Trevone Boykin under investigation for domestic violence

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":1igys98t said:
Seymour":1igys98t said:
Seymour":1igys98t said:
Aros":1igys98t said:
That dirt bag needs to be in jail. Cut his ass NOW.

If it was up to me, I'd go one step further and cut his balls off. I have zero tolerance for woman beaters like this. He'll be gone before the end of the day.

Correction. He'll be gone before then end of the hour.

Seahawks cut him....again. :roll:

Not only cut him, but removed him from the roster on .com. They are usually slower about updating the roster in the off season, so the fact that he was scrubbed so quickly tells me that they are rightfully washing their hands of him completely

They can do that, but it won't help the PR nightmare this creates for them. They had their chance, but chose and gave him like his 3rd now.

All reports (and there will be many with these shocking charges) will still say "Former Seattle Seahawks Boykin....", and tie us to this idiotic choice of a human to give another chance. :pukeface:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2plyythu said:
kidhawk":2plyythu said:
If it was up to me, I'd go one step further and cut his balls off. I have zero tolerance for woman beaters like this. He'll be gone before the end of the day.

Not only cut him, but removed him from the roster on .com. They are usually slower about updating the roster in the off season, so the fact that he was scrubbed so quickly tells me that they are rightfully washing their hands of him completely

They can do that, but it won't help the PR nightmare this creates for them. They had their chance, but chose and gave him like his 3rd now.

All reports (and there will be many with these shocking charges) will still say "Former Seattle Seahawks Boykin....", and tie us to this idiotic choice of a human to give another chance. :pukeface:

If things go as I assume they will, he'll forever be a former Seahawk. Even if we'd let him go last year, I still think he'd be a "former Seahawk". I just don't see him ever signing with any NFL team. He was always a marginal talent (as far as the NFL is concerned) and his off-field issues just kept piling up.

It's really too bad that this woman didn't report the incident from last year as she's claiming now that it happened, because I think that would have kept him from being re-signed in the first place.

All I can say now, is better late than never. Hopefully justice will be served. I have very little doubt of his guilt. I've seen stranger things, but at this point, I'll need to see some pretty strong evidence that he's not guilty.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":1gkuxaio said:
Seymour":1gkuxaio said:
kidhawk":1gkuxaio said:
Seymour":1gkuxaio said:

If things go as I assume they will, he'll forever be a former Seahawk. Even if we'd let him go last year, I still think he'd be a "former Seahawk". I just don't see him ever signing with any NFL team. He was always a marginal talent (as far as the NFL is concerned) and his off-field issues just kept piling up.

It's really too bad that this woman didn't report the incident from last year as she's claiming now that it happened, because I think that would have kept him from being re-signed in the first place.

All I can say now, is better late than never. Hopefully justice will be served. I have very little doubt of his guilt. I've seen stranger things, but at this point, I'll need to see some pretty strong evidence that he's not guilty.

Love is a crazy thing at times. She didn't want to ruin his career, and protected him. Ultimately she ended up paying for that choice, but I do not think anyone should knock her for trying again and believing in the person she loved either.

sutz

Reaction score
Heard a little bit of this on the radio while on my mornng coffee run. It sounds really bad, letting him go is the right thing for the team to do.

Definitely need to move on from him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He’s an idiot. If what he is accused of is true, he needs to go to jail now!
My thoughts are with the victim and hope she makes a full recovery.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2mo3hiax said:
kidhawk":2mo3hiax said:
Seymour":2mo3hiax said:
kidhawk":2mo3hiax said:

Love is a crazy thing at times. She didn't want to ruin his career, and protected him. Ultimately she ended up paying for that choice, but I do not think anyone should knock her for trying again and believing in the person she loved either.

I wasn't knocking her really. I know that it's a very common part of the cycle. It's just a part of the cycle that I wish would end. These types of things almost always get worse and not better (on their own). I don't think any less of her for not reporting it then (assuming that's what happened, and I have no reason at this point not to believe that), I just with for both her sake, and ours that she'd reported it as it happened then.

Seymour

Reaction score
Agree Kidhawk. That part wasn't directed at you. Someone, somewhere will come along and say it's her fault for taking him back. There is some merit to that (she does have a part in it), but as we agree, love does that to many people unfortunately.

chris98251

Reaction score
They used to call it battered wife syndrome, an abused spouse or partner that feels so low she thinks she deserves the beatings or lack confidence from the berating's and beatings.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Looks like he released a statement:

“I understand the Seahawks’ decision to release me,” Boykin said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization and on me. I want to be clear that the story is false. The police have taken statements from the accuser, another witness and me. All of these statements confirm that I was not involved in the physical altercation. This woman has lied about me, and it has cost me my job. I know guilt by association is real. This person has fabricated a story and I am suffering the consequences. I will let the legal system run its course and I know I will be vindicated.”

If he did in fact do this, he deserves to be in jail immediately.

original poster

Reaction score
They’d been together since high school.

I hope she has a happier life now.

Boykin also put a post on Twitter saying the allergations are absolutely false.

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to a few of the articles (I assume they all lead back to one source) the victim says she has texts from him asking her to lie about how she got injured. That is absolutely not the actions of an innocent man. It's possible that those texts don't exist, but I doubt she'd say they do if they don't. If they do, he's just making things worse with statements like this.

Here's an article with that report:

"His first suggestion was to say that I fell. Then he suggested that I got beat up by a girl, or jumped. Then he suggested that I fell again,” she said, while also providing an exchange of text messages that she says proves Boykin asked her to tell people her broken jaw was an accident

[urltargetblank]http://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/ive-never-seen-that-much-blood-former-tcu-star-boykin-accused-of-assaulting-girlfriend/287-532476876[/urltargetblank]

taz291819

Reaction score
Aros":1pnt6g7g said:
TwistedHusky":1pnt6g7g said:
I still am just perplexed by why the hell we didn't sign Kap - hopefully it was a money thing and not a 'our GM was too stupid to realize he could help us' thing.

I heard he wanted starting QB pay and we were not going to pay him that to be a backup.

Johnny Football would probably take league minimum. If he could stay out of trouble for a year or so, could be a decent trade in the end.

pmedic920

Reaction score
taz291819":1g22wdew said:
Aros":1g22wdew said:
TwistedHusky":1g22wdew said:
I still am just perplexed by why the hell we didn't sign Kap - hopefully it was a money thing and not a 'our GM was too stupid to realize he could help us' thing.

I heard he wanted starting QB pay and we were not going to pay him that to be a backup.

Johnny Football would probably take league minimum. If he could stay out of trouble for a year or so, could be a decent trade in the end.

No!

Seymour

Reaction score
I'd take RG Knee over Johnny Football. But in the end.....neither for me thanks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Unless it's on video I dont believe it..

JK this guy is trash and his career in football at any pro level is over. Time to sign Austin Davis.

The Breh

Reaction score
taz291819":1vn6vcgo said:
Aros":1vn6vcgo said:
TwistedHusky":1vn6vcgo said:

Johnny Privelige?
I don't think Kap would be asking top dollar anymore, if it were, indeed, true.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
After what happened to Ray Rice, you will see more and more women who will NOT report this crap. They realize that if they do, they may very well cut their own throats by getting their man fired and losing the large paycheck. I wonder if she would have reported this incident if she hadn't suffered an injury that required medical attention. I agree with prosecuting these guys but I think the probable financial loss suffered by the victims will sway them to not report.

Latest posts