Tyler Lockett

sutz

Reaction score
Just had another concern here about Lockett. With a problem of swelling in the lower leg, might it be smart to have him stay home and not suffer a 6 hour flight back east and back? Obviously that is a week and a half away, but that is something that is well known on long flights, that calves/legs can swell up due to the long time in low pressure air.

I'm sure the team doctors will take this into consideration, right?

iigakusei

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":23oush1x said:
To add to the previous posts, why on earth is Lockett returning punts and kicks? Never mind the potential injury to your number 1 reciever he hasn't in all honesty been that effective either. If he was killing it I could understand the risk v reward.
100% agreed. Can't we get Homer or someone else to do it?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Wasn’t Penny a top kick returner in college? Moore is a fine punt returner. No need to have Lockett risking injury in that role anymore.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
samwize77":5noq7vkg said:
Jville":5noq7vkg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1194692631013363712[/tweet]

Our people think he’s going to be fine to play. He’ll need the rest of this week to make sure everything goes away, but he should be fine to play next week.”

That’s obviously very good news for Lockett and the Seahawks, because as Carroll noted, “we’re a different looking team when he’s not out there.” --- Pete Carroll
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/receiver-tyler-lockett-should-be-fine-after-seahawks-bye-week[/urltargetblank]
Right on Jody for showing respect to one of our best players!!!!
Classy. Please keep the team Jody. Screw Bezos

Largent80

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3jsnx1c6 said:
Wasn’t Penny a top kick returner in college? Moore is a fine punt returner. No need to have Lockett risking injury in that role anymore.

[youtube]UHfIv2FGmGg[/youtube]

samwize77

Reaction score
Largent80":up1vap54 said:
Mad Dog":up1vap54 said:

[youtube]UHfIv2FGmGg[/youtube]

hmmmmm...makes you wonder what the coaching staff knows that we don't. Certainly looks to be a legit option over having Lockett return kicks.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Mad Dog":tdm9che0 said:
We've tried him there before, he made a lot of mistakes and wasn't very good. We did it in preseason and a few games in the regular season.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
uh you sure? I don't remember this. I'm old though sooo..

chris98251

Reaction score
Jody sends her plane to get him, you really think she is just a Office sitting owner and not involved?

toffee

Reaction score
Got to wonder if Jody's plane flew at lower attitude on the way back to Seattle to minimize Lockett's leg from swelling up due to low pressure? Stuffs one could do with a private plane.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
Looks like Compartment syndrome and Lockett could miss months. I think there is no chance he place next game or MORE! We need him healthy! But this one is going to take some time.
Roger

HawkerD

Reaction score
toffee":2xg8tvhe said:
Got to wonder if Jody's plane flew at lower attitude on the way back to Seattle to minimize Lockett's leg from swelling up due to low pressure? Stuffs one could do with a private plane.

Just an FYI, Unless you are flying below 6000-8000 ft it wouldn’t matter.

sutz

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":2jhc3v9j said:
Looks like Compartment syndrome and Lockett could miss months. I think there is no chance he place next game or MORE! We need him healthy! But this one is going to take some time.
Roger
Looks like you haven't read the whole thread. They were backing off from that diagnosis by Wed/Thurs. Lock's health and long term prognosis are key, of course, but so far they have been saying he'll be good to go for Philly.

I expressed some concern about a long flight at altitude earlier, but obviously the docs would take that into consideration.

Frankly, if there's any risk I wouldn't mind sitting Lock for a game to ensure he's good for the rest of the season.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Man that “Baldy breakdown” that Ivotuk posted of RW a few weeks ago really shows what our offense misses without Lockett. He is so good at finding open space on the scramble drills and he and Russ are locked in. Let’s hope he gets back healthy and soon!

toffee

Reaction score
HawkerD":2bmm37f1 said:
toffee":2bmm37f1 said:

That is really low, made for bumpy ride. Could a private jet file a flight plan going the whole trip at 6000ft flying along the coast on top of water?

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":2cff9u1m said:
HawkerD":2cff9u1m said:
toffee":2cff9u1m said:

That is really low, made for bumpy ride. Could a private jet file a flight plan going the whole trip at 6000ft flying along the coast on top of water?
Very unlikely. For one, it would take a LOT more fuel. For another, that is an altitude where all the smaller private planes fly. I'm not real sure, but I'd think that private jets would want to be above 10k, at least, and probably above 20k.

Subject to correction by the real pilots around here, of course. :242735:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":3ug772ik said:
toffee":3ug772ik said:
HawkerD":3ug772ik said:
toffee":3ug772ik said:

Very unlikely. For one, it would take a LOT more fuel. For another, that is an altitude where all the smaller private planes fly. I'm not real sure, but I'd think that private jets would want to be above 10k, at least, and probably above 20k.

Subject to correction by the real pilots around here, of course. :242735:

The speed would be an issue, since under 10,000 feet we're limited to 250 KIAS (Knots Indicated Airspeed).

Of course, maybe she sent down her RV-7 instead of her Dassault Falcon (or other private speedbird).

toffee

Reaction score
Any news on Lockett’s leg? Last I read was Pete expected him to play next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not sure about private jets, but commercial airliners are pressurized to the equivalent of about 7,000' above sea level. Totally irrelevant to Lockett's injury as if it were that much of a concern, they wouldn't have discharged him from the hospital.

The fear was that he had what is referred to as "compartment syndrome', which if isn't treated immediately, can result in some pretty severe, potentially life altering consequences. Kudos to our medical staff for hustling him to the hospital vs. putting him on the plane back home.

As far as his status for next week, there hasn't been anything posted on the Seahawk's website that would contradict Pete's statement that he should be ready to go. My guess is that they're shutting him down completely this week and will re-evaluate him next week to see how he's doing, so it would make sense that we haven't heard a lot.

sutz

Reaction score
RiverDog":2d8oqp1l said:
Not sure about private jets, but commercial airliners are pressurized to the equivalent of about 7,000' above sea level. Totally irrelevant to Lockett's injury as if it were that much of a concern, they wouldn't have discharged him from the hospital.

The fear was that he had what is referred to as "compartment syndrome', which if isn't treated immediately, can result in some pretty severe, potentially life altering consequences. Kudos to our medical staff for hustling him to the hospital vs. putting him on the plane back home.

As far as his status for next week, there hasn't been anything posted on the Seahawk's website that would contradict Pete's statement that he should be ready to go. My guess is that they're shutting him down completely this week and will re-evaluate him next week to see how he's doing, so it would make sense that we haven't heard a lot.
I don't think anybody practiced this week. :mrgreen:

They start up again next week like a normal week.