Update: Jimmy Graham out for year; patella tendon

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":24p0eb8g said:
That injury is all on Russell. Terrible throw.

Why half his passes to Jimmy are below the knees is a mystery. A stupid, stupid mystery.

Raible and Moon said the same thing. That and the throw to Graham before him were very low throws and Moon was challenging Wilson that he had to throw the ball up higher for a guy like Graham.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Other than Cruz, who else has had this injury?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":z4jwsqra said:

Cadillac Williams I think tore his in his second year, and was every bit as mediocre upon his return as he was when he went out.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Very deflating when Graham went down. I think he would have been increasingly productive down the stretch. So, Willson and Helfet are the only TE's on the roster. None on Practice Squad.
A few of the best available are RaShaun Allen (on Saints PS - he's been with the Hawks), Joseph Fauria (on Patriots PS http://www.patriots.com/team/players/ro ... eph-fauria), Gannon Sinclair (on Bears PS http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster ... 92af8fefc3). Anyone know if Zach Miller has been keeping in shape to return if called upon? (Don't confuse him with the OTHER Zack Miller with the Bears.)

Hey Terrelle Pryor... ever played TE? Lol
Get big target Chris Matthews back off Ravens PS???

Crizilla

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3bh8to12 said:

Why half his passes to Jimmy are below the knees is a mystery. A stupid, stupid mystery.

i agree

brees would have placed the ball where it needed to be

hate this

jkitsune

Reaction score
Crizilla":34ahk6id said:
HawkAroundTheClock":34ahk6id said:

i agree

hate this

I think pointing the finger at someone else for an injury that is completely beyond anyone's control is pretty heinous, frankly.

Crizilla

Reaction score
jkitsune":1v9sgcrz said:
Crizilla":1v9sgcrz said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1v9sgcrz said:

i agree

hate this

I think pointing the finger at someone else for an injury that is completely beyond anyone's control is pretty heinous, frankly.

well, injuiries are injuries and you cant prevent all of them

but it is true that it was a bad throw, and that bad throw put Graham in a really bad position. Ive seen the replay once and thats all im going to watch. It's really really unfortunate.

billyberu

Reaction score
Patellar tendon rupture. I tore mine two years ago skiing at the tender age of 45. This is a tough injury and recovery is going to take a long time.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Crizilla":3gm2d8tm said:
jkitsune":3gm2d8tm said:
Crizilla":3gm2d8tm said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3gm2d8tm said:

i agree

hate this

well, injuiries are injuries and you cant prevent all of them

but it is true that it was a bad throw, and that bad throw put Graham in a really bad position. Ive seen the replay once and thats all im going to watch. It's really really unfortunate.

It's true that it was a bad throw, and that Graham landed awkwardly in part because of a bad throw. It happens in sports, all the time, without injury. QBs miss throws.

Translating that into blaming Russell Wilson directly and entirely for the injury just seems unfair and irrational. We're all emotional about the injury, and maybe you wouldn't have said it if you weren't, but there doesn't have to be someone to blame. I'd be saying this even if you were blaming the Steelers DB who collided with him. It doesn't have to be someone's fault.

Injuries like this can ruin careers. Not important to try to blame someone.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This is a big blow. Grahams presence was opening up the field a lot for our other receivers.

First Lynch now this. We're gonna have to rely on Russell's arm now more than ever

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hawks46":3kh0ms54 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3kh0ms54 said:

Raible and Moon said the same thing. That and the throw to Graham before him were very low throws and Moon was challenging Wilson that he had to throw the ball up higher for a guy like Graham.

Thanks. I hadn't heard the radio call. But that's what I saw too.

I don't think it's important to place blame. Just telling the truth. Like the Seahawks do every Monday. If Russ throws that up where Jimmy can get his hands on it, the knee never folds like that. Truth.

jdblack

Reaction score
jkitsune":13v85eex said:
Crizilla":13v85eex said:
HawkAroundTheClock":13v85eex said:

i agree

hate this

Poster obviously doesn't think it was beyond anyone's control. Not a doctor myself, but it seems like the low throw contributed to putting extra stress on the tendon. I love Wilson, but if he did contribute then that emphasizes the need for him to focus on improving that part of his game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
jkitsune":3deyag39 said:
Hawk-Lock":3deyag39 said:

Cadillac Williams I think tore his in his second year, and was every bit as mediocre upon his return as he was when he went out.

Anyone else? Trying to see how other players have recovered from this injury.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow................HUGE loss............This hurts and hearing that it's the same type of injury as Victor Cruz does not bode well for us or him.

jkitsune

Reaction score
jdblack":3smrjy4w said:
jkitsune":3smrjy4w said:
Crizilla":3smrjy4w said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3smrjy4w said:

i agree

hate this

Poster obviously doesn't think it was beyond anyone's control. Not a doctor myself, but it seems like the low throw contributed to putting extra stress on the tendon. I love Wilson, but if he did contribute then that emphasizes the need for him to focus on improving that part of his game.

Not saying that Wilson shouldn't be aware that underthrowing a ball increases the risk of injury. Not saying the throw can't be criticized. Not saying Russell shouldn't have to improve, or that fans can't point out that a better throw lessens the risk of an awkward landing.

Just saying that a lot has to go wrong to pop a patellar tendon on a landing, and boiling it down to 'it's Russell's fault' is unnecessarily harsh and blamey. QBs miss throws all the time and receivers don't get hurt.

Maybe I'm the only one the comment bothers, and that's cool, too. None of the posters making the comments are bad posters who write inflammatory things a lot, so I'm not going to go out of my way to continue fighting it. We're all on the same side here in the end.

Latest posts