Two point conversion

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think Geno just supplanted some other guys that used to play here for best in history. Its nice to have a qb that can move around back there. Great play!
I just liked the playcall.

Faint glimmers of adjusting playcalls to the game/situation -

More than the ZERO that we've seen for a couple years -

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Twice in 3 games. Yeah.

But no, he has 4 or 5 4th qtr - late game comebacks with the Hawks i think. And quiet a few rediculous throws under pressure, beating blitzes, etc.
He has TWO game winning drives in 2 years. Rams last year and Detroit this year. It's not a shot at him at all. He's trending up, but we need to see the cold blooded killer in him a lot more.

hoxrox

Reaction score
That 2 pt conversion to ice the game was pretty "clutch"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
One shouldn't have to be discredited for another to be given kudo's for making similar/same outstanding plays, and that goes both ways.
Just knowing that Geno can make those exact same plays while under pressure, is good enough for this old fart.

keasley45

Reaction score
He has TWO game winning drives in 2 years. Rams last year and Detroit this year. It's not a shot at him at all. He's trending up, but we need to see the cold blooded killer in him a lot more.
bro.

This is his 4th.

And for all of the talk about him not being able to do it... he had 5 his rookie year. Most Russ ever had in a year? 5. Once.

But what kind of measure is that anyway? It doesnt even take into account the fact that if you are behind, it might be because your offense isnt efficient??? Or if you dont have a ton of comebacks, it might be because you dont fall behind, because your offense is good?

Geno could do it when he had a fraction of the skill he has now and with fewer weaopns. He can do it now. He already has.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Twice in 3 games. Yeah.

But no, he has 4 or 5 4th qtr - late game comebacks with the Hawks i think. And quiet a few rediculous throws under pressure, beating blitzes, etc.

3 actual ones, but its better than none.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tell me the 4 game winning drives he has in the last 2 seasons. I'll give you 3. Two games vs. the Rams last year, and Detroit this is.
They won that Giants game by 2 touchdowns. How is that a game winning drive?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You consider a 14 point victory a "game winning drive" now? Ok. As usual, I make one comment about Geno and it becomes about me hating the guy. FACTS? They won the Giants game by 2 touchdowns.
Doesn't matter, he balled out yesterday in the 2nd half and he's getting better as a QB, I'm good with that.

keasley45

Reaction score
You consider a 14 point victory a "game winning drive" now? Ok. As usual, I make one comment about Geno and it becomes about me hating the guy.

I dont, the statisticians that track those things do. They tally them the same way they do for every qb. Including your favorite.

I dont recall you ever looking to take away comebacks from Russ over victory margin.

If your team is down by 14 in the late 3rd, and the qb is responsible for bringing them back and taking the lead later in the forth by 7, and then in garbage time, the team adds another score, I guess that's not a comeback?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. He has 4 then. I can see the two Rams games and the Detroit game this year. The Giants game? Meh.
Don't really care, on to next week. He was damn good in the 2nd half yesterday. He's getting better w/this offense. All good stuff.
I haven't talked about the former guy in several months. Glad he's gone. Couldn't give 2 sh**s about him or the Bronco's. Was a huge fan, very glad he's gone.
And we fleeced them, even better.
And back on topic, that 2-point conversion was crazy. Shoot, that entire 2nd half was a blast yesterday.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
i just watched them side by side and they are eerily similar. Russ was a little quicker to let fly, Geno had to scramble a bit longer, but both launched from almost the same spot, at the same angle, for just about the same amount of time in the air. Geno's was just a little bit further. And Russ obviously had the Superbowl on the line, so from that perspective, they are totally different.

But great plays, both.

Latest posts