth quarter.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
@Lagartixa can I get an explanation on the wow react please? Did our defense not give up 144 yards and two touchdowns on a ten and eight play drive in the fourth quarter? Did our lack of interior pressure from the aforementioned D-Linemen play no part in those two scoring drives? So many people want to focus on Geno as though we should have scored forty plus points on the Commanders, but our defense collapsed in the fourth quarter.

My intent was not to disagree, and I didn't think it would come across that way. I was mistaken. Sorry 'bout that.

My understanding is that only the frown-face and angry-face reactions are negative. My intent was to give a positive reaction to your comment ('cause I agreed), and we don't have an "oooooooooh"-face reaction, so I went with the closest thing.

BASF

Reaction score
My intent was not to disagree, and I didn't think it would come across that way. I was mistaken. Sorry 'bout that.

My understanding is that only the frown-face and angry-face reactions are negative. My intent was to give a positive reaction to your comment ('cause I agreed), and we don't have an "oooooooooh"-face reaction, so I went with the closest thing.
I didn't take it negatively at all. Just wasn't sure what angle you were going with.