Update: Jimmy Graham out for year; patella tendon

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":35glzh0e said:
Although he won't be available for us this season, this is the best of all possible injuries.

Well, then that is awesome.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
northseahawk":21bn9fgg said:
Although he won't be available for us this season, this is the best of all possible injuries.

If this turns out to be true, I guess that is a silver lining. Would he be back to full strength by training camp then? Because he probably wouldn't be with the other injuries being discussed.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Definitely could be patellar tendon with the way his foot was trapped going down. Also, they were testing for that and he just about punched the doc that was examining him when he moved the patella.

-bsd

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man, this just really bummed me out. This really sucks. Seems like he was finally starting to fit in the Offense. And he was becoming a go-to target on 3rd down. Huge, huge loss.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2msrvuo8 said:
Man, this just really bummed me out. This really sucks. Seems like he was finally starting to fit in the Offense. And he was becoming a go-to target on 3rd down. Huge, huge loss.

Disappointing, things were really starting to gel.

Pick6

Reaction score
That is not good. Victor Cruz I think had that injury and look at him now.

Hawks46

Reaction score
knownone":1tfk3mn2 said:
NJSeaHawk":1tfk3mn2 said:
Hawks46":1tfk3mn2 said:
JSeahawks":1tfk3mn2 said:
Air casts typically mean broken bones, not ligament tears. But who knows.

I didn't see it, but yeah, typically you'd have an air cast to keep a leg immobile for broken bones.

I've seen guys walk off the field with ACL tears. I walked around just fine 2 days after I tore mine. I'd likely say broken bone. Which honestly, is a better injury than an ACL or PCL. I wish to this day I'd broken my leg instead of tore my ACL.

You and me both...I will definitely take the break over a tear, though.
Interesting. It took me two years to fully recover from breaking my tibia, it took about 4 months for my ACL.

I'd say that's a pretty amazing recovery.

Things are different from when I tore mine, but the Navy was considered very aggressive with their rehab at the time, I was doing physical therapy the day after surgery. Even then, they told me no matter how good I felt, I wasn't allowed to run until the 6 month mark, as the graft is considered too soft and can stretch again with too much lateral pressure. Once it's loose, you might as well have not had the surgery.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
huge loss...now we are stuck with Willssson and his so so hands...time to get the rest of the receiving crew involved just like they did today.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
That injury is all on Russell. Terrible throw.

Why half his passes to Jimmy are below the knees is a mystery. A stupid, stupid mystery.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Geologic":3nrrzxwa said:
northseahawk":3nrrzxwa said:
Whats the recovery time and stuff compared to an ACL injury?

Hoping the best for Jimmy. He always made most of what he had in this offense.

Typically 6-9 months, depending on how fast the guy heals.

The biggest bitch of having a patellar tendon tear is that you have to keep the knee immobile. ACL's and MCL's, you're getting and trying to keep mobility and range of motion.

So he's going to have some muscle atrophy to get over as well as healing up. The good news is that typically that tendon heals up just as strong as it was before.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Wow....so bummed out about this. Hope he does well with the surgery/recovery.
So Willson it is I guess. This blows. Jimmy was starting to get in a groove.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1spf6dzq said:
That injury is all on Russell. Terrible throw.

Why half his passes to Jimmy are below the knees is a mystery. A stupid, stupid mystery.

I just have no words.

Latest posts