Unfair BCS Rankings

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2beftcl2 said:
But... UW didn't do the Ducks any favors by losing to Arizona State. In fact, its so close, that might be the difference between the Ducks being 2 and 3 right now.

I love it when a plan comes together.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":32gwqrbi said:
JSeahawks":32gwqrbi said:
But... UW didn't do the Ducks any favors by losing to Arizona State. In fact, its so close, that might be the difference between the Ducks being 2 and 3 right now.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Haha. 7 win Steve looks to be right on schedule.

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ldfptahr said:

Tennessee didn't do the Ducks any favors today against Bama either.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":dq0quxfh said:
JSeahawks":dq0quxfh said:

Tennessee didn't do the Ducks any favors today against Bama either.

Yea, I didn't expect them too. But they only lost by 35 to Bama. And they lost by 44 to the Ducks. So i'm going to go ahead and assume that Oregon is better. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1oxr99tk said:
I'm as pissed as the next guy and I'm not a Duck fan. All I know is Oregons gonna get screwed no matter what. Ohie state and FSU will be in ahead of Oregon and its bull.
Not me. I don't care about the PAC-12. Wish UW would have made the PAC-10 at the time the PAC-9 and left the conference when the BS sanctions hit. You should win the national championship based on your wins and who you played, not conference reputation.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm hoping Oregon & FSU run the table and Alabama stumbles along the way. Ducks v Seminoles would be fun to watch.

sturg78

Reaction score
SeatownJay":30ce5266 said:
I'm hoping Oregon & FSU run the table and Alabama stumbles along the way. Ducks v Seminoles would be fun to watch.

It would be but as an Oregon fan I'd prefer to knock the champs off at the top of the mountain.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Missouri loss today was huge for the Ducks.

In most of the computer rankings they were ahead of the Ducks but behind the Seminoles. So we'll move up a spot in the computers while FSU will not. That should put us to #2 this week in the BCS standings (assuming we stay 2nd in the human polls... and we were closer to Alabama in those then we were to FSU, so that's a safe assumption, imo).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":u3esw8mx said:

In most of the computer rankings they were ahead of the Ducks but behind the Seminoles. So we'll move up a spot in the computers while FSU will not. That should put us to #2 this week.

That's fantastic. I switched to the Timbers game, so I didn't even realize that happened.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ds06ung said:

In most of the computer rankings they were ahead of the Ducks but behind the Seminoles. So we'll move up a spot in the computers while FSU will not. That should put us to #2 this week in the BCS standings (assuming we stay 2nd in the human polls).

That Mizzu loss was terrible. Watched most of it. Connar Shaw was benched, came off the bench and played the 2nd half down by like 17. Shaw took them all the way back to tie. In double OT the Mizzu kicker missed basicly an extra point to lose the game. Brutal for Mizzu fans and tough for a team that may now lose the SEC East if they lose to A&M which is very possible.

The SEC East is a total mystery

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ht89lg0 said:

In most of the computer rankings they were ahead of the Ducks but behind the Seminoles. So we'll move up a spot in the computers while FSU will not. That should put us to #2 this week in the BCS standings (assuming we stay 2nd in the human polls... and we were closer to Alabama in those then we were to FSU, so that's a safe assumption, imo).
The problem with computer rankings is that the program can be manipulated to reflect the "desired" result. That's how I think the Ducks are gonna get screwed and FSU and 'Bama end up playing for the mythical "championship". Again, I want badly to be wrong and as I've stated before, I am a Coug and Husky fan before I'm a Duck and Beaver fan. But I want to see the Pac-12 get a fair shake at the BS title game. Playoffs should have happened this year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":35bs2fue said:
Oregon has had a cake schedule. they should be ranked lower

Well at least that's the east coast spin on it. Basically they feel the PAC 12 sucks, and it doesn't matter what the conference did in the pre season.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Oregon gained first place votes and fsu lost first place votes in the coaches poll, so that's a good sign.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As expected Ducks move up to #2. Last week FSU was ahead of us by .003, now we're ahead of them by .031.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Seminoles move back to #2 next week after they destroy #7 (hugely overrated) Miami and the Ducks have a bye week.

Then the DUcks should move back ahead of the Seminoles for the rest of the way (assuming we all keep winning) when we beat Stanford the following week.

Somebody (probably Florida State) is going to get screwed. Cuz I think Alabama, Oregon and Florida State are all REALLY good teams. Ohio State might finish undefeated as well, but I think they're a step behind the other 3.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Gap Filler":38pc9vuf said:
Good maybe the Duck fans will quit crying for a week. Probably not ;)

There's not a single Ducks fan crying in this thread.

Strangely, all the people worried are fans of other pac 12 teams. Duck fans are confident that if we win out we're in.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2o695aa4 said:
Gap Filler":2o695aa4 said:
Good maybe the Duck fans will quit crying for a week. Probably not ;)

There's not a single Ducks fan crying in this thread.

Strangely, all the people worried are fans of other pac 12 teams. Duck fans are confident that if we win out we're in.

You are so easy to manipulate. You're like the 49ers fans who troll the NFL board.