Unger's LOW/WIDE RIGHT Snaps...

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I have noticed them enough to warrant (imho) a strong focus on this by the coaching staff. Having never played the center position, i have NO idea what could be causing this.

Does his recent injury have something to do with this? Am I overreacting?

cacksman

Reaction score
I've noticed this too. How hard is it to snap the ball to his chest? Unger is always snapping too low.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I would imagine its just form. I deal with it at the high school level, and it usually comes down to getting so focused on your assignment that you half-ass the follow through of the snap. fortunately it should be a simple fix over the long break this week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Could be his triceps injury.. as I do believe the injured triceps are on the arm he uses to snap the ball.

One thing I noticed when Max was out for two weeks is that Lemuel snapped the ball much better than he was doing. And I don't recall Max having any issues with snaps last year.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If I was the Offensive Line coaching staff, I'd have him practicing "hikes" an hour a day until it becomes natural for him to put the ball on center and above his waist....while there were two Defensive Lineman crouched down in front of him.

Tical21

Reaction score
This is a very minimal fix, much like a golfer who is pushing his putts for a day. Unger has had so much experience in the shotgun, he'll get it figured out quickly, unless he has the yips, then we're all in trouble.

mikeak

Reaction score
It has been going on all season. It was mentioned game 1 on this board........so the belief that it will be fixed because we have 10 days to the next game is not something I am buying into. I mean the snaps are all over the place and yesterday they joked about RW doing a quick throw as a baseball player but he is acting like a catcher back there as well........

I mean it isn't as bad as Dwight shooting free-throws but it is surprising and I can't believe that it helps RW when he knows he needs to pay attention to where between the feet and his head the ball will come. Granted that is only a 3ft area but still :)

formido

Reaction score
Have no idea why they don't make this a point of emphasis. It ruined the timing on one third down, I believe.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He wasn't doing it that I noticed until about the Jaguars game. That was when he injured his Triceps if I recall. Two Grass burners last night is two too many!

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Unger snaps the ball fine in shotgun his entire career. Unger hurts his arm that he snaps the ball with. Unger starts to not snap the bell well in shotgun formation. This doesn't seem overly complicated to figure out, why he is not snapping the ball well.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It's like shooting free throws, the only way its going to improve is via repetition...before, during and after practice. It has to become a major point of emphasis by the coaches with Unger moving forward, if it isn't already. When the issue first began is irrelevant. The bottom line is that it *is* an issue, and it has to be corrected immediately.

StoneCold

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2ie56wwz said:
It's like shooting free throws, the only way its going to improve is via repetition...before, during and after practice. It has to become a major point of emphasis by the coaches with Unger moving forward, if it isn't already. When the issue first began is irrelevant. The bottom line is that it *is* an issue, and it has to be corrected immediately.

It didn't help Shaq. :)

I am surprised it hasn't been addressed by now. It really shouldn't be that hard to do a decent snap. (Says guy who never played center.)

SC

Latest posts